Partick Thistle Vs St. Johnstone - Saturday 10 September

jagfox

After last season we are probably due a defeat off them but you never know - must be near the 45th anniversary of the 5-3 quarter final seeing how there is talk of a rather pointless 140 anniversary elsewhere.

Given our record against them at McDairmid prior to last season, I think we are probably due at least a decade of dominance over them at Firhill.

Possibly a couple of changes to the starting line-up. We've been playing okay and the performance vs Hearts was promising and hopefully we will follow up with a win. Here's my shot in the dark at the line-up.

Cerny

Gordon Devine Lindsay Booth

Osman Barton

Amoo Edwards Erskine

Doolan

I reckon Barton will be deployed in defence initially. I suspect the line-up will be close to this:

Cerny

Gordon Devine Barton Booth

Osman Welsh

Amoo Erskine Lawless

Azeez

Erskine is much more effective playing through the middle, so I suspect Archie will place him there rather than on the wing, where he was for the first half of the Hearts match. I also think Azeez has done enough to retain his place.

How do I get one of these fan cards ? What's the advantage of having one ? How much are they ?

Just go to the tickets link via the OS or type www.ptfctickets.co.uk in your browser.

The card is free if you collect it from the club office. It saves you £2 per home game and allows you to buy some away games in advance (Hearts springs to mind). I got my 'seat' for the North Stand but also allows direct entry to the JHS. You can also buy games in advance. You can also purcase more than one card if you sometimes go with a family member/ friend or random workmate you've dragged along ;)

I like it as once you've got your card you just top up over the Internet withkut any postage charges. Just remember to click the box for your seat before making your selection otherwise it may not work and you'll have a paper ticket waiting for you in the ticket office!

Edited by jagfox

Seriously though, anyone worried that game will be on??

Raining quite heavily just now in Glasgow- confident of new pitch!!???

No. The sun is currently splitting the trees and it hasn't rained since around midnight. Try typing Met Office Glasgow into a search engine in case you have any future weather worries ;)

Edited by jagfox

I am beyond excited as it is now just seven sleeps until I see my fourth ever Thistle game live.

So it would suit me (and my poor ten year old who is now a Jags supporter) if we won tonight so that next weeks game isn't a stress filled relegation six pointer.

If we play as well as we did last week, against poorer opposition, I'd be confident we'll carve out a lot more chances. Hopefully they fall to Dools.

Rather harsh! Azeez and Erskine both playing really well and creating chances. Doolan and Lawless not quite got shooting boots on.

Fullbacks both need to up their game. Still hopeful.

Not harsh at all - Erskine and possibly Azeez apart it was shocking.

And Gordon clearly has ideas above his station.

Edited by Charlie Endell