Ballatoni Doing His Bit For Us

jagfaelivi

I don't think we need to drastically change the personnel as we have some talented players.

It's just that the team are set up too negatively with negative tactics too often.

We don't need 2 defensive mids. Back 4, one sitting midfielder, 4 attacking mids, striker. Job done.

Amoo, Lawless, Erskine, Edwards, Doolan is a talented attacking group.

• Like 1

I don't think we need to drastically change the personnel as we have some talented players.

It's just that the team are set up too negatively with negative tactics too often.

We don't need 2 defensive mids. Back 4, one sitting midfielder, 4 attacking mids, striker. Job done.

Amoo, Lawless, Erskine, Edwards, Doolan is a talented attacking group.

Agree or one of the defensive mids is more the box to box type (eg Sean Welsh during the promotion season). Put another way, two defensive midfielders are fine if they weren't so defensive minded. Abdul put a cracking cross in for Doolan to score on Saturday. Rather remarkable to find Osman out of his comfort zone on the wing and being positive.

I don't mean to sound disparaging as Abdul is one of our finest players. Merely highlighting if you are playing two defensive mids they can still contribute positively. Archie might not want to change a defensive system that has been a success this season unless he can be reasonably assured that enough goals will come from an attacking midfield. I guess there's quite a bit riding on Erskine being the catalyst to help up the goal rate by both assisting and chipping in with a handful himself.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

CB being hung out to dry in public by his manager, which regardless of who you play for is wrong.

I don't think Clarke covers himself in glory over this, and again makes me so glad we have a manager who conducts all of our club business, with professionalism and discreteness regardless of the circumstances

Any chance that Balatoni will be available for next season? If so, should we offer him a contract?

Our defense is better now than it was last year, however the change in goalkeeper and more defensive midfield will have a lot to do with that. I like him but feel that it would be a backwards move.

Any chance that Balatoni will be available for next season? If so, should we offer him a contract?

Pretty sure he was offered, and signed, a years extension just before Locke was binned so he's tied up for another season at Killie. The poor soul, hope he enjoys the Championship. Defensively we've done well this season and on that basis we don't need him if we keep existing personnel.

I miss him for his smartish distribution and his awareness in attack at set pieces. But that aside even if he was available I feel his obvious failings, which have not apparently improved since he left us, rule him out. In a similar vein I miss Fox's effective distribution as well but wouldn't in a million years want him to come back and replace Cerny, whose distribution is on the slow side and his kicking Arthuresque.

He improved as his fitness improved.

And he had some good games. But he was always likely to make a catastrophic error due to lack of concentration. He went to one of our main rivals for more money.

Good riddance.

He ended up there and no doubt earns more money than he was getting paid last season. I suppose you said good riddance to Erskine as well.

Hypothetically, if Falkirk win 1 nil and Hibs win 4 nil this weekend, both teams will finish level on points and their goal difference will be exactly the same. Will they need to play an additional 'play-off' prior to the play-offs? With Hibs being in the Scottish Cup final they could potentially have a further 8 games on completion of the 36 scheduled league fixtures, while the team that finishes 2nd bottom only have two games to focus on which surely hands the premiership team a further unfair advantage than normal.

Hypothetically, if Falkirk win 1 nil and Hibs win 4 nil this weekend, both teams will finish level on points and their goal difference will be exactly the same. Will they need to play an additional 'play-off' prior to the play-offs? With Hibs being in the Scottish Cup final they could potentially have a further 8 games on completion of the 36 scheduled league fixtures, while the team that finishes 2nd bottom only have two games to focus on which surely hands the premiership team a further unfair advantage than normal.

I think it'd go to head to head record in that scenario, in which case Hibs would finish 2nd...

You could've added they'll both have scored the same number of goals. Most goals scored I guess would've been a tie breaker. So not a clue but that nice Mr Doncaster will know what to do.

Btw personally I think the play offs between top and 2nd tier as they stand are fair enough. That's purely because of the stupidly small leagues where the Championship team in fourth could easily be not that many points above the team in 2nd bottom.

You could've added they'll both have scored the same number of goals. Most goals scored I guess would've been a tie breaker. So not a clue but that nice Mr Doncaster will know what to do.

Btw personally I think the play offs between top and 2nd tier as they stand are fair enough. That's purely because of the stupidly small leagues where the Championship team in fourth could easily be not that many points above the team in 2nd bottom.

Largest support wins?

You could've added they'll both have scored the same number of goals. Most goals scored I guess would've been a tie breaker.

Sorry, thats what I meant that both teams goals for and against record would be exactly the same. After consulting google this extract is taken from the SFA rules:

"If the League position between any two or more clubs cannot be determined by 37 application of Rule C35 and their positions in the League at the relevant time have a bearing on deciding which Club is the Champion Club of the League and/or a Division, whether a Club plays its final five League Matches in any Season in the Premiership between the other Clubs in positions 1 to 6 in the Premiership or the other Clubs in positions 7 to 12 in the Premiership, whether a Club is promoted or a Club is relegated to or from a Division, participation in a Play-Off Competition or qualification (or consideration for qualification) for any other competitions, including UEFA Competitions, then the Clubs concerned shall play-off a deciding League Match to determine League position on a date and at a neutral ground as determined by the Board in each case. Such deciding League Match shall be of 90 minutes duration with 30 minutes of extra time and kicks from the penalty mark if necessary in accordance with the rules laid down by the International Football Association Board which will determine the winner."

If the above was to happen the only winner would be the killie pies

Edited by MonehJags