Injuries

Graemei

Thought a thread on it's own might be helpful, seeing as the injury list is getting ridiculous! May save people trawling through various threads to find out anything.

Cerny - Is it foot problems again? Heard someone say potentially January before he is back.

Dumbuya - Achilles tendon, had surgery in June I believe and was estimated about 6 months. Haven't heard any updates since.

Scully - Shoulder dislocated? Anyone heard any news on him, if it is as suspected then it could be months before he returns.

Osman - Not quite sure what the injury is, hoping just a knock, anyone know?

Bannigan - Knee ligament, given surgery only happened in August expecting he might not be back until the very end of the season.

Lawless - Not sure what the issue is but heard last week he was estimated to be out for 6 weeks?

Fraser - Not sure what the injury is, anyone know anything?

Edited by Graemei

From NHS website:

Recovery time. You can stop wearing the sling after a few weeks, but it takes about 12 to 16 weeks to completely recover from a dislocated shoulder. You can usually resume most activities within two weeks, but avoid heavy lifting and playing sports involving shoulder movements for six weeks to three months.

Get well soon Ryan!!

From NHS website:

Recovery time. You can stop wearing the sling after a few weeks, but it takes about 12 to 16 weeks to completely recover from a dislocated shoulder. You can usually resume most activities within two weeks, but avoid heavy lifting and playing sports involving shoulder movements for six weeks to three months.

Get well soon Ryan!!

And so say all of us!

Scully is a big loss. I think his performances have coming on leaps and bounds, and I am glad to be proved wrong. Excellent shot stopper, albeit has a tendency to flap at crosses.

As for the others, it seems we are just riddled with injuries. Them all being long term as well is not helping. Really interested to see what happens with Fraser. Has all the makings of a good player and a shot like a cannon.

Fraser was on the bench at Ibrox and played for the development squad vs Celtic, hasn't been seen since so I think he must have picked up another injury.

Gary was far from 100% when he played for the U20s but just looked rusty. The fact he's not had an outing for the U20s since suggests he's had a setback.

Real bad one for Scully. Just as he's eventually won over his doubters, and when he most likely would've kept his place against a fit Cerny, he gets injured. If the recovery timescales are accurate Ryan looks like he'll return after Tomas. Perhaps Stuckmann will have his contract extended thru necessity, which in turn could marginalise Scully's first team aspirations if the big German is successful. Tough being a goalie.

From NHS website:

Get well soon Ryan!!

I have done both of mine (different incidents). If they managed to get it back in place quickly then the recovery will be quicker. Normal every day stuff you can do (with a bit of pain) after 2 weeks. The problem is streaching above your head. It was months before I could do that, so I don't see Ryan being commanding at crosses for a few months.

Good luck Ryan and I hope that yours is a quick one.

Has Lawless not had groin surgery recently?

Not sure how long recovery is for that one.

Actually pretty quick, so if that is the case 6 weeks and he could be playing again.

Glad to hear Osman is only a dead leg! Bad news about Scully, wish him a speedy recovery. We'll be looking for more goalie cover again...