Aitken Suite & Hospitality

Fawlty Towers

Before I got involved with the half time draw I would go to the Aitken Suite for a drink (soft of course) before the game and would go to hosptality at least once during the season. Doing the half time draw means that I have not done either for a few seasons and I am interested to hear from people who do what their thoughts are on these areas.

The reason I ask is firstly I can't see it for myself like other aspects of matchday and secondly they are both income streams for the club which if maximised can help increase the money Archie gets to put the best possible team on the pitch for us so any feedback/suggestions (which I am sure the club will get either directly or indirectly) would be good.

Is the half time draw sold in the Aitken Suite or Alan Rough or is it only available on the walk up?

Also is it available for away fans to buy?

Can it be made available online for fans unable to make the game or Nomads?

Sorry for taking so long to reply but I was waiting to see if there would be any further people commenting on the Aitken Suite or Hospitality.

We don't sell in the Aitken Suite as that is when folk are still in pre match mode and probably don't want to be hassled for want of a better word. Also with the location of our sellers anyone coming from there has to pass a seller to get inside the stadium. In Hospitality they do have their own draw.

At the moment we don't sell to away fans simply due to a lack of numbers within the volunteers. Also, apart from a few teams, the away support is not really big enough that it would make a significant difference to what we raise.

There would be a few things that would need to be looked at in terms of selling to fans not at the game - how they make payment, making sure that they have a ticket in the draw, etc. It is something we can look at though.

Edited by Fawlty Towers
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From a picture on twitter it looked as if the Aitken Suite was quite busy today - was that because local pubs were taking a different approach to admission today because of the Celtic v Rangers game or has it been getting more use this season?

Anyone been to hospitality this season and if so how has it been?

I was at Hospitality today and also for Hearts game. Today was only 8 tables so circa 80 people, they blocked off the top so it looked OK. Hearts game was pretty much full, probably 16 or 18 tables. En Croute are back to do the food which is a big improvement , 2 course meal , main and sweet. a decent vegetarian option for main course. Staff are very pleasant plus Michael Max is a good MC.

It is certainly not as busy as few years ago and the tables are mainly taken by club sponsors, a few guys on their own, HT pie and tea most welcome and always good to get MOM over to present to mascots. Also give opinion on the match. all in all a good day out but today was very flat after the teams poor performance.

Hope this helps.

AJ

Took in the hospitality yesterday for first time since Dunfermline title party few years back. Thought the food was tasty and nicely presented and as above the mini pies were welcome at ht. First time I have done Robert Reid's boardroom banter as previously the tour, such a gent who you could listen to for hours. En croute staff were friendly and helpful and all seemed well organised (unlike the players). Only minor irritant was having OF game showing on screens and one of the tables cheering a bit when goals went in. Special mention also to Alex the Commercial manager who went above and beyond to make sure everyone was having a good day.

Motm ceremony was as expected a bit flat and Ziggy couldn't wait to get out of there after performing his official duties, he did seem to mention grass on pitch being a bit longer affecting our passing game and how if we won we would have been 5th etc but probably just clutching at straws to save a bit of face.

Overall would recommend and if you like your alcohol to numb the pain of watching matches like that then the all inclusive drinks package is worth the extra £20.

Thanks for that feedback guys. So it looks like the hospitality is of a good standard and reasonably priced but getting the numbers up is an issue. Is it because of people's financial situation, hospitality in the current format maybe being a bit too formal or something else?

Agree about Alex and I think that when you see the additional advertising around the stadium and games like yesterday's having a match sponsor you can see the difference he is making.

Alex is a good guy and going out of his way.

I used to take a lot of hospitality when we were down the divisions. He is the first person since Mandy Stark trying to look after people.

My comments would be that it was an ace day out, but I think the food is not at the standard of some of our peer clubs.

I am taking folk to Celtic too, but I prefer sitting in North Stand and relaxing though hospitality is a nice treat, Alex does make you want to help him out though.

I think one thing to keep in mind is that to get a table of 10, I needed to invite 19! So, its not that easy to fill places!!!!