The King Joins Thistle!

Lindau

Derek, sorry I should say Ross. King was a really good midfielder when he played for VD.

I was leaving VD (the school!) when Ross was just about to join....lol. Certainly didn't know he was an ex pupil until I read that article. Tommy McAdam was in my class at VD. Good bloke. Regularly used to get him and Colin (R.I.P) up the road at the end of school. It was strange that Colin ended up playing for Rangers when it was Tommy that was Rangers daft. Couldn't believe it when he signed for Celtic!

Edited by Lindau

I was leaving VD (the school!) when Ross was just about to join....lol. Certainly didn't know he was an ex pupil until I read that article. Tommy McAdam was in my class at VD. Good bloke. Regularly used to get him and Colin (R.I.P) up the road at the end of school. It was strange that Colin ended up playing for Rangers when it was Tommy that was Rangers daft. Couldn't believe it when he signed for Celtic!

We maybe crossed paths back then, Lindau? I played bounce games (up to 20 a-side) with Colin and Young Tommy on the black ash at Scotstoun primary and the red glaze up at Danes Dr. As I posted back at the time of Colin's sad passing you'd have no idea he would become a pro footballer. in fact I don't think he was interested in the game. You could tell tho' that Tommy had the potential. Woe betide anyone who went in hard on him with his big brother around! :)

We maybe crossed paths back then, Lindau? I played bounce games (up to 20 a-side) with Colin and Young Tommy on the black ash at Scotstoun primary and the red glaze up at Danes Dr. As I posted back at the time of Colin's sad passing you'd have no idea he would become a pro footballer. in fact I don't think he was interested in the game. You could tell tho' that Tommy had the potential. Woe betide anyone who went in hard on him with his big brother around! :)

Colin wasn't interested in football when he was at VD....pretty sure he didn't even play for the school side. Only times I played against Tommy was at the weekly games period at the Showgrounds where he played as a winger and I had him in my back pocket....lol. Tommy was Rangers daft, which made the move to Celtic more astonishing. They were great guys and I was desperately sad when he (Colin) passed away at such a young age.

Edited by Lindau