Motherwell 24/09/16

Lindau

These are the type of games we must win, but I can't help feeling worried about our brittle defence against McDonald, Cadden and Moult. My brother in law, who is a Motherwell season ticket holder, has told me that they are playing well up front, but are dodgy at the back. Seems like two well matched teams then! Think there could be a few goals in this. Probable only change will be Barton or Welsh coming in for Osman. If Barton doesn't get the nod for this one, he must be thinking why the hell he came up here. Let's hope we can score one more than them!

• Like 1

These are the type of games we must win, but I can't help feeling worried about our brittle defence against McDonald, Cadden and Moult. My brother in law, who is a Motherwell season ticket holder, has told me that they are playing well up front, but are dodgy at the back. Seems like two well matched teams then! Think there could be a few goals in this. Probable only change will be Barton or Welsh coming in for Osman. If Barton doesn't get the nod for this one, he must be thinking why the hell he came up here. Let's hope we can score one more than them!

0-0 or a 1-0 sneaky win for one of us then

If the players dont turn up fir this one we one we can forget any talk of a mid table finish and look forward to another relegation battle. 6 points out the next 3 games is a must, if we take anything of sevco would be remarkable given our recent record against the OF. This weekend though we need to batter them from the start and defend high up the park. Stop giving away shite goals and get doolan on the way to the 100. Maybe the suspension might have given Welsh a deserved kick up the erse, however if Barton isnt a better player than him then id be starting to wonder why we signed him

I'm hoping for a good game with a few goals spread around. Hopefully we end up with one more than the Steelmen. I feel this will be a close affair and wouldn't be too surprised to see another 2-2 come fulltime.

Scully will rightly keep his place so I hope he and his team mates can stop us losing another two goals. Would be good to see Doolan and/ or Azeez get amongst the goals to boost their confidence as I feel both are working hard off the ball.

If we can get everyone playing towards their best form we'll be in with a shout of all three points.

Scully

Gordon Devine Lyndsay Booth

Welsh© Barton

Amoo Erskine Lawless

Doolan

Keep things tight in the middle of the park and this will allow the fullbacks to support the front four.

Edwards won't be dropped after Saturday's performance. He doesn't deserve it.

I agree tho' I worry a bit about his tackling. Tends to lunge in kinda like Bannigan earlier in his career. On the plus side Edwards brings more urgency to the side. Reminds me of the Craigen/Stevenson thingy a season or so ago. Stevenson brought more skill and awareness to the side but the pace dropped off alarmingly. Not that I'm saying that Edwards isn't a skillful player but it's his energy that impresses me most.