Eu Referendum

Norgethistle

EU, should we stay or should we go  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Now the referendum has been called what's your thoughts?

• Stay in
    • Time to leave

:thinking: ... Come on Jagger, you gotta admit, that's a bit of a selective editorial on a report commissioned by the SNP executive with a brief to review the system, only up to kids of 15 years, and more specifically "Highlight key impacts of the approach taken to developing the curriculum to date" and "Analyse key aspects of education policy and practice in Scotland, and integrate insights from PISA..." ( PISA - The Programme for International Student Assessment, a triennial international survey of kids up to age 15, which last published results in 2012). The "curriculum for excellence" was only launched in 2010(?), and seems to have been in a state of flux since with a new system of national primary school testing being announced by the executive as recently as September last year.

Broader opinion, and concern varies, and perhaps the picture is not as clear or factually definitive as you claim.

http://www.oecd.org/...Perspective.pdf

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-35101835

http://www.heraldsco...ish_curriculum/

http://www.thecourie...llence-1.919141

http://www.ibtimes.c...ys-oecd-1540711

While I agree substandard levels of education is a UK problem, and PISA's 2012 survey reported on Scotland that indeed its', ".... own overall performance was similar to that in 2009 for all three domains [average in maths, and above the average in reading and science]" and "Scotland's relative performance compared to other countries, including UK administrations, improved slightly since 2009 in maths...", it is also true that the separate systems in england-shire and Scotland are developing, perhaps now more than ever, with differing overall policy. I would suggest that the report you have cited claims only that the "watershed" changes in Scotland "could deliver a world class system" but have yet to achieve it and a similiar conclusion has been delivered for English reforms.

It would be churlish of me to draw attention to Scottish concerns about achievement levels in Maths and refer to your numeric faux pas ".... OECD report in December 1915", :thumbsup2: ... However, as far as government actions in the matter, I'd make further comment that perhaps this commissioned report would have been more likely to give a better picture of the current state of affairs if it had been delayed till the 2015 PISA results had been published. Furthermore, a broader review and report on education after 15 years old may reveal more accurate information on how well state education is preparing Scottish kids for a highly competitive, and ever more educated world.

.... anyhoo ... whatever is the case... we'd be best off out the EU! .... Hows?.... Just coz, innit? ... them's all speakz weird abroad. English, aye, but funny like... ken? :)

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jean Claude Junker is a shape shifting lizard and Angela Merkel is an out of control cannibal lesbian android originally built by the Stasi to lure dissident perverts who escaped the facility when the wall came down. The world is not flat, it's a computer simulation programmed by evil death aliens who keep your brain in a jar in a huge hanger on the dark side of the moon! Don't believe Sabbath... he is one of them.
Here You!!!!!

Ordinarily I would have said we must stay in Europe but the minute Obama and Clinton joined in to say we must stay in, then that in itself is reason to say OUT. Also Cammy has said it will lead to wars, pestilence and famine, its a no brainer. Also they are all shape shifting lizards who believe in the ball earth and gravity....

Ordinarily I would have said we must stay in Europe but the minute Obama and Clinton joined in to say we must stay in, then that in itself is reason to say OUT. Also Cammy has said it will lead to wars, pestilence and famine, its a no brainer. Also they are all shape shifting lizards who believe in the ball earth and gravity....

Take responsibility for your decision, Sabbath.

Better to make an informed judgement based on your own analysis of the pros and cons, rather than give your vote away because of people you see talking on television.

House of Lords - Good

EU commission - Bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQckjBjxCls

I have no doubt, some will say I've never been a smoker or vaper and this is of no concern or consequence to me. Many may have neither the time or inclination to watch the full hour.

However, even if you can last through even the opening submission, you may find cause for consideration of the dangers of the EU system whereby the commission propose legislation to the elected parliament and the bloated bureaucracy of the EU.

It is clearly more than optimistic to suggest a more democratic reformation of the EU's top down authoritarianism is achievable. The financial stakes in the lobbies of Brussels make it inherently more susceptible to powerful large multinational corporate interests than nation state democracy. It is surely doubtful if it is at all worth the effort to maintain an extra layer of government where detail, efficiency and the effect on the individual get tangled up in transit to Stuttgart and neglect the interests of the people in favour of the sweet talking, professional lobbyists.

This should have been a thread where some opinions about a serious subject could have been shared, but you have managed to kill it stone dead with your prize idiocy.

Look we know your opinion by now - can you just please f**k off this thread and allow those of us who want to have a sensible debate to do so.

You have nothing constructive to add to this subject

Sorry mate, but that's the truth.

