Killie Game 02/04/16

Lindau

That will be me then Davie that your talking about.

The big fella scores his 2nd goal of the season the other week at Hamilton and in my opinion having been at the game today he couldn't be arsed jumping for the ball.

Correct me if I am wrong but as a target man should he not win some and lose some ? He won next to feck all today and needs a size 9 before he puts Dools out of the team again.

Im 48 and my 1st game was when I was 8 so I have seen plenty of games to understand what's going on thanks !

Completely agree, there's a reason the stand was chanting Doolan 60 mins in, it's coz the big man just couldn't be arsed today. he's not alone in being rank, lawless was honking but when I see a player throw his arms in the air constantly and moaning at team mates when he can't even be bothered to attempt to win a header then surely that's got to translate onto the pitch.

Pass marks today for gary Miller for effort, booth as always and amoo. The Edwards sub puzzled me, his energy and fitness seem first class and I thought he was having a decent game, gary Fraser when he came on was shocking. His 30 yard effort summed it up for me. I know there's stuff behind the scenes but giving him game time at the moment is not helping.

End of the day a point gained not dropped based on chances, just a disappointing performance.

• Like 1

Thought the first half was great. Amoo and Pogba were stand outs with Miller link8ng up really well with them. Best 45 I've seen from Welsh this season.

Anyone who rubbishes Pogba on today's performance does not know a thing about tactics or maybe doesn't watch what's happening during a game.

Second half was really poor. All the good work fell apart. Balls started breaking to them instead of us.

As for killie. Sitting second bottom of the league and time wasting 20 minutes into the first half at nil nil? Get it up ye.

Can't believe you're actually happy with that , we had absolutely no shots on target for the whole ninety minutes and Pogba once again never looked like being any threat at all , 2 goals in 22 games says it all.

The game was crying out for a centre forward with movement to move their defenders around, Archie made a mess of it today taking off Edwards far too early as he was the one player who had the energy to close players down and get beyond the " front player " the game changed when he went off and as I've said before Doolan our main goal scoring threat only getting a cameo 15/20 mins is really beyond belief.

I'd be interested to know PT what tactics you actually saw in the game or even if you thought they worked because I just didn't see it and I think the stats in the game back me up.

Completely agree, there's a reason the stand was chanting Doolan 60 mins in, it's coz the big man just couldn't be arsed today. he's not alone in being rank, lawless was honking but when I see a player throw his arms in the air constantly and moaning at team mates when he can't even be bothered to attempt to win a header then surely that's got to translate onto the pitch.

Pass marks today for gary Miller for effort, booth as always and amoo. The Edwards sub puzzled me, his energy and fitness seem first class and I thought he was having a decent game, gary Fraser when he came on was shocking. His 30 yard effort summed it up for me. I know there's stuff behind the scenes but giving him game time at the moment is not helping.

End of the day a point gained not dropped based on chances, just a disappointing performance.

Agree with all you say apart from Lawless, honestly feel the wee man gives 100% at all times !

Best 45 I've seen from Welsh this season.

Wouldn't disagree with that. He would have been my MOTM today if his set plays had been up to scratch.....sadly they weren't. Sean put in a right shift today and good to see him getting some backing on here for a change!

Edited by Lindau

That will be me then Davie that your talking about.

The big fella scores his 2nd goal of the season the other week at Hamilton and in my opinion having been at the game today he couldn't be arsed jumping for the ball.

Correct me if I am wrong but as a target man should he not win some and lose some ? He won next to feck all today and needs a size 9 before he puts Dools out of the team again.

Im 48 and my 1st game was when I was 8 so I have seen plenty of games to understand what's going on thanks !

Pogba can win the ball in the air. We've all seen him do it. So there is no question he has the ability to go toe to toe with any centre half.

However he didn't jump once to attempt to win a header.

He didn't win one header all day.

Yet, I'm willing to guess we won 95% of the "second balls" in the middle of the park off the back of the centre half winning the header.

With killie defending high up the park that put us in possession in front of their back four with our players facing their goal.

Now if he was as shite as you suggest, why did three players go over to congratulate him on his contribution as he was subbed.

Do you think it was a tactic that rather than him go toe to toe. Archie identified that their centre half's are shite at clearing headers and told him just to ruffle them up, put pressure on them and it was the midfield job to pounce on the sec9nd ball?

Pogba was awful today, it's clear what he's supposed to bring to the team, he's done it occasionally recently but he was awful today. Was today the day his contract got automatically extended for playing so many games?

Thought Edwards started the game well but fell out of it & hardly touched the ball in the last section of the 1st half & start of the 2nd half, Fraser for Edwards made sense at the time.

Booth, Welsh & Miller played well, would have Dumbuya back in the team though when fully fit.

