Home Crowds

Auld Jag

No matter what happens this weekend this after a terrible start this has been a great season.Our home crowds have been poor although the last couple of games we have had crowds of over 4,000 at each.I would like to see us getting at least 4,000 at our remaining home games no matter which half of the league we are in.This would show the team that their effort has been worthwhile and also put some much needed money in the coffers.

• Like 3

We had a half decent turnout on Saturday but it was disappointing last night, given what was at stake. Our league position should be ensuring bigger crowds. Really don't know what else the club can do to get more through the gates

I thought it was only slightly disappointing given the usual midweek to weekend drop. Maybe around 20% down on Saturday? That tho' is a far cry from thinking our home gates are in any way healthy.

• Like 1

We had a half decent turnout on Saturday but it was disappointing last night, given what was at stake. Our league position should be ensuring bigger crowds. Really don't know what else the club can do to get more through the gates

It ain't just the clubs place to attract support. We all have the opportunity to talk the team, the club and the "match-day experience" up, and promote the Jags to everyone we encounter.

Although disappointed with the turnout last night I am still taken with the diversity of our support. Young and old, male and female, Norman-nae-mates, families and groups of "Thistle-pals". Sitting in the middle of the JHS and enjoying the noise from the magnificent Northy the crowd "felt" bigger and maybe I romanticise a little but there was a strong feeling of togetherness. There was the usual few grumpy critics but that was cancelled out a little by JHS clapping along and even joining in with the Northy soundtrack, even starting their own at times.

The team provided the result to make everyone feel, I'm sure, that last night they shared in a experience you don't get going to the movies, playing on a console or even going to a gig. We achieved something last night. We were all part of it. All contributed a little. Even for the most sceptical Jags fan, who maybe compares the 22quid to volume of beer, the casual fan or down-trodden overdosed regular, the there must have been a sense of "yeah, it's worth it".

The club can and probably will do more, but they have already done plenty. Kids go free, the Northy, some great sponsors, and a very competitive team!!! Firhill is again a great and exciting place to go.

Be proud and spread the word!

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 4

STV sports news was at Govan spoke about them and the other mob.Not even a mention our game was on. :frantic:

I get the frustration with the lack of media coverage. However, maybe we could do more to make ourselves noticeable in "the mainstream". Bombard the likes of "off-the-ball", "super scoreboard" and Talksport with e-mails, texts and calls.

Forgive them, for they know not what they are missing. .... There's a quiet revolution happening, we are on the front line along with the likes of the glamorous cup winners like County, ICT, St.Johnstone... , the reporters think the establishment have it all under control, and are only reporting on the major battles.

"Great Glasgow Alternative"...? :thinking:

"North Glasgow's Underground Resistance!!!" :ph34r:

• Like 1

STV sports news was at Govan spoke about them and the other mob.Not even a mention our game was on. :frantic:

BBC TV sports was the same last night, although we were getting more coverage on the radio. I find it really galling that BBC continue to provide in depth coverage when they have a dispute with the team from south of the river.

I get the frustration with the lack of media coverage. However, maybe we could do more to make ourselves noticeable in "the mainstream". Bombard the likes of "off-the-ball", "super scoreboard" and Talksport with e-mails, texts and calls.

Forgive them, for they know not what they are missing. .... There's a quiet revolution happening, we are on the front line along with the likes of the glamorous cup winners like County, ICT, St.Johnstone... , the reporters think the establishment have it all under control, and are only reporting on the major battles.

"Great Glasgow Alternative"...? :thinking:

"North Glasgow's Underground Resistance!!!" :ph34r:

I agree we must make more noise with the media. Be it the way we were not discussed as possible top 6 until last night, or the lack of coverage.

The fans from the team south of the river do this in a vile and threatening manner, getting journalists sacked and stories pulled.

We only want a fair share of publicity. My worty is we have missed the opportunity now the media have their darlings back for next season.

But we will only see change through our own efforts.

• Like 1

I love using a jet washer round about the garden and decking, it's very therapeutic. If the club could hire a handful of jet washers at the end of the season over say a weekend, I'd happily come in and help with jet washing the seats and the concourse in the North Stand and the JH. Anyone care to join me?

I would of course leave the piles of accumulated shite on the seats in the excellent Main Stand in preparation for arrival of the arse cheeks. In fact, I'd happily add to it by personally making a 'donation' just before their arrival. On second thoughts, will the board be moving the North Stand again next season for these matches? May have to have a rethink Hmmmm....

Edited by The Sons of Somner
  • Like 1

I was a bit surprised by the gate last night. DU brought substantially more fans than Kilmarnock did last Saturday, so I suspect the home supprt was down from the Kilmarnock game. It's hard to judge the crowd in the JH stand when you're sitting there, but there seemed to be fewer in the North Stand than on Saturday.

I appreciate the club works hard on match day experience with hand outs and much improved catering. And a great section for families.

But they should get Michael Max back, sort the tannoy and sack the pre match music man. We need some rock!!! At least we only got 5 seconds of the embarrassing ladeeda song.

The rugby has acdc followed by Biffy Clyro. Inspiring for players and crowd alike.

I appreciate the club works hard on match day experience with hand outs and much improved catering. And a great section for families.

But they should get Michael Max back, sort the tannoy and sack the pre match music man. We need some rock!!! At least we only got 5 seconds of the embarrassing ladeeda song.

The rugby has acdc followed by Biffy Clyro. Inspiring for players and crowd alike.

ACDC and Biffy Clyro! Good Lord, no.

• Like 1

I feel the problem with crowd attendance is more to do with the league structure, 18 team top league and 22 in the second league, with 2 up 2 down, would in my opinion bring not only the fans back but raise the quality of our game. the way things stand at present if you hit a bad run, your right into relegation trouble, and ordinary fans don't want to see dog fights. The only reason it changed in the first place was because rangers couldn't win the league, sure they could beat celtic occasionally more times in a season but struggled to be consistent, and lost points to the smaller teams, they used the rouse of more money, then greed took over. Teams like Morton, St Mirren, Falkirk and Dunfermline should all be reinstated into the top league, just for the fact they all have a large fan base and on their day can turn out a huge support. I would also include Clyde so we can beat them in the Hogmanay game...

• Like 1

The music played at the stadium is really awful I have to admit.

But I'm sorry, I am deeply distrustful of anyone who doesn't like AC/DC.

I'm generally mistrustful of bands formed by Rangers fans and ACDC follow the template - simplistic 'tunes' blasted out at high volume by someone in a dodgy uniform.

Edited by Charlie Endell
  • Like 3

ACDC and Biffy Clyro! Good Lord, no.

Hells bells! This shook me all night long. Rock 'n' roll aint noise pollution. Are you Spoilin for a fight?

Hold me back!

There's no Beating around the bush here, It's a long way to the top and if y'want the boys to Shoot to thrill Flick the switch and Let there be rock!

Give it up pal and have a Drink on me.

:rocker::fan::thumbsup2:

Biffy Clyro ...? :unknw: ... meh

• Like 2