Live Streaming From Firhill

Muscat Jag

Only caught bits and pieces of the half-time interview at Pittodrie yesterday; I missed the start but assume it was Ian Maxwell. Anyway it was mentioned that pretty soon details would be given on the website of a package for Nomads outside the UK to get streaming of live home matches.

Did anyone catch the full interview and expand a little on this?

It was Graham McRoberts from the media dept.

From memory of yesterday's interview;

Jagzone, which will be launched in the next week or two, will have a standard media package (£5.99/month) and a Nomad package (£12.99/month). The Nomad package will include live streaming of matches from Firhill. This is only available to those outside the UK. It will also be possible to purchase single games (£4.99 each).

Video and audio equipment is being upgraded. Video streaming will be more than one camera. Audio commentary team will have new microphones to improve audio quality. Audio commentary will be extended, starting 30 mins before kick off, and will be able to broadcast recorded material (interviews etc.). Not sure about this but I think the audio commentary will be used for the video stream.

It all sounds great. Hope the club can pull it off.

Jagzone

There are days, good days and sometimes, but not often, great days.

Today is a great day!

For quite a few years now I have been doing what I can to promote the Nomads of this world of ours to bring us ever closer to all things Thistle.

The Club has clearly been making great strides recently in enabling us all to tune into what is going on at Firhill. Jagzone is a huge leap forward in completing this long Nomad journey – We are no longer lost out there around the globe. Instead Jagzone will enable us to “Be There” when the team run out onto the Firhill turf. Yep, I am excited.

The Official Club website has news bulletins of this initiative, so keep an eye out as this firms up!

Here is what I have learned from contact with the set up team.

There will be two packages of Jagzone - Worldzone and Standard.

- WORLDZONE Annual sub £155.88; £12.99/month (for NOMADs outside the UK and Ireland)

Jagzone World is yet to be finalised but the main elements they hope will be included are:

• LIVE streaming, hopefully in HD, of all first team matches played at Firhill Stadium. For the first time ever, it means NOMADS will be able to follow all the action from Jags games at Firhill. We had a couple of closed trials towards the end of last season and it looked great and it will only get better over time.

• Improved Audio Commentary. (linked to the live stream) We're upgrading our equipment for the audio commentary and will be introducing Jagzone LIVE - our new audio commentary service. With new technology now available, the show will begin 30 minutes before kick off and will bring you all the build up from Firhill. It will feature exclusive audio content from behind the scenes at Firhill with a guest on each show so that Jags fans from around the globe will be able to hear the thoughts of playing staff throughout the season.

• Home match programmes. A feature that is still to be confirmed, but we are hopeful that Jagzone World subscribers would receive an on-line matchday programme from all home fixtures to read and enjoy in the build up to kick off.

• All elements of the Standard package below.

• NOTE: There is also the option for a Pay Per View option, which would only give you the live stream from Firhill, for £4.99 a match.

- STANDARD (Annual sub £71.88; £5.99/month for Thistle supporters in the UK and Ireland)

• Full game replays including the audio team’s commentary. For the first time, Thistle fans will be able to enjoy full game replays of every competitive first team fixture. SPFL media restrictions mean that these can't be uploaded until 10pm (Firhill Time) on a Saturday, but these high quality replays will ensure that Jags fans can watch every minute of action from the season ahead.

• Extended match highlights. We have increased our highlights package this season and each game, so far, has had around 10 minutes of highlights for Jags fans to enjoy after the game. Again due to media restrictions these will only be available from midnight following a Jags game.

• All video content. Access to all Jagzone video content which includes, but isn't limited to, pre and post match reaction videos. Development League coverage. Thistle Weir Youth Academy footage. Behind the scenes interviews with coaching staff.

• For AWAY fixtures, Jagzone subscribers would be able to enjoy Jagzone LIVE audio commentary, starting 30 minutes before kick off and concluding shortly after the full time whistle ( For away matches Thistle are unable to offer live match streaming. This is due to various factors which range from space in opposition gantries to reliability of the opposing clubs WiFi. Firhill will be cabled up specifically to give us the capability of streaming home fixtures. )

The monthly fee works in the same way you would subscribe to a product like Netflix, Spotify or Amazon Prime. It is a recurring payment taken once a month to cover the annual costs in providing this service which will have interest during the close season too!

