Jags Related Gg's Today's!

Lindau

2 out tomorrow but outsiders, so will have a very small token ew bet on both.

Archie Stevens 2:40 Southwell 6/1

Kingsley Klarion 8:15 Chelmsford 22/1

missed out on king thistle, but having a small ew single on both plus double,

Actually backed these two last time out,

Have taken 10s and25 .

Best betting wishes to all horsey guys for 2017,

• Like 1

One for the enthusiasts tomorrow and it's the Racing Post tip as well. EW nibble on the cards!

Radical Archie. 1:00 Chepstow. 10/1

Racing Post Spotlight below

Du Soleil won a bumper on his debut but that form looks modest and he will need more if he is to take this after an absence. Bardd remains with potential over hurdles and if he can brush up his hurdling technique then he is a very strong contender but the vote goes to RADICAL ARCHIE. Although he didn't match his Irish form on his first run for Evan Williams, perhaps this more conventional test will be in his favour.[Paul Smith]

Just as I predicted, the Warp Factor is out today in a low grade, 5 runner race at Musselburgh. It's the only runner Thistle Bloodstock have at the meeting, so all the hints are there. Let's hope this gets my 2017 betting account off to a flyer!

Warp Factor 12:30 Muss. 15/8

Warp Factor out in a pretty tough race at Fairyhouse this afternoon, but has been smashed from 10/1 into 4/1. Managed to get an ew tickle at 6/1

Warp Factor 1:30 Fairyhouse. 4/1

yes agree with that.

Maybe miss doolan's mount in the last at Kelso can ease the pain

Considering they were running it against some top Irish stable entries, they again smashed this from 10/1 to 10/3. That's 3 times they have hammered this horse in the betting and got their fingers burnt. Pretty sure the money will be recouped in the not too distant future

Edited by Lindau

• 2 weeks later...

Our old favourite Thistlecrack is out tomorrow for his last race before the biggie at Cheltenham. Currently priced at 1/2. Should win easily but he can't afford to take liberties with the Cheltenham fences. Banker if he stands up.

Thistlecrack 2:15 Cheltenham 1/2

Well the slightly longer distance found the Crack out. Beaten a head by former Grand National winner Many Clouds who sadly collapsed and died right after the race. Thistlecrack clouted a few on his way round and you can't do that at Cheltenham. Still be a hot favourite to win the Gold Cup but will need to jump a bit better than he did today. The result didn't matter in the end as I had a £20 double on both the Jags to win. Bad day all round on the betting front! Thank God it's payday on Tuesday...lol

Actually had Many Clouds today at 8/1 so result tinged in sadness. I think Thistlecrack could be heading the same

way if it continues to jump the same way on Cheltenham fences.

You are right. Not convinced he is a natural fencer. Was brilliant over hurdles, but he clouts a few over the bigger ones and that ends up taking the stuffing out you, as he found out today. Many Clouds is/was a National winner so obviously had stamina on his side and is/was a sound jumper. Tragic what happened at the end of the race!

You are right. Not convinced he is a natural fencer. Was brilliant over hurdles, but he clouts a few over the bigger ones and that ends up taking the stuffing out you, as he found out today. Many Clouds is/was a National winner so obviously had stamina on his side and is/was a sound jumper. Tragic what happened at the end of the race!

Horse racing is not my thing and I know nothing about it. I heard a replay on the radio of the end of the race. Two horses being driven hard to win then one of them dies of exhaustion. I think I would describe it as animal cruelty rather than a tragedy. Or have I misunderstood something?

• Like 1

Horse racing is not my thing and I know nothing about it. I heard a replay on the radio of the end of the race. Two horses being driven hard to win then one of them dies of exhaustion. I think I would describe it as animal cruelty rather than a tragedy. Or have I misunderstood something?

Phil, these top race horses and most race horses are treated like royalty and they have a far better life than a horse would normally expect. Death happens to everyone and everything. No difference from a marathon runner dropping dead from a heart attack at the end of 26 miles. These things do not happen often, but they do happen!

Phil, these top race horses and most race horses are treated like royalty and they have a far better life than a horse would normally expect. Death happens to everyone and everything. No difference from a marathon runner dropping dead from a heart attack at the end of 26 miles. These things do not happen often, but they do happen!

Big difference, marathon runners choose to do it, horses have no choice. I'm not against horse racing but just stating a fact