Nomad Player Of The Year 2015-2016

Shuggie

Thanks to a prod from a fellow Nomad, (TopCat) I am reminded that we are nearing the end of the season and that means it is time for us to once again reflect on which Thistle Player to select as the 2015/16 Nomad Player of the Year.

As in previous years, we Nomads will fund the purchase of a Nomad Trophy suitably inscribed and hopefully presented at the end of the season bash by a Nomad who is in town that evening.

With the introduction of Audio Commentary and greater exposure on the Telly we are in an even better position this year to be active and knowledgeable in our choice. I have never felt so well connected to the Club despite the distance between us and so feel this trophy ought to reflect our thanks for Club efforts.

You guys and gals get to have a say by donating a fiver (at least!) to the kitty. Paypal me at [email protected] marking your payment as a gift to avoid unnecessary Paypal charges.

You then get the chance to email me your top three candidates.

(of course, if you wish to give me fewer candidates, then fine!)

Your top pick will get 10 points, your second 6. your third 3.

I have posted this on Facebook will now share this message with my Nomad e-mail list.

I'll keep you all informed on how the kitty is growing.

The kitty stands at £10. :-)

Edited by Shuggie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Shug

I am offshore again and might might not be back on land for Sunday. I never bought a ticket for that reason.

You had any luck yet with a volunteer.

If I do know I will be on shore I would present it. How will you get the trophy up here if that is the case?

Contact me at my email address.

Tommy

Well our Nomad Player of the Year Trophy has been ordered and will arrive at the ground next week. I must say I have been extremely impressed by the superb customer service I received from our supplier who operates worldwide - so they get my recommendation - Do check them out at www.houseofcrystal.co.uk or www.decantershop.co.uk

Crimms! By the looks of things we have missed the party!! I have not seen it mentioned and thought I had till the last game of the season. Tell me the PotY party date !!!!

It could be a phantom award - Hmm I may have to rethink the speech!

Well our Nomad Player of the Year Trophy has been ordered and will arrive at the ground next week. I must say I have been extremely impressed by the superb customer service I received from our supplier who operates worldwide - so they get my recommendation - Do check them out at www.houseofcrystal.co.uk or www.decantershop.co.uk

Crimms! By the looks of things we have missed the party!! I have not seen it mentioned and thought I had till the last game of the season. Tell me the PotY party date !!!!

It could be a phantom award - Hmm I may have to rethink the speech!

This Sunday 8th May.....Oh dear. Thought you knew

Edited by topcat

Ah ha!! Of course, I'm having a senior moment!! The 8th is the McCrea bash.

The Jags Trust PotY is where we get to do our thing and that bash is on the 14th May. Phew!!

A wee lie down is now in order. Us old folk.........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Shuggie

Raymond Stark ... of Audio Commentary Team fame .... presented our Trophy to a worthy winner , our 1st choice keeper, Tomas.

There was wide support for 8 team members in the voting but Tomas was our clear winner - decided long before the McCrea PotY bash earlier also selected him.

The trophy is a smasher (crystal) but Tomas won't drop it!

Tommy Taylor has Twitter based photos and the Nomads Facebook Group has one of them plus a video of Raymond's fine speech etc etc

• Like 1

Raymond Stark ... of Audio Commentary Team fame .... presented our Trophy to a worthy winner , our 1st choice keeper, Tomas.

There was wide support for 8 team members in the voting but Tomas was our clear winner - decided long before the McCrea PotY bash earlier also selected him.

The trophy is a smasher (crystal) but Tomas won't drop it!

Tommy Taylor has Twitter based photos and the Nomads Facebook Group has one of them plus a video of Raymond's fine speech etc etc

Don,t suppose you can try to get a photo on here shug. I don,t use twitter or facebook. TA

• 3 weeks later...