Doolan 100

BowenBoys

I'm not taking orders just now. I really want to know if there's a consensus that it's a good idea.

Going to send a catch up email to the club. I will mention it but I'm sure the shop will have a deal with the nice man from TTL that excludes such things.

I'm sure I could sell them in the street outside Firhill and get them on ebay. Also, there are lots of mouths on here to spread the word :).

"To get 100 made in the UK would cost £400. Plus £20 delivery, plus VAT. Total outlay of £504 (£5.04 each)"

I'm surprised at how cheap that is. Is there any reason why some old classic scarf designs couldn't be revived? I'm thinking of the old black scarves with thin pairs of R&Y lines, or those lines and a Thistle interspersed between the pairs. I've actually got one of each, in a box in a loft.

No idea why the font size changed!

Edited by Jaggernaut

"To get 100 made in the UK would cost £400. Plus £20 delivery, plus VAT. Total outlay of £504 (£5.04 each)"

I'm surprised at how cheap that is. Is there any reason why some old classic scarf designs couldn't be revived? I'm thinking of the old black scarves with thin pairs of R&Y lines, or those lines and a Thistle interspersed between the pairs. I've actually got one of each, in a box in a loft.

No idea why the font size changed!

They are even cheaper if sourced from China. I have been offered them for $2.70 each including delivery if I order 100. Not prepared to take a chance on that though.

The UK company I'm dealing with are going to produce some designs based on the image I sent them. They have much more experience than me (i.e. more than none), so I'll see what they come up with.

• Like 2

This should keep us right BB...

... a daretodoolan.co.uk rip-off!

;)

9s3qko.jpg

"League" here is by my usual (and the popular) definition of the term, i.e. the national-level League fixtures played in the SFL, the SPL and the SPFL, with play-offs excluded from the tallies.

Goals disclaimer...

an extract from a top-secret collaborative project which I’m currently working on ...

Goals

We have a handle on more than 11,000 goals for Partick Thistle and we know where they come from, one by one. Alas, the more we know, the harder it is to make accreditations which are wholly satisfactory. Named scorers often varied between newspapers – especially in matches played in the poor light of muddy Scottish winters, exacerbated by the fact that players had no shirt numbers until the late 40s. However, we made a resolve not to shirk the issue, and set about the task with two guiding principles; that the truth trumps all officialdom (even referee match reports!) and that a common sense approach is applied as to which account is more likely in each individual circumstance. Whilst consensus between newspaper accounts usually prevails, nothing beats video evidence (as per Danny Kellachan’s goal vs Celtic in ’75) or an extra-compelling anecdote. We shall forever be grateful to intrepid reporters such as he who wrote in the Sunday Post of December 19, 1920:

“There was not a single one of the 10,000 crowd at Firhill who could tell who scored Partick Thistle’s opening goal against Dundee. In the dense fog it was impossible to follow the play, and the frost-bound pitch made it a trying ordeal for the players. At the close of the game I asked referee Humphries, of Greenock, who scored the goal for the Jags. According to the official, it was a Dundee back, who kicked the ball from the corner kick on to Gibbins, and the ball had then gone over the line.”

With 50-50 calls, we made a decision to stick with the named scorer as per the Official History Book (2002) – there’s no point in needlessly upsetting the applecart, is there?

At the time of writing (November 2016) we have around 300 hundred matches where our “Dodgy Goals Panel” have been called to action. On each occasion, we have made a brief note of the issue(s), and our chosen scorer(s) is/are stated, reflecting our up-to-date position at all times. Anyone with an interest in the subject is encouraged to use our findings as a basis for further research – our only caveat is that you share-a-like with your subsequent findings.

Transparency is key to our work, and we very much welcome all new and improved information, however small, which may or may not result in a change to the named scorers.

At all times, we retain an open-minded policy of applying changes wherever it’s deemed appropriate.

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel
  • Like 2

As The Jukebox Rebel shows us, Kris Doolan is the greatest goalscorer to wear the red and yellow in 49 years.

We are fortunate to have witnessed this achievement grow, season after season. I keenly await TJRs biography of Kris Doolan's goals and the memories it will stir.

One hundred goals is not far away now. History will be written. We will be there and we will be a part of it.

We will be honouring Kris at a private award ceremony. It will be a truly historic occasion.

A £25 pledge to the Doolan 100* will secure your place at the ceremony and a chance to make the presentation to Kris.

History will be ours. Join us.

*plus a £1/goal pledge to PAWS. The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.