Pitch Condition.

topcat

Wish they would fix the "N" too!

http://postimg.org/i...bzp79/74d40964/

How long's it been like that. I'm not the most observant of creatures but did notice it on Tuesday night.

Re the pitch, chances are we won't get such sustained rainfall as we did last season. If the drainage is even marginally better we may not have a problem. Like others I do think it kinda worrying it's looking the way it is. Mind tho' in other seasons it's looked great at this time of year only to be a real concern a few months later.

Club are going to be actively working on a solution to fix the problem they have with the pigeons in the stadium.

Wonder if they could do the same with the seasonal wasp invasion that was evident in the NS on Saturday.....lol. Could be that they were attracted by the manure stench from that end! Annoying little feckers!

Edited by Lindau

Well from where I sit in the North Stand the pitch looks excellent, however at the game last night I was sitting in the padded seats in the JHS and there is a very noticeable bare, brown patch at the dodgy end of the city end. After all the money spent on the pitch, have to say that was disappointing to see. Hope it doesn't cause us the usual problems in the wet winter months!

I'm not an expert on pitch renovation work, but I have noticed when passing on the train regularly that Glasgow warriors new playing surface at scotstoun looks to have been done to a very

high professional standard which leads me to think that you only get what you pay for.

theestle, on 29 August 2016 - 09:16

Hello Metz - I regular pay £52 to get me and my 2 kids entry to Firhill.on Surely that allows me to criticise the grey seats. I thought this thread developed about the general condition of the stadium I could critisice a lot more if you want.

If you are a regular contributing Jags fan in my opinion you can criticise what you want. Given the progress in the running of the club it seems odd to me that some will criticise the oddest of things. If you are paying £52 per game then well done for paying for your kids when they could go free as a suggestion buy a season ticket for you and them and the club will be able to budget your expenditure. If you are likely to pay more than the value of a season ticket buy two again the club will be able to budget your preferred expense.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't see the area from the NS on Saturday but at the game last night the dodgy bit at the city end appears to have been repaired. Looking very green now, albeit a different shade of green from the surrounding area's. Massive improvement!

Still think the pitch is a bit sticky. Could well be down to protecting a new surface but certainly looks a lot better. Also both on Saturday and last night games were being played after a period of sustained rainfall. Seen no signs of surface water either on the playing surface or around it.