Doolan 100

BowenBoys

Doolan 100

au7h48.jpg

Kris Doolan has now scored 92 goals for Thistle. It is likely that he will reach the landmark of 100 goals this season.

In anticipation of this feat being achieved, the club have agreed to us holding a presentation, to Kris, of a special trophy in our name.

To secure an invitation to this historic and memorable event and photo opportunity, I am asking for an additional pledge of £25, payable only when number one hundred hits the back of the net.

If you haven't yet pledged £1 per point for all goals this season, at PAWS, you must do so in order to take part in this once in a lifetime event.

In addition to the fine trophy, Kris will be presented with a framed biography of his goalscoring achievement written by The Jukebox Rebel. Copies of the biography will be given to all.

A draw will be made to determine which of us gets to make this historic presentation to Kris.

I am working with the club to coordinate this event. Hopefully there will be more goodies to come.

We are now 21 but there is plenty of room for more. Join us, and Kris, in celebration.

Bowenboy

It occurs to me that I don,t know much about Kris Doolan the man other than his footballing prowess for the Jags. Is he married, have kids, what does he like outside of football (hobbies, interests).

I know that PAWS and the Doolan 100 are fundamentally fundraising for the club but isn,t there a wee bit of room from the take to give a wee a gift with the trophy as well. A family dinner at a good local restaurant or any other good suggestion that the Doolan 100 suggests.

Topcat

Bowenboy

It occurs to me that I don,t know much about Kris Doolan the man other than his footballing prowess for the Jags. Is he married, have kids, what does he like outside of football (hobbies, interests).

I know that PAWS and the Doolan 100 are fundamentally fundraising for the club but isn,t there a wee bit of room from the take to give a wee a gift with the trophy as well. A family dinner at a good local restaurant or any other good suggestion that the Doolan 100 suggests.

Topcat

To be honest tc, I think we are doing enough.

As you say, you and I know little about Kris outside football. That may be the way he wants it to be. I know the club are planning their own celebrations as, I'm sure, are his family, friends and fellow players. Probably best for those that know him better to organise more personalised celebrations.

Kris has a special place in the hearts of Jags fans and I believe that feeling is requited. Therefore it is important, essential even, that there is an award for Kris as momento from the fans. I'm delighted that the award will bear the name of the forum and excited about being present when it is awarded.

Outwith the fundraising aspect of this, I think it would be great if we each, individually, posted a card to Kris with our own reflections on his achievement. How cool to receive a postie sack full of fan mail! A fitting tribute. Pass it on to all Jags and let's make it happen.

Add me to the "Doolan 100" please.

I hope that the presentation will be video recorded!

I'm aware that some contributors have a long way to travel for this. For some it may be too far.

Nearer the time, I will consult with those who are hoping to travel to try to find a suitable date. If the hundredth goal happens towards the end of the season then we will be limited. I haven't yet talked with the club about these details. Their views may well have an affect too. Will try my best to accommodate as many as possible.

Clearly, there will be at least one who can't make it. There will be a video of the presentation. I have not approached anyone yet about doing it. Would be nice to keep it in the family. I'm sure there's someone who posts videos of goals on this very forum...

Also plan to ask Kris to say a few personalised words to camera for absentees.

Again, I have to say that all this has to be agreed with the club.

Or alternatively at Hampden during the Scottish Cup Final.

Can't make my mind up about that. The final is a long time away off for Dools only to have scored a handful of goals by then but I suppose to reach the final we must have found other goalscorers. Asking far too much of Kris but I'd like to see him score No 100 on the 26th of this month. :D

• Like 1