The Next Giveaway At Firhill

Jaggernaut

Have to say that the distribution in the North Stand was excellent. Came in right on kick off and got handed one on the way to the stand.

Totally agree though, people taking 3 or 4 each is bang out of order and incredibly selfish. If their mate really wants one they should go to the game - isn't that the whole point?

Edited by ian_mac

Yeah got one no probs in the North last night. Simple solution to people being spotted with 2 or 3 could be that their mates/family are at the bogs or getting grub. At differing points last night I had two in my possession while my son was at the kiosk getting food or going for a slash! Only freebie I don't have is the scarf, which I never saw on distribution anywhere despite being in about 10 minutes before the kick off!

I'm still waiting to see these people with three or four cushions/scarves etc selling them on eBay but I've never seen any for sale. I guess that means that even if they do get more than one they're at least going to Thistle fans. Or as Lindau says, maybe it's just someone holding a few for their kids or mates.

Flags would be a good idea. I was in that glass enclosure above where the players run out at Tannadice for the cup game and was amazed at the amount of flags the United fans had behind that goal. Thought it was very impressive, however I noticed a few helpers collecting them about 15 minutes into the game, so looks like the club give them to that end as they go in then collect them back after the game starts. Still thought it looked very good. Would be good if our club did the same in the JHS and NS

Edited by Lindau

I am almost invariably rushing about to get to places on time. Last night at Firhill was no exception - I reached the stairwell just in time to see the teams taking the field. It was only when I took my seat that I noticed that lots of fans had cushions. It maintained my record of not getting any of the giveaways despite being at every game when they were handed out.

It's not a big deal but the distribution has not been great. They are always promoted as 2,000 items but at all these games the home support is not much above this and from what I have seen by no means has every Thistle Fan been clutching their freebies. I suspect that a fair number of the giveaways are allocated to favoured persons rather that being given out at the games - again I have no particular issue with this.

Maybe if they played Sylvia by Focus twice instead of that God-awful Laddi-Addio tune before the games I might be tempted to get to Firhill a bit earlier.

• Like 1

I am almost invariably rushing about to get to places on time. Last night at Firhill was no exception - I reached the stairwell just in time to see the teams taking the field. It was only when I took my seat that I noticed that lots of fans had cushions. It maintained my record of not getting any of the giveaways despite being at every game when they were handed out.

It's not a big deal but the distribution has not been great. They are always promoted as 2,000 items but at all these games the home support is not much above this and from what I have seen by no means has every Thistle Fan been clutching their freebies. I suspect that a fair number of the giveaways are allocated to favoured persons rather that being given out at the games - again I have no particular issue with this.

Maybe if they played Sylvia by Focus twice instead of that God-awful Laddi-Addio tune before the games I might be tempted to get to Firhill a bit earlier.

I'm sure if you go to the office you will get a cushion, give them a call first.

Any time I know there's a giveaway I get there a good half hour beforehand just to ensure I get one. So I've got the football, scarf, yellow card and cushion. Wouldn't dream of asking for 2 or 3 though.

I wonder what will be next. A flag or a t-shirt would be my guess.

A flag or maybe a baseball/sun type cap. Don't think they'd be able to handle all the different sizes of T Shirts plus I suppose there's already been the Kingsley ones, albeit not freebees. Anyway, really appreciated :thumbsup2:

I think the nature of the giveaways is interesting - most people could have predicted a football and a scarf, but a yellow card and a cushion. I would suspect that the next giveaways may follow an even more esoteric path. I think they're brilliant - other supporters may mock, but for a football club to be trying to engage with fans and art in this way is genuinely exciting and proves that some people understand that the marketing of football doesn't have to be total empty-headed b*llsh*t

• Like 3