Liam Lindsay

stuart_adam

Was informed by someone reliable that Celtic had a scout at Firhill yesterday to watch Liam Lindsay. Been told by them that he is of interest to them.

Was he sitting beside Paul Pogba?

In all seriousness, I don't think Lindsay will be of interest to Celtic, he isn't 16/17 and hasn't been a stand out performer (yet). However, I wouldn't be surprised if they are checking him out. We would be due a decent fee but him moving would leave us ridiculously lacking defensively. Perhaps cash and a player our way would be offered.

I don't understand what having a good game against Queen's Park would prove? I don't rate the player and as said before he looked very shakey at times and that was against opposition 2 leagues below us.

Today's Q & A

Supporter- "Archie, who do you reckon is the most improved player at the Club?"

Archie- "Liam Lindsay"

• Like 1

Mr Garter.

Football is all about opinions. You will be proved to be talking garbage.

Lindsay is set to be a Very good player for Thistle. And extremely important this season considering our meagre resources.

You say football is all about opinions and then follow it up with how my opinion is garbage. It did make me laugh though.

As a thistle fan who goes home and away to all the games I hope I am proved wrong and I hope Lindsay turns out to be a cracking player but from what I have seen I think my opinion is valid. Too many times he is pulled out of position and chases the ball leaving a load of room for the attackers of the opposition. I know that he is young and will learn from his mistake so I think this will be a big season for him.

• Like 1

I don't get some of the negativity towards Lindsay. He's currently an excellent centre half with years in front of him to get better. Yes, he makes mistakes, but they're down to lack of experience, not lack of ability. It doesn't surprise me that Celtic are interested - we've a very good young player on our hands and we should make the most of that while we still have him.

Times like this make me wish there was Internet forums around in the 60s and 70s

What would folk have written about Alan Hansen, or Denis McQuade, or Alan Rough! Legends now, but I bet Stadtler and Waldorf who sit near me in the JHS would've ripped into them week after week. They'd deny it now, of course.

In short - give the wee (big) guy a break. I could write a very long list of experienced centre backs we've had who would be waaaay behind Liam in the pecking order.

• Like 1

Liam Lindsay has all the attributes to develop into a very good centre half, I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the club a decent wedge at some point. He's got two ideal mentors at the moment in Archie and Shaggy coupled with regular first team football at this level so he's well placed to kick on. Agree this is could be a big season for him. If he does continue to improve he won't be far away from some U21 national squad.

• Like 2

It's a big season for him and I think he has every chance of becoming a top class centre half.

He's aided by the fact that currently, there's a real lack of quality centre halves at every level of the professional game. He could easily find himself in the international set up down the line.

It's a big season for him and I think he has every chance of becoming a top class centre half.

He's aided by the fact that currently, there's a real lack of quality centre halves at every level of the professional game. He could easily find himself in the international set up down the line.

Agree with this however he will only get into international set up if he moves to one of the ugly sisters, if he stays with with us he will be overlooked by an OF development squad player.

I'm not surprised in the least that other clubs are taking a look: Liam's 20, is already playing to a good standard and is only going to get better. He makes the occasional mistake, as 20 year-olds tend to do, but will learn from them, as Archie's comments suggest. I just hope we get another couple of season's out of him before he moves to a bigger club.

• 3 weeks later...