Partick Thistle Vs St. Johnstone - Saturday 10 September

jagfox

Just in - really shocking!! Gordon mom?? you're having a laugh.

Yet again Lawless stays on for 90 mins!!!

Edwards should have started, why Azeez off at half time??

No pass marks at all today, thing is Saints were rank rotten too!!

Top 6?? forget it, bottom 2 - very likely on that showing.

Thanks for ruining Sat. night Jags.

Gutless performance, defensively a joke. Players looked dead on their feet after barely an hour. St Johnstone barely out of second gear. If we play like that much more often we are finishing dead last in this league.

Cerny's injury a direct result of the frailties of our centre half pairing. He should never have had to come for it in the first place. Lindsay caught napping. Devine's positional awareness and general laziness on the ball in the first half especially could and should have been more exposed.

Booth got done a riddy several times and this time didn't have the excuse that he was up against a Scotland squad right-back. Gordon's decision-making especially at throw-ins was bizarre, often directly exposing Devine to danger in his own half.

Osman was anonymous. Welsh was doing his usual forgetting the opposition try to take the ball off you routine. Erskine was anonymous, Lawless was too easily muscled out the game. Azeez seemed to cause problems until he had to be subbed, one assumes for an injury. Doolan was marked out the game far too easily.

The one bright spot for me was that Edwards had a good game when he came on, coming closest to actually troubling the keeper all game. He tracked back deep but importantly actually ran at them when he had the ball.

Scully didn't seem to make any obvious howlers defensively but his distribution was poor. Amoo was anonymous when he came on. By the third sub you really felt the shape of the team had totally disintegrated beyond the standard back 4.

Disappointed in the context of this game not to see Barton get any game time. We were outmuscled and second to most balls against a seriously mediocre team.

The marking for the first goal was *shocking* but it was very well taken from that tight angle.

From what I've seen of Gordon this season I've been disappointed. His decision-making leaves a bit to be desired and he doesn't offer the pace or crossing threat of his predecessors. I don't know if it's that he's beside a less experienced full back pairing but he doesn't look as good at covering defensively as Gary Miller either.

What a statement by the manager, spend money on a player for the first time in years, give him a three year contract and the tell him he can"t get on park ahead of Welsh or Lawless!!!!!!

This is relegation stuff already a bad team with no effort or brains and not much hope of getting any better.

• Like 1

OK - I'll do it.

Cerny will be out for a while - there's a clear issue there, so let's admit it.

Gordon - getting found out as not good enough as the season progresses.

Devine and Lindsay - nowhere near as good as Frans and Seaborne - as proved by the results to date.

Booth - denying him a proper recovery from his injury has stopped him being the excellent full back that he is.

And do not get me started on Kris Doolan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Perhaps a reality check is required for a few posters. Yes that was as bad as I have witnessed since we came back up, but we beat ICT and were very unlucky not to take something from Aberdeen and Hearts in our other two games, so for people to say we are relegation material is perhaps, at the very least, a bit premature. Agreed it was dreadful today. Absolutely astonished that the Hearts team was changed to accommodate Welsh and not Barton. Fitness couldn't be an issue as he has been a regular for Portsmouth. He must have sat there today and thought "what have I done" Ziggy Gordon being MOTM was hysterical. He was absolutely shocking as was Calum Booth. You could go through the whole team with the exception of Ade Azeez and Ryan Edwards and not give any player any more than a 3 out of 10. Again astonished that Azeez was the player sacrificed at half time. The players were dreadful today and the manager with his team selection and subs has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame as well. Let's hope that was a one off, if it's not, agreed, it's gonna be a long season.

OK - I'll do it.

Cerny will be out for a while - there's a clear issue there, so let's admit it.

Gordon - getting found out as not good enough as the season progresses.

Devine and Lindsay - nowhere near as good as Frans and Seaborne - as proved by the results to date.

Booth - denying him a proper recovery from his injury has stopped him being the excellent full back that he is.

Can't disagree with any of that. We had an excellent defence last season and I was amazed that a lot of people weren't fazed by Miller, Frans and Seaborne all leaving. At the moment the Lindsay and Devine partnership has not improved that with the worry being we have no real cover except for a defensive midfielder who has made it clear that's where he wants to play.

Gordon and Booth have been poor this season so far!

Edited by Lindau

I"ll not Labour the point by saying that wis was a poor performance. We played not too badly until St Johnstone scored and then the heads went down. From my vantage point in the NS looked a soft goal to loose arising from a steam ash in the box. Second goal was equally poorly defended, if the boy scoring did take it very well. Can't really add much to what's been said already. We can only hope for a big improvement next week or its back to panicking again!

Had been trying to avoid the table tonight - but let's face it if that is true then it is not good enough.

