Pitch Renovation

Yellow & Redneck

That could be a major dent in our playing budget next season.

Agreed but it will be cost effective in time and it is something that badly needs done. In saying that I thought the pitch was ok last night. Potential games against either or both Sevco and Hibs, should take the sting out of the cost

Edited by Lindau

The cost shouldn't be coming out of the playing budget, but the ground maintenance budget.

And since that isn't getting spent anywhere in the ground, there should be plenty left.

And all good businesses should have a contingency fund for unexpected expenditure. And as another poster pointed out, if we're still in the top flight, we'll have better income through the gate next season that'll cover it.

The cost shouldn't be coming out of the playing budget, but the ground maintenance budget.

And since that isn't getting spent anywhere in the ground, there should be plenty left.

And all good businesses should have a contingency fund for unexpected expenditure. And as another poster pointed out, if we're still in the top flight, we'll have better income through the gate next season that'll cover it.

So there's nothing to worry about. The club have this covered and it will have no effect on the budget. That's good news.

• Like 1

So there's nothing to worry about. The club have this covered and it will have no effect on the budget. That's good news.

Agree great news I also forgot it was that easy. Come to think about it could they not just add a couple of noughts onto the player budget as well so we are shoe ins for the title next year.

With only a couple of thousand there last night there's no point on counting on the "die hards" chucking in a few coins anyway might as well use the Monopoly money.

I'd be up for putting money towards this if the equivalent was promised to the playing budget by the club.

One hundred thousand pounds is a lot of money. I'm sure the club would rather spend it elsewhere, including the player budget. If we were able to raise a very small portion of it, it would effectively free up club funds for the playing budget.

The WAT71 have raised a tremendous amount for the player budget this season. It's very frustrating that, with all the postponements, our efforts have been watered down (couldn't resist that :D ).

I emailed Ian Maxwell this evening to ask whether there was anything the club could offer as a reward to the winner of a Wet Are Thistle competition. We'll see...

So you don't think they have a ground maintenance budget that will be partly used? They wouldn't announce it if they didn't know how to pay for it.

I have no idea how the club organises its finances. Whatever way you look at it, it's £100,000 that the club weren't expecting to have to pay out. Wherever it comes from it's a big hit for the club. They probably know how to pay for it but other areas of financing will suffer. Consider also the wasted money and lost revenue from postponements and mid-week rearrangements. Despite the 'debt free' fanfare, they are not awash with money.

Football really does seem to be particular when it comes to customers and loyalty. How many of us would consider paying for the refurbishment of a restaurant that we go to once every couple of weeks, or a cinema, for example?

I reckon I'm pretty daft when it comes to giving cash to the Jags, like many others. But WHY do we do it?