• Like 4

This should have been a thread where some opinions about a serious subject could have been shared, but you have managed to kill it stone dead with your prize idiocy.

Look we know your opinion by now - can you just please f**k off this thread and allow those of us who want to have a sensible debate to do so.

You have nothing constructive to add to this subject

Sorry mate, but that's the truth.

My last 6 posts have clearly aired the opinions of others. Many of which I do not agree with.

You may consider asking me to "f**k off" constructive. While some may agree with your opinion, others may not.

I suggest the truth of the matter is nearer it being yours that is the more unnecessary and irrelevant post in relation to the intended theme of this thread. However, I hope we can avoid starting a debate on that and begin on the EU referendum.

My posts are not excessively frequent, and are only so prominent here because no one is challenging their content, or offering alternate opinion or issues for discussion.

Fortunately, the floor remains open for anyone to share their views or draw attention to the views of others on the topic of this thread. It happened earlier in the thread and there is no reason apparent to me, nor reason that can put as my doing, for that not to occur again.

The thread ain't dead.... long live the Thread!!! :thumbsup2:

My last 6 posts have clearly aired the opinions of others. Many of which I do not agree with.

You may consider asking me to "f**k off" constructive. While some may agree with your opinion, others may not.

I suggest the truth of the matter is nearer it being yours that is the more unnecessary and irrelevant post in relation to the intended theme of this thread. However, I hope we can avoid starting a debate on that and begin on the EU referendum.

My posts are not excessively frequent, and are only so prominent here because no one is challenging their content, or offering alternate opinion or issues for discussion.

Fortunately, the floor remains open for anyone to share their views or draw attention to the views of others on the topic of this thread. It happened earlier in the thread and there is no reason apparent to me, nor reason that can put as my doing, for that not to occur again.

The thread ain't dead.... long live the Thread!!! :thumbsup2:

Look, in the spirit of being constructive, can I kindly suggest that alongside the links you post, maybe you could promote debate by offering your opinion on them?

• Like 2

Remind me - why are we having this enormously expensive referendum?

Is it, as I understand it, because one half of the Tory party disagrees with the other half?

Could they not have agreed a party policy on Europe at their conference and just gone with that, saving the British taxpayer a fortune?

• Like 2

Is it, as I understand it, because one half of the Tory party disagrees with the other half?

Could they not have agreed a party policy on Europe at their conference and just gone with that, saving the British taxpayer a fortune?

Cameron's f*ck*d this up big style.

There was no need to ever call a referendum on the subject.

The average British voter has not a clue about the benefits of the EU due to politicians that are pig ignorant about the subject in the first place and a media that has never ever in my lifetime presented the benefits of EU membership anyway.

I fear we are voting out.

That is my (admittedly brief) constructive contribution to this important debate.

Cameron's f*ck*d this up big style.

There was no need to ever call a referendum on the subject.

The average British voter has not a clue about the benefits of the EU due to politicians that are pig ignorant about the subject in the first place and a media that has never ever in my lifetime presented the benefits of EU membership anyway.

I fear we are voting out.

That is my (admittedly brief) constructive contribution to this important debate.

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually and irreversibly lead to federation."

"There will be no peace in Europe, if the states are reconstituted on the basis of national sovereignty... The countries of Europe are too small to guarantee their peoples the necessary prosperity and social development. The European states must constitute themselves into a federation..."

- Jean Monnet ... Cognac Dealer, Banker and politcal advisor to Governments.

"At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper—no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of that point."

"only when plans for uniting Europe take a federal form that we cannot take part, because we cannot subordinate ourselves or the control of British policy to federal authorities"

- Winston Churchill ... Elected representative and Member of Parliament for Oldham, Manchester North West, Dundee, Epping and Woodford.

Look, in the spirit of being constructive, can I kindly suggest that alongside the links you post, maybe you could promote debate by offering your opinion on them?

"Look we know your opinion by now - can you just please f**k off this thread and allow those of us who want to have a sensible debate to do so."

- Barney Rubble

To clearly gauge public opinion on a single issue.

No. Calls for another referendum were not exclusively from one political party or movement.

They did. They suggested a referendum.

I agree referenda are unnecessary and costly.

Calls for another referendum were not exclusively from one political party or movement.

But who, apart from the right wing inside and outside of the Tory party, were calling for a referendum?

As I see it, Cameron was not able to persuade the right wingers in his own party to shut the f*** up and was feart they'd all sod off and join the swivel-eyed loons in UKIP.

Is that any basis for all this fuss?

• Like 1