Let's remember where we were after 9/10 games last season and we were one goal away from the top 6. Long, long way to go, but no excuses about today. It was dreadful. Lack of effort from the whole team, except Azeez and Edwards is the thing that worries me most

When we are bad, we are bad in exactly the same way every time.

Archies obbsesion with playing the ball from wing to wing is a tired tactic easily dealt with when we play at a slow passing tempo.Virtually nothing going through the middle We reverted to the complete faiure of Dools standing between two defenders trying to get onto a big high floaty cross. It's a waste of time.

Poor team selection , substitutions and Tactics from Archie today.

To play the system we do we have to move the ball quickly and not be taking four or five touches when one or two will do.Welsh should have been hooked after thirty min, honestly dont know how he started the gamewith Edwards and Barton on the bench.

No vocal presense at the back either,Devine and Lindsay are way too quiet.Throw Scully starting and we are in trouble. Too many Players in the comfort zone there after signing contracts.

Some real blatently obvious failings in our game today that should have been dealt with by the manager and weren't and a lethargic lazy performance from the players is spelling real trouble.

How many times last season did we moan about lack of an attacking threat through the middle and today we reverted back to thaand were beaten by a ST johnstone side that were no more than organised.

Very dissapointed in the players an manager today.

• Like 1

Let's remember where we were after 9/10 games last season and we were one goal away from the top 6. Long, long way to go, but no excuses about today. It was dreadful. Lack of effort from the whole team, except Azeez and Edwards is the thing that worries me most

Yes I know, Lindau.

I vividly remember our e-mail spat last year round about this time, and I do believe Archie will deliver.

He has done so much to bring the club forward since he became manager, but why do we always gave to come from miles behind in a season?

On an aside, where the hell was Adam Barton today?

• Like 1

Well that was absolutely dire. Not one player got pass marks today and as soon as the first went in not one thistle player looked interested.

Cerny - chocolate ankles and when he is always gonna have these issues to have Scully as a back up is worrying

Gordon - or as he wants to be known "The Superstar". If he thinks he's bigger and better than thistle then he must have the same agent as balatoni

Lindsay - has no confidence what so ever and wants to get rid of the ball as quickly as he gets it. Caught out of position again and again and decision making is hopeless. But he's still only young right...??? Yawn!

Devine - not good enough. Slow and again decision making is poor.

Booth - can't seem to do anything right this season. Had the ball in a promising area several times today and lost it to easy everytime

Osman - doesn't seem to be up to speed yet and caught out a few times

Welsh - gave the ball away to often. Didn't hide right enough.

Lawless - tried to work the ball on the deck but seemed to hide a lot and like other weeks it's strange how he managed to stay on the park

Erskine - feel sorry for him cos he was the only player that seemed to care. Made good runs and had good control but a few times final pass was poor

Azeez - big and strong but lacks composure and doesn't know what to do with his final ball. Was surprised to see him hooked at ht

Doolan - one of the worst games Iv seem him play. Didn't win anything all day and wasn't a threat from the first whistle. Very very poor and far to lightweight.

Scully - didn't have anything to do and can't really be blamed for the goal.

Edwards - can be blamed for the goal. Gave the ball away too easy. Runs about a lot but that's really it.

Archie - *shakes head*

Edited by clarencegarter

was really looking forward to the game today

started off not too badly then we lost the first goal after that downhill

others have already posted on barton signed 3 year deal has been playing most games this season so we asume he is match fit

last game against hearts osman and edwards played in midfield and both played well

welsh comes back after suspension and goes straight into the team

today edwards came on second half and started taking the game to the opposition he was my mom

he must start next wek

azeez was taken off i don't know why, thought he was doing ok thought doolan should have been subbed

barton must also start next week probably replacing one of our centre backs

i strongly feel archie has got to look at his team formation and tactics so so predictable

this lacklustre display from the players is becoming par for the course this season

still feel that booth is not match fit

and for ziggy (who i rate) i think he should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his game for the rest of the season

really really disappointed on that display today which in turn will not bring the punters through the gates

Azeez man of the match for me

Erskine at least tried

The rest were poor

Lawless and booth have seriously regressed from last season

Abdul has regressed worst of all absolutely atrocious and deserves to be dropped

Gordon believes his own hype don't think anyone else will apart from someone clearly drunk who gave him man of the match

• Like 1

Yes I know, Lindau.

I vividly remember our e-mail spat last year round about this time, and I do believe Archie will deliver.

He has done so much to bring the club forward since he became manager, but why do we always gave to come from miles behind in a season?

On an aside, where the hell was Adam Barton today?

On the bench. Honestly I couldn't believe that Welsh walked straight back into the team after the way Edwards played in the last game and if facts are to be believed we have signed, for a not insignificant amount of money and on a three year contract, a player that clearly plays in Sean's position. Some bizarre stuff today from Archie. Aside from that, the amount of injuries that very important players are getting as well, is causing major problems!