Fixture Date And Time Changes

elevenone

Aberdeen at home Friday 4th November 7.45ko

Rangers home on Saturday 26th November now a 12.15pm ko

Celtic home on Friday 9th December ko 7.45pm

After the fixture farce of old firm only once at Firhill and Ross County at Xmas, nice to see the clowns running the game yet again think Aberdeen on a Friday night is a good idea. That will be another hit in the pocket I'm sure for the club.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think it mentioned anywhere else but our scheduled hot summer's day fixture, away to Celtic, will now be played on Tues 20th Dec (7.45pm ko). Methinks the new water break/hydration rule is unlikely to be enforced.

eta three away games in 6 days (Hearts Sat 17th/Celtic Tues 20th/County Fri 23rd)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Who the hell agreed to that date?

It gives Thistle 7 games in December, 4 of them away.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Totally agree with Red Square!!

August and September. Relaxed summer and early autumnal days. Good pitches. Ideal for playing and watching football. Your team trying to bed itself in and pick up consistent form.

What do we get? Stop start, hardly two games in consecutive weeks.

Week running up to Christmas. Busy and expensive family time and perhaps trying to finish at work for a holiday. Waterlogged and frozen pitches and supporters. Risk of injury. Difficult travel conditions.

What do we get? Overload. Three games in a week.

Scottish football does not compute.

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 3

Totally agree with Red Square!!

August and September. Relaxed summer and early autumnal days. Good pitches. Ideal for playing and watching football. Your team trying to bed itself in and pick up consistent form.

What do we get? Stop start,, hardly two games in consecutive weeks.

Week running up to Christmas. Busy and expensive family time and perhaps trying to finish at work for a holiday. Waterlogged and frozen pitches and supporters. Risk of injury. Difficult travel conditions.

What do we get? Overload. Three games in a week.

Scottish football does not compute.

Something more sinister maybees? Which club complained the most about this season's fixtures. The SPFL sanctioned our joint (with County) application to move the Dingwall fixture forward a day. Would we have gone along with that if we knew that we'd be playing Celtic three days earlier? Did the SPFL know at the time that Tues the 20th was a possible/probable date for our rearranged Parkhead fixture?

Apologies for the conspiracy/paranoia more usually associated with a couple of our neighbouring clubs. Clearly Mr Doncaster wouldn't stand for a system that ignores impartiality. I'm sure he treats each member club equally.

• Like 1

And now our game on Hogmanay has been brought forward by an hour. Is that to male sure anyone watching the old filth game on TV can't get to Firhill for KO?

Take your point but at least it means you can get a few pre match pints before the hordes descend on the city. Still have to pick your pub carefully.

Thank God I'm not, but if I was a Killie fan requiring public transport to get to an fro Firhill I might be thinking of giving the game a miss. Many a Jags fan could be deterred as well. This is just another example of a total **** up in this season's fixtures. Why we've another home game coinciding with an ugly sister match is pure daft. Over the years we've been subject to over the top policing requirements at Firhill, largely because we share the city with the OF. But when it comes to the ugly sisters playing each other all commonsense goes out the window. Damage limitation.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Who the hell agreed to that date?

It gives Thistle 7 games in December, 4 of them away.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I got this from a Celtic supporting relative:

"You seen Celtics fixture list for December????? Hardly suiting them to be fair. NINE games in 28 days, five away from home!"

Well I know Celtic chose to postpone our match in August, but these 2 posts show the farce of Scottish football

And now our game on Hogmanay has been brought forward by an hour. Is that to male sure anyone watching the old filth game on TV can't get to Firhill for KO?

Can't see why that would be a big deal. Unless you were thinking of inviting some OF fans to come up to Firhill afterwards. :drink: