Sevco V Jags 01/10/16. The Virgin Meeting Of The Two Clubs!

Lindau

This game is one we really should be looking to win. In no way that I can see, apart from financially are Rangers as a team substantially better than us. In fact, they are more like us than at any time in their short history. Despite the protestations of their supporters this team is a pale imitation of teams that have played at Ibrox in the past. The only thing they have in common is the sectarian bile and attitude that no doubt will be belted out by the Loyal Ibrox faithful on Saturday.

I know we are bottom of the league, but I honestly don't think that's an accurate reflection of our football this season. Saturday afternoon would be the ideal opportunity to get our first away win: if memory serves we're we not bottom when we last beat them at Ibrox last time?

Folk talk about the Old Firm, but quite frankly in absolutely no way are the Currant Buns anywhere near the level of Celtic and so I do not think we should be as negative against them as we would be against Celtic. I believe that would be a huge mistake, as others have said we should certainly be respectful and tight at the back, but our focus should be on what we can do and how we can win. As I'm sure most will find their supporters and the wonderfully neutral media(a certain Mr Johnstone springs to mind for some reason!) will be expecting, if not demanding an easy and a large victory. I think we can make them aware that there really is only one football team in Glasgow!

Will be interesting to see how Archie combats the over lapping runs of Wallace down our right.

He goes inside and outside the right back, so the Ziggy/Devine partnership on the right will be under pressure.

I'd be inclined to move Elliott over to the right if Booth is over his illness. Having Elliott and Amoo's pace on our right would be ideal, especially on the counter when Wallace is stranded up the park.

The way Ziggy has been playing I hope you mean Jock Wallace.

I think Barton, Osman and Edwards will all start. I suspect Archie's idea of his optimum team accommodates both Barton & Abdul in defensive mid while Edwards is the form player in midfield at the moment (particularly up the park a bit).

Not meaning to sound banal but we really need someone to share Abdul's bookings. Osman is never far away from a yellow. Usually correct decisions but just as usual products of inconsistent refereeing. To that extent we miss Bannigan so perhaps Barton playing alongside Osman could at least spread the bookings and avoid suspensions.

Looks to me that either Amoo or Lawless will have to be on the bench. We may have to sacrifice a bit of width so perhaps Amoo misses out as that would give Archie the option of bringing either him on or Christie dependent on how the game is progressing. Elliott doesn't deserve to be dropped but I think Gordon will still be preferred and I'm assuming Booth and Erskine will be fully fit.

Not sure whether we'll start Azeez or Doolan. The reasons to start either are fairly obvious. Perhaps the fact Dools hasn't been scoring of late may swing it in favour of pace and physicality.

I don't want to be negative but I can't help feeling that after Warbutton's moaning about the free kick, we will be on the wrong end of a dodgy decision on Saturday. And does anybody else think that their penalty should only have been a free kick, as Hayes was clearing tugging Wallace's jersey before he got into the box ?

I agree with the earlier post. Id drop lawless and have doolan in with azeez up front. If osman is back fully fit and at his best then i would start him ahead of barton and keep edwards in the middle. We dont have any options to really change things at the back. For what its worth i dont think devine played poorly at all against Motherwell. We really struggled to keep possession from scullys clearances and our midfield seemed to disappear. Whether that was down to tiredness i dont know but we couldnt stop them coming on to us and thats when we are most vulnerable. We cannot allow sevco to do that or we could be in fir a long day. If we play to our strengths then when the opportunity comes to score we need to take them.

• Like 1

After that loss to Aberdeen, the Loaf will have his players fired up. Wouldn't surprise me if we lose a very early goal a la Celtic last season.

Similar to their 0-0 with Ross County at Ibrox after a humilation against Celtic? Intimidating stuff.

Warburton is a charlatan. Give them not an ounce of respect on Saturday, Thistle.

• Like 2

There's a valid enough argument that the balance of the side is upset playing both Lawless and Erskine in their best positions. In fact it's difficult not to agree with that argument. That said I'd still play both on Saturday. I wouldn't for one moment drop Erskine and if Chris wasn't fit Lawless would certainly be in the team.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

You're obviously no follower of the Challenge Cup. They are the current holders of that trophy, which they won after only four attempts.

it's always nice to hear of new teams winning some silverware - i've been down to gretna and to meadowbank stadium the other week and their fans were nice and jolly ... what are the fans of this new team like?