Pogba can win the ball in the air. We've all seen him do it. So there is no question he has the ability to go toe to toe with any centre half.

Yet, I'm willing to guess we won 95% of the "second balls" in the middle of the park off the back of the centre half winning the header.

With killie defending high up the park that put us in possession in front of their back four with our players facing their goal.

Now if he was as shite as you suggest, why did three players go over to congratulate him on his contribution as he was subbed.

Do you think it was a tactic that rather than him go toe to toe. Archie identified that their centre half's are shite at clearing headers and told him just to ruffle them up, put pressure on them and it was the midfield job to pounce on the sec9nd ball?

you can dress it up all you want but we had no threat at all today and if you reckoned Killie were playing such a high line , we would have been better to get behind them with pace ( Elliot or Amoo ) rather than lumping the ball forward to Pogba and relying on picking up the 2nd ball.

Your words not mine !

Nuff said !

Wow that was shit.

We do not deserve to be top six if we play like that against teams as astonishingly dreadful as Killie.

Edwards was excellent today and Amoo was okay but the rest of the team were poor or mediocre. Welsh was slower than a tortoise with a brain haemmorage. Lawless was very off his game. Osman was standing off folk far too much. Fraser was a bit of a headless chicken when he came on. Miller kept on getting caught in nomansland and should be dropped for Dumbaya.

Cerny seemed a bit suspect at times today and was a wee bit fortunate with the offside goal. Really slow to get the ball out to the fullbacks too.

Defensively Seaborne and Frans were fine, but offensively it was all hoofball.

Pogba was fine but no great shakes and any threat he or anyone else posed died in a ditch when Edwards came off. Doolan had no chance with long balls being hit straight down the throat of the troll from Harry Potter.

Wow that was shit.

We do not deserve to be top six if we play like that against teams as astonishingly dreadful as Killie.

Edwards was excellent today and Amoo was okay but the rest of the team were poor or mediocre. Welsh was slower than a tortoise with a brain haemmorage. Lawless was very off his game. Osman was standing off folk far too much. Fraser was a bit of a headless chicken when he came on. Miller kept on getting caught in nomansland and should be dropped for Dumbaya.

Cerny seemed a bit suspect at times today and was a wee bit fortunate with the offside goal. Really slow to get the ball out to the fullbacks too.

Defensively Seaborne and Frans were fine, but offensively it was all hoofball.

Pogba was fine but no great shakes and any threat he or anyone else posed died in a ditch when Edwards came off. Doolan had no chance with long balls being hit straight down the throat of the troll from Harry Potter.

As soon as you mentioned Welsh I gave up. The man is always in the game always looking for the ball. WTF is wrong with people that totally bellend a player who has been through so much including a huge injury ?

• Like 1

Agree with all you say apart from Lawless, honestly feel the wee man gives 100% at all times !

Think ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz sums it up well about Lawless being lost on the left wing. After Amoo went off I thought Stevie looked a lot brighter on the right.

I really want Lawless to be here next season but if he's going to be regularly selected to play in his third best position then he'll not be missed. The other side of the coin being if he signs for a rival club and is deployed behind the striker or wide right then we'll be saying how missed he is.

An interesting and plausible theory regarding Archie's tactics. However, I'd be astonished if we got anywhere near winning 95% of second balls. Moreover, I'd be willing to guess that the majority of second balls that we did win were those clearances that made their way back into our half. For these reasons I felt the strategy of lumping it towards Pogba/Edwards/Amoo was evidently ineffective, and the statistics regarding shots on goal, or lack thereof, would seem to add weight to that view. Having said that, I don't think Pogba was much worse than the majority of the team today.

Edited by Gnome on the Bing

Your words not mine !

Nuff said !

If that's all you're willing to take from my post, it would seem there's no point having any sort of discussion regarding the finer points of the game.

Is Dumbaya still injured? Frankly only injury would explain his exclusion.

I think the fact that Kilmarnock are a very big side and that they were going to pose a threat at set pieces, probably made Archies mind up to go with Gary on this occasion. Dundee Und and Ross Co don't pose the same problems so I would think Muzzy will be back for these games. The defence stood up well today. That No4 towered all over Pogba, who I think is 6ft 4in. He was nearly as broad as well!!

If Pogba was so bad, why didn't Archie chin him once for how he was challenging for headers?

If he was as bad as folk make out. Why leave him on the park for so long?

Why did players go over to congratulate him on his contribution, if he was as bad as some folk seem to think?

Unless he was doing what he was told.

Pretty much echo everything that has been said, we miss Bannigan so much, we've not got anyone to take the ball out of midfield and retain it to take the pressure off, Welsh,Osman and Fraser just keep giving the ball away or punting high balls up to no-one. I thought Amoo was decent, Seabo and Frans were superb, Seabo was my MOTM, We were bombarded with high ball all day and held our own and got a clean sheet. If we are to make the top 6 then it's going to be another 5 games of that shecht today although we will probably take 0 points out of 15.We will be one of the teams that end up with less points than the 7th placed!

gaun yersel Archie Koncher!

It would be interesting to see seabournes pass completion rate today because all I can remember him doing is putting the ball up the park straight to their number 4.

So many times today the midfield were totally missed out. But it did look at times that no one was making space in front and a massive gap right in the middle when players continually wanted to go out wide.

Could have played all weekend and no scored let alone threaten their goal.

If Pogba was so bad, why didn't Archie chin him once for how he was challenging for headers?

If he was as bad as folk make out. Why leave him on the park for so long?

Why did players go over to congratulate him on his contribution, if he was as bad as some folk seem to think?

Unless he was doing what he was told.

So the manager told him not to jump and not to win any headers??? Sorry - can't believe that.

And you think he played well?

Are you sure you were at the same game as the rest of us?

Can't believe you're actually happy with that , we had absolutely no shots on target for the whole ninety minutes and Pogba once again never looked like being any threat at all , 2 goals in 22 games says it all.

The game was crying out for a centre forward with movement to move their defenders around, Archie made a mess of it today taking off Edwards far too early as he was the one player who had the energy to close players down and get beyond the " front player " the game changed when he went off and as I've said before Doolan our main goal scoring threat only getting a cameo 15/20 mins is really beyond belief.

I'd be interested to know PT what tactics you actually saw in the game or even if you thought they worked because I just didn't see it and I think the stats in the game back me up.

I didn't say at any point that I was happy with the game.

I was happy with the first half I thought we played really well. Pogba worked really hard winning a lot of balls out wide and linking up with Amoo who also had a great first half.

The sec9nd half fell apart for me. Edwards faded greatly and Fraser was the natural choice. But he was stinking. Typified when instead of clearing the ball over the top for Amoo to chase, he succeeded in hitting the Thistle badge on the main stand roof.

I thought Lawless was powder puff. One of his games where he's easily brushed off the ball. He wasn't particularly great without the ball. Running into the wrong space a lot.

Seaborne is beginning to frustrate the hell out of me. He's a Willie Collum away from conceding a penalty when defending a dead ball. At one point in the second half he had both arms over balatoni shoulders to pull him back from attacking a ball. A second time he grabbed him round the forearm to stop him reaching a cross. He really struggles with balls over the top in behind Booth.

Killie are one of those seasoned cute teams who know when to fall down. We showed a lot of naivity getting too close to them at times.

We also must have got 4 or 5 yellows today. All of them merited. The majority for last ditch break up a counter attack foul.

1st half was good. I didn't think Amoo's crosses were that bad but we as usual had insufficient bodies in the box.

Welsh controlled the game and Miller was also doing well.

Clark must have booted some arses at ht and possibly changed tactics as they were much more physical 2nd half. Archie panicked and ridiculously subbed Edwards who was our only midfielder supporting our sole striker. Lawless should have been the one to go as he was garbage all day. Much as I like the wee man it was obvious he was not at the races.

I doubted when we signed him that Nesbitt would get a game because of the Archie fear factor. This was ridiculed on here after his 1st game when he played great. 1 bad game and he's never seen again. What a surprise! Today's game was crying out for a player like him. Instead Fraser who has been poor all season comes on and wastes possession every time he was in a good position. We may as well send him back to Celtic. Fraser should be nowhere near the 1st team at the moment. Archie has a job to do on him next season to finally realise his potential.

Come on Archie, I know you have done well to (almost) secure SPL status again but I don't want to watch such garbage again. If the opposition changes tactics we should adapt in a positive manner. Don't be afraid. I was delighted to see a friend who hadn't been at a game for 35 years. Guess what? He aint comin back for another 35 years. He just couldn't believe the negativity 2nd half.

Feel sorry for Miller who has been splendid but Dumbuya is possibly our best player and should be in the team. He changed the Hamilton game in our favour.

So the manager told him not to jump and not to win any headers??? Sorry - can't believe that.

And you think he played well?

Are you sure you were at the same game as the rest of us?

Tell me why he didn't jump once. Yet didn't once get shouted at by the manager?

I mean you've got a big lump of a target man and you pump the majority of high balls at him and he doesn't jump once? But the manager doesn't question him on it?

When he doesn't jump the majority of clearing headers hardly clear 20 yards and we are on top of every one of them. Using Edwards tenacity and Osman's bite to win the second ball and move our play into their half.

You didn't notice that continually working to our advantage especially in the first half?

Edited by potty trained