Who Else Has ****** Had Enough

MWM

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Saturday was a cracking little day out with the lads as per usual, however it is truly sad that we must factor in the 30 minute depression after the game before having a few drinks and enjoying experiencing the shanty towns we visit.

We moved round on Saturday under the cow shed and I know for a fact that McCall heard the tirade of abuse we gave him, all factual comments also! I know it is financial - the reason that we cant sack him - but surely it makes more financial sense to not lose gate receipts and end up relegated and possibly miss out on the league re-structure of the SPL after next season. (asuming that the proposed move goes ahead).

And to all who are aware of my stance on Buchanan - i concede that he performed adequately on Saturday...

I totally disagree with the fact that McCall has made more good signings than bad. Its the complete opposite.

For every one good player I'll state a bad one:

Good: Decent Simon Storey, Bad: Paul Paton

Good: Paul Cairney, Bad: Kevin McKinlay

Good: When King Buchanan Scored, Bad: Chris Erskine

Good: David Rowson, Bad: Ryan McStay

Good: Gary Harkins, Bad: Stevie Murray

Good: Twaddle when he could be arsed, Bad: Paul Keegan

Decent: Scott Chaplain, Bad: Stevie Lovell

Now we have the surplus shite players as I have no good players left to compare them against:

Willie Kinniburgh, a past it Martyn Corrigan, Martin Grehan (ok, jury is still out), Bryan Hodge, Marc Corcoran, injury prone and in the whole pretty invisible Stephen McKeown.

NOW LONE SIGNINGS, ain't this fun: Jamie Adams CRAP, Paul DiGiacomo CRAP!, Stephen Connor INJURED, Greg Cameron DONE AFTER 2 GAMES, Lucas Akins DONT GO THERE, Steven Lennon TOSSPOT. (Please add to the list if you want to)

So there it is in black and white, McCall has made twice as many bad signings than good ones! And with limited funds, that's an unacceptable and careless error.

I totally disagree with the fact that McCall has made more good signings than bad. Its the complete opposite.

For every one good player I'll state a bad one:

Good: Decent Simon Storey, Bad: Paul Paton

Good: Paul Cairney, Bad: Kevin McKinlay

Good: When King Buchanan Scored, Bad: Chris Erskine

Good: David Rowson, Bad: Ryan McStay

Good: Gary Harkins, Bad: Stevie Murray

Good: Twaddle when he could be arsed, Bad: Paul Keegan

Decent: Scott Chaplain, Bad: Stevie Lovell

Now we have the surplus shite players as I have no good players left to compare them against:

Willie Kinniburgh, a past it Martyn Corrigan, Martin Grehan (ok, jury is still out), Bryan Hodge, Marc Corcoran, injury prone and in the whole pretty invisible Stephen McKeown.

NOW LONE SIGNINGS, ain't this fun: Jamie Adams CRAP, Paul DiGiacomo CRAP!, Stephen Connor INJURED, Greg Cameron DONE AFTER 2 GAMES, Lucas Akins DONT GO THERE, Steven Lennon TOSSPOT. (Please add to the list if you want to)

So there it is in black and white, McCall has made twice as many bad signings than good ones! And with limited funds, that's an unacceptable and careless error.

That's nearer a ratio of 3 to 1, and personally disagree with a couple of your bad picks, but i take and ultimately agree with your point.

:thinking: You know, here i sit 14,000.00 miles away and I have the same thoughts as most of you on how Thistle are travelling at the moment.I get the results from my dad every Sunday night on the phone and according to him "we are shyte" Seems to be the same sentiments as this forum.While I don't rate Mc call AT ALL I don't see or know who is out there in Fitba Land who could take over and change the scenary at Firhill into a Winning Culture.I honestly don't blame any of you for Boycotting Firhill for the remainder of McCall's tenure up there. Good money going to Bad if you ask me !The Board have a lot to answer for too apparently and again I don't know any of them either.Are any of them actually Thistle men or supporters or are they just in it for the prestige of being on a board of directors? :rolleyes:

We should in all honesty be up at the top with 4 wins considering our club being far bigger than the rest of the Div.Only time will tell I suppose on how we develop but I'm as disgusted as much as you guys are on the current situation. :mad2:

I just love a Smart Arse especially a Kiwi One. Goodonya Mate for putting me right with my estimated distance.It doesn't really matter if I'm 14 miles away, I still wouldn't go and watch That Shyte!!!

You are too far away to attend any games, yet you insist that even if you lived closer you wouldn't bother. All the same, you feel entitled and qualified to criticise a team with mixed, generally poor, results - a team that you haven't seen. :huh: What possible reason can you have for doing so? Perhaps you really do live further than 10.5 k miles away - on another planet, perhaps? :mad3:

You are too far away to attend any games, yet you insist that even if you lived closer you wouldn't bother. All the same, you feel entitled and qualified to criticise a team with mixed, generally poor, results - a team that you haven't seen. :huh: What possible reason can you have for doing so? Perhaps you really do live further than 10.5 k miles away - on another planet, perhaps? :mad3:

That doesn't really help though, does it? I'm sure you criticise a bunch of things you are not fully informed on, or have immediate personal experience of - we all do, especially when it comes to football. It's not worth getting worked up over.

I don't know you, I've no idea how long you've followed Thistle, neither do I know thistledome, or his Jags experiences. But I do know that it can be pretty hard living so far away from Firhill, especially given the dearth of communication skills that our club currently posses. Hearing how it's all going tits-up and being fairly powerless to do anything about it generally pisses me off! I'd still go along, if I could, but I'd have to stick myself in the "Unhappy Clapper" clique! ;-)

:angry: Listen up Mr Fearchar,

I've supported Thistle all of my life since I was taken to Firhill by my dad way back in 1959 when I was a 4 yr old. From 1978 till 1987 I was heavily involved with the running of the Cumbernauld Supporters Club where we were the old Supporters Club who run a bus to Homwe games as well as the Away games.Just because I came over to Aussie didn't mean that I had to ignore my beloved Thistle so If I want to comment on their current position then I will. At least when I went to the games I saw a pretty decent team run onto the park with players such as Joe Craig, Dougie Somner,Alan Rough, Alex Forsyth,Alan Hansen, John Hansen,Jim Melrose, Maurice Johnston,Jackie Campbell, Ronnie Glavin, Jimmy Bone , Frank Coulston, Denis McQuade,Bobby Law,Davie McKinnon,Brian Whittaker,Geordie Shaw,etc etc.Who playing for us now can equal any of these blokes??? I rest my case!!! :D

I've supported Thistle all of my life since I was taken to Firhill by my dad way back in 1959 when I was a 4 yr old. From 1978 till 1987 I was heavily involved with the running of the Cumbernauld Supporters Club where we were the old Supporters Club who run a bus to Homwe games as well as the Away games.Just because I came over to Aussie didn't mean that I had to ignore my beloved Thistle so If I want to comment on their current position then I will. At least when I went to the games I saw a pretty decent team run onto the park with players such as Joe Craig, Dougie Somner,Alan Rough, Alex Forsyth,Alan Hansen, John Hansen,Jim Melrose, Maurice Johnston,Jackie Campbell, Ronnie Glavin, Jimmy Bone , Frank Coulston, Denis McQuade,Bobby Law,Davie McKinnon,Brian Whittaker,Geordie Shaw,etc etc.Who playing for us now can equal any of these blokes??? I rest my case!!! :D

So what you're saying is that you're a glory hunter?? :P

Just my opinion, Mr thistledome, but the current team would beat any of our mid eighties teams at a canter. Not a matter of opinion but fact is more Jags fans are watching today's pish than were back then.

Just to put things in some sort of perspective you understand :)

I am more than willing to listen, although should that not be "Listen down", since you're down under? :P

All I can do is repeat the comment: you do not see any play (other than, presumably, the odd snippets that are highlights), yet you feel entitled to castigate this team. Is that reasonable?

One of the reasons that I don't actually post very much (but read often) is that I don't see the team play every week. So I don't believe I'm in a position to criticise, or praise, the players and make informed comments on how the team are performing (although that doesn't stop some people!). I have to base opinions on what I read and hear from various sources, and they vary depending on what I read or who I talk to.

Edited by NZ Jag

Just my opinion, Mr thistledome, but the current team would beat any of our mid eighties teams at a canter. Not a matter of opinion but fact is more Jags fans are watching today's pish than were back then.

Just to put things in some sort of perspective you understand :)

Still think the current team would beat the teams of the 80;s Lady Isa? Must've been a cracker of a game against Stirling! :lol:

I never ever ever thought id be at the stage where im ashamed to tell people who i support, but the last few weeks i have became this way, i was at school during the horrible years and was never once ashamed to say i was a jags fan, but now i am.

...........don't be ashamed kiddo, embarrassed, mibbees,

but never be ashamed your a Jagsman!