Robert Watson

Lindau

Can't really add to what's been said. Devastating news.

Just to add I lost a loved one who was the same age as Robert. After the initial grief I only look back on her life with great joy and much fondness. I'm sure, and hope sincerely, that'll be the case with you, AJ, and your family when you think of Robert.

R.I.P.

My sincerest condolences to yourself and the whole family Auld Jag.

I very much enjoyed Robert's contributions on this forum and on Facebook.

I also found it comforting to read how much he had been enjoying going to games since you both moved across with us to the North Stand.

I never met Robert and it is a matter of deep regret.

I had arranged to visit him and his family this week. Robert was to be the first person to hold the Doolan 100 trophy. Alas, that visit wasn't possible.

My thoughts are with Robert's family today. They have supported Robert with great strength