Aberdeen Game 19/02/16

Lindau

Curious to know what else they could have done. I presume you're aware of everything that the club have done or haven't done re: the pitch? If so please share.

It's times like this that us football fans are at our most irrational. The game has been called off with 4 hours until kick off after two days of almost constant rain. These things happen, it's nobody's fault.

Communication from the club about the pitch is another matter though...

2 days of constant rain? There's been several times during the last 2 days when there's been no rain.

What a massive carrot killie have got for tomorrow now win and they are out of the bottom 2. I can only hope Dundee try as hard against them as they do when playing against us

I agree that artificial surfaces have an impact on the way the game is played.... However, the game has evolved and part of that has been the improvement of grass pitches. One only has to look at clips of winter games in the 70s to see how different the game is now.

Maybe, it comes down to a compromised consistency over extremes of snooker table lawns/ tattie fields/ games aff .... Perhaps the former is the best we can achieve?

I'd hoped never to darken the forum again but the shite that is being talked compels me.

My information is that the club have been requesting a pitch inspection since early morning. The SPFL refused, saying it would be 5.30 as per the normal referee inspection. They relented at 3.30. Therefore the club have not being telling "bare-faced lies" as some would have us believe. They were giving out accurate information. There was no planned pitch inspection.

As for the tv money. We haven't lost that. It's shared out equally regardless.

I'll let you all get back to it now.

I'd hoped never to darken the forum again but the shite that is being talked compels me.

My information is that the club have been requesting a pitch inspection since early morning. The SPFL refused, saying it would be 5.30 as per the normal referee inspection. They relented at 3.30. Therefore the club have not being telling "bare-faced lies" as some would have us believe. They were giving out accurate information. There was no planned pitch inspection.

Ach away!!!

The SPFL have a great reputation for thinking of the fans... Thistle are a tin pot out fit with nae class.

Aiiya!!! ... ma fookin knee!! ... that wiz sair!!!

The criticism direct

Good points to counter some of of the (I feel) unjustified criticism of the club. if the club an be blamed for anything then it is bad media and customer relations.

If this is indeed true (no reason to doubt you LSR) then it's final evidence (if any more were needed) that the lunatics are indeed running the asylum. 5.30!!!

Incidentally, if this had been 19/2/2017 we would have already had our winter break.

2 days of constant rain? There's been several times during the last 2 days when there's been no rain.

What a massive carrot killie have got for tomorrow now win and they are out of the bottom 2. I can only hope Dundee try as hard against them as they do when playing against us

Sorry Michael Fish. Let's say two days of frequent rain then.

It is, I understand, common practice that whichever competent ref is available nearby does the pitch inspection if the appointed official can't get there early.

In these circumstances, I still can't see why Madden was allowed to do it! ;-)

PS. Was it not Mr Madden who scrubbed the Hearts game too?

I know. which is presumably why SPFL said 5.30.

Perhaps the SFA should have a few folk on retainer, farmers perhaps, who could judge this early doors? It isn't usually very difficult to tell whether a pitch is covered in puddles and unplayable. Given the distance Aberdeen supporters had to travel it shows a penny pinching attitude to their budget and no care nor attention to the people who, ultimately pay their wages.

• Like 1

It is, I understand, common practice that whichever competent ref is available nearby does the pitch inspection if the appointed official can't get there early.

In these circumstances, I still can't see why Madden was allowed to do it! ;-)

PS. Was it not Mr Madden who scrubbed the Hearts game too?

The very same Bobby Madden who started the rangers v hearts game last season when everyone knew it was a farse

Serious question

Should we be considering moving Tuesday's game somewhere with an artificial pitch if available? Eg Hamilton.

Running out of time to get games played

I think this is the current rule. Not a definite no but probably not something that could be amended at short notice. I suppose that if it is obvious the pitch isn't going to be playable then it's a feasible option.

H14 No Club shall play its Home matches at any ground other than its Registered

Ground without first obtaining the written approval of the Board.