Doolan 100

BowenBoys

I remember the Player of the Year event the year Doolan had been punted out on loan to Clyde. I think he went there with Paddy Boyle and one other? Kinniburgh perhaps? I spoke to him at that event and he was an absolute class act but basically said it was absolutely brutal there and as big a motivator as any to kick on.

I seem to recall he scored a last minute winner that day.

Funnily enough Erskine was the other one that evening who was great to chat to. Both very personable and keen to talk with folk.

Paul Cairney was hammered and the rest kept themselves to themselves.

My records pretty much match up but I've included friendlies (like the official history book) and I have one of the goals vs. Cove in the SC as a OG (by Alan Redford), now I missed this game so can't be sure.

ESPN has it as a OG/

Footage on

is debatable but I think it's a OG as does forum regular Camillian (who posted it on youtube), anybody else on the disputed goals panel ???

That pretty much looks like a Doolan goal to me.

I remember the Player of the Year event the year Doolan had been punted out on loan to Clyde. I think he went there with Paddy Boyle and one other? Kinniburgh perhaps? I spoke to him at that event and he was an absolute class act but basically said it was absolutely brutal there and as big a motivator as any to kick on.

I seem to recall he scored a last minute winner that day.

Funnily enough Erskine was the other one that evening who was great to chat to. Both very personable and keen to talk with folk.

Paul Cairney was hammered and the rest kept themselves to themselves.

I think i remember that one. Cairney was sinking the bottled beers and Paton was giving it the big 'I am'. What's refreshing about Doolan and Erskine is that they are down-to-earth nice guys who always make time for fans.

Brilliant work as ever TJR!

A few observations :-

Funny that when thinking of KD "most memorable" goals we've not won that many - e.g. Celtic first season up, Rangers this season, Hibs solo effort and Ramsdens final.

I'm sure there must be a few but struggling to remember any scored outside the box.

Guessing that assists would be fairly low compared to goals scored ...but could be wrong?

When thinking of the trademark Dools goal what comes to mind is control/drag back with one foot and hitting across the keeper into opposite corner. Maybe just me and wondered if anyone had break down of types of goals scored.....oh and at least one back heel

On memorable goals, there was that spell when he was obsessed with taking overhead kicks. Most of them were a bit crap, including one he scored at Stark's Park. The thing about Dools' goals, especially in recent seasons and as his pace has waned a little is that he makes it look so simple. He doesn't go for the spectacular because he usually doesn't have to. That said, his winner in 2010 with the last kick of the game was quite a good goal. Practically passed it into the top corner from the edge of a crowded box.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

He scored a peach against QoS from out on the wing on a cold Tuesday night about 5 or 6 years ago. It was the season Queens played Ross County in the Challenge Cup final and had a lot of games to catch up with. We won 3-1 and there were 1001 fans there.

The scarves are here. Have started to post them out.

I'm having a great deal of trouble getting on to here at the moment. Keep getting Gateway error 504, whatever that is.

From my office computer I never have any problems getting on to the forum (only during coffee breaks, of course!), but from home, 50% of my attempts are thwarted by a "Forbidden" message, so I have to abandon. But then the next night there may be no problem again..... But it's been like that for a couple of years, so not a new problem for me.