2016/17 Fixtures

jagfox

I suspect the loss of tv revenue is behind the majority of the lost income figure quoted - after all it is highly unlikely any of the tv companies would show a game involving ourselves at either of the other Glasgow Premier League grounds although the novelty of our first ever game against The Rangers International side might have been interesting albeit it it at their ground.

There is no loss on tv revenue.

Looks like the fixtures will not be amended and no compensation will be offered.

SPFL calling our bluff here. Hope the club now pursue legal action.

I cannot understand what possible grounds we have for a case. Not unless there was a specific question asked of spfl at the time of budgets being prepared, which was subsequently reneged on. If no request was made, we need to look closer to home. If one was made, that's a different story.

Let's also remember we were losing players by offering them inferior terms before the fixtures were even known.

We dance with the devil in this league. A devil that allows inequities, in fact is designed to permit and encourage inequities. Sporting FairPlay is an alien concept to it. Having danced with the devil for so long, accepting, it's a bit rich to now be outraged, especially as given our record against the OF, home and away, this probably actually increases our chances of more points (by playing more winnable home games instead of games we OF).

• Like 2

The only grounds would be if the computer program used to compile the fixtures contained an algorythm that gave us a sporting disadvantage. For instance if it was hard coded that Dundee would get 4 OF games, then there are grounds. If it was just the luck of the draw then I can't see us having any where to go.

We have all protested that Rangers are a new club, so we can't now say there's a precedent.

I cannot understand what possible grounds we have for a case. Not unless there was a specific question asked of spfl at the time of budgets being prepared, which was subsequently reneged on. If no request was made, we need to look closer to home. If one was made, that's a different story.

Let's also remember we were losing players by offering them inferior terms before the fixtures were even known.

We dance with the devil in this league. A devil that allows inequities, in fact is designed to permit and encourage inequities. Sporting FairPlay is an alien concept to it. Having danced with the devil for so long, accepting, it's a bit rich to now be outraged, especially as given our record against the OF, home and away, this probably actually increases our chances of more points (by playing more winnable home games instead of games we OF).

The only way we have grounds for action would be if there's something in place that states the SPFL will treat the way the premier league sets it fixtures the exact same way the SPL did. Folk might think that the 3 x OF pre split home games was a tacit agreement but I'm fairly sure it was written in stone. I remember reading an SPL piece of gobbledegook explaining the mechanics of the split and that proviso was part of it.

No financial benefit but I was thinking we'd be better to pursue a no confidence motion. Then again this is just one example of so many of Doncaster's incompetence, so there's no reason to believe this one specific issue would get rid of him.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

The only grounds would be if the computer program used to compile the fixtures contained an algorythm that gave us a sporting disadvantage. For instance if it was hard coded that Dundee would get 4 OF games, then there are grounds. If it was just the luck of the draw then I can't see us having any where to go.

We have all protested that Rangers are a new club, so we can't now say there's a precedent.

You actually believe they have a computer programme that makes the fixtures? I think they do it in an excel spreadsheet so they manage to generate the exact fixtures they want

Do the way the fixtures have been allocated not mean that they are treating The Rangers in the same way as every other new Championship team into the Premiership and therefore replacing the team that went down. Also assuming the new team will be bottom 6. We had 2 home games against Utd last season so 2 away to their repalcements this season.

If so I look forward to seeing the Ibrox reaction if they make top 6 and get Parkhead for a 3rd time in the season.....cos of course The SPFL would allow that quirk to happen in the same way it did to Dundee at Firhill last season, as they are being treated as a new entrant.....

Obviously the fact that The Rangers got Celtic as the new year game is just another inconsistency to that view...

Still not convinced the statement was a good idea, unless we checked. I would be disappointed if Maxie hadn't at least checked before agreeing final budgets given the utter incomptence of those in charge at the SPFL

Nearly a week has gone by and nothing from the 'powers that be'. Almost like burying their head in the sand and hope its all forgotten about. Its nothing short of a disgrace really. Nothing new right enough but disappointing all the same.

The powers that be have said that the fixtures wont be changed and there will be no compensation. I don't think they are burying their head in the sand, just saying **** you.

The powers that be have said that the fixtures wont be changed and there will be no compensation. I don't think they are burying their head in the sand, just saying **** you.

Repeating myself I know but the more important issue is will the following season's fixtures reflect this imbalance? This is where I feel the difficulty lies if the SPFL is no doubt playing the luck of the draw card.

The only way we have grounds for action would be if there's something in place that states the SPFL will treat the way the premier league sets it fixtures the exact same way the SPL did. Folk might think that the 3 x OF pre split home games was a tacit agreement but I'm fairly sure it was written in stone. I remember reading an SPL piece of gobbledegook explaining the mechanics of the split and that proviso was part of it.

LIB, have you alerted Maxi to this?

Someone said on Facebook that the promoted club were given the relegated clubs fixtures, which is the norm. If that is the case why didn't the SPFL just say that in the first place?

Of course it was maybe because week 2 fixture was rigged, Mar 17 fixture was rigged and Celtic play Rangers at New Year when they have previously played us!

I see Warburton is now pitching in as they have been given 2 matches against each of Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic before the split

Someone said on Facebook that the promoted club were given the relegated clubs fixtures, which is the norm. If that is the case why didn't the SPFL just say that in the first place? Of course it was maybe because week 2 fixture was rigged, Mar 17 fixture was rigged and Celtic play Rangers at New Year when they have previously played us! I see Warburton is now pitching in as they have been given 2 matches against each of Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic before the split

Was this actually confirmed as being the case for Hearts? There was a suggestion on P&B that it did not reflect a straight swap.

Someone said on Facebook that the promoted club were given the relegated clubs fixtures, which is the norm. If that is the case why didn't the SPFL just say that in the first place?

Of course it was maybe because week 2 fixture was rigged, Mar 17 fixture was rigged and Celtic play Rangers at New Year when they have previously played us!

I see Warburton is now pitching in as they have been given 2 matches against each of Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic before the split

So in that case sevco assume Dundee United's fixtures. As Dundee FC and United were not both drawn at home in virtually any weekend then it's logical to assume the sevco won't have home games coinciding with Dundee's. In fact there's six occasions both are at home before Xmas.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure I can agree with you there, LIB.

I suppose it might help if you've got small kids, or are preparing for a big Xmas dinner, but an evening KO increases the chance of below zero temperatures (late cancellation of the game?) and more difficult driving conditions on the A9, together with a very late return home.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I can agree with you there, LIB.

I suppose it might help if you've got small kids, or are preparing for a big Xmas dinner, but an evening KO increases the chance of below zero temperatures (late cancellation of the game?) and more difficult driving conditions on the A9, together with a very late return home.

I'm not sure I agree with myself either :)

I'd somehow got it into my mind the original fixture wasn't a Saturday, so just thought bringing it forward a day was sensible. I'd imagine either date more or less ruled out public transport and of course driving up and down the A9, at that time of year, is far more advisable during the day. I'd imagine the fixture change suits the home side tho' it won't matter to the attendance County post, which will be 3277.