Travelling Nomads can mix and match to get the best service. Here’s an example. When I am in the Florida next I will use Worldzone to watch the Jags at 10am on Saturdays. When I get home I’ll need to revert to Standard and enjoy either the highlights at 10pm or get more beer in for the full game replay into Sunday morning.

Graham Roberts from the Club is a “Hon Member” of our Nomad Facebook Group and has volunteered to answer any of your questions.

Here is my pitch. We have worked hard and waited a long time for this. It is the reason our Facebook Group and indeed our sub-forum here were formed. It will succeed or fail depending on YOUR actions in participating. We need to get our subs rolling into Firhill to make this thing fly. We have this one chance to seize the day. The Club will be monitoring take up of this fantastic offer to us and other Thistle fans to ensure success,

I will subscribe to this. Will you? Add your name to this thread let me know how take up from us goes.

Make your day great, Nomads!!

Nomads, just crazy about the Jags!!

• Like 1

Great initiative, and long overdue!!

One question for clarification please - what does a Nomad get for £12.99 during the close season?

Not sure that this is correct Barney but in the Audio Commentary interview on Saturday, I think Graham McRoberts said that an annual subscription was ten payments. Presumably then, no payments during the short closed season. I haven't seen that reported elsewhere, so I could be wrong.

Great initiative, and long overdue!!

One question for clarification please - what does a Nomad get for £12.99 during the close season?

Not sure that this is correct Barney but in the Audio Commentary interview on Saturday, I think Graham McRoberts said that an annual subscription was ten payments. Presumably then, no payments during the short closed season. I haven't seen that reported elsewhere, so I could be wrong.

Had a good look around Jagzone and there is no suggestion that what I posted is true. In fact, in my billing information it states "Subscription ends: When cancelled".

I suppose you could cancel at the end of the season and start again for the new season.

Yes, I managed to read all of the words - even the big ones! :borat:

I live near Barcelona, so should be far enough away.

Sorry GPT, just that I saw your location as Glasgow.

Saturday's just got a whole lot better. Big thanks to Shuggie who has been pushing for this for years now.

Not really travelling as much now. When I do its off-shore. Going to see less games than you now Muscat Jag :(

Not really sure about the UK based content. Pity they can,t offer the HD streaming in the UK as well. I know its an SPL rule but if your someone like Shug down in South Britain it would still be a real earner for the club.

Not really sure how mixing a matching will work if its a standard monthly fee. Can you pay per game? Did I miss that bit.

Still its a massive leap forward. Echo Muscat Jag...Well done Shug for all your efforts :clapping:

Think you should put this thread on the Main Forum too and trumpet this as much as possible.

Edited by topcat

Yes TC, I believe you can pay for individual matches. Think its under a fiver??? There is already a thread on the new website (which is excellent) and Jagzone in the Main Forum.

I also believe that the games will be available in the UK on a delayed basis. I've heard that this will be available around 10pm (this needs to be confirmed). So what the likes of Shuggie need to do is lock themselves in a cupboard at 3pm sharp. Then jump put out a 10pm and watch the match. This way they can get the excitement of live football while the rest of us are drowning our sorrows.

Do you generally get access to decent internet off-shore?

Sorry GPT, just that I saw your location as Glasgow.

Saturday's just got a whole lot better. Big thanks to Shuggie who has been pushing for this for years now.

No worries!

Looking forward to it & if it all works well, I'll be absolutely delighted.

Anyone else going to try to recreate Firhill in their home?

I'm going to train the wife to yell 'get it up the park' when we're enjoying possession, my daughter to serve me a pie that is hotter than the sun on the outside & stone cold inside - and I'll have 'Congratulations' by Sir Cliff cued up on the iPod just in case...

And She thought She'd escaped... :clapping:

• Members
It's definitely 10 payments. Check the Maths above in Shug's original post.

• Members

Just wanted to pop in here and say well done to all of you in the Nomads, particularly Shuggie for getting you all together in the first place, to encourage the Club to bring this to you. From match broadcasts via mobile to this is no more than your dedication deserves for getting a good deal for you and your fellow far flung Jags. May all your streamed broadcasts be perfect and feature Jags wins!!!

It's definitely 10 payments. Check the Maths above in Shug's original post.

Look again lads. IMO The packages ideally should be considered as an annual "online season ticket" with the annual costs paid over the 12 months. We get great value around games home (video) and away (commentary) and the other pre and post game stuff. We also get info etc during the Close season too. I hope that folk continue their subscriptions unbroken for many happy years to come. Incoming cash can only help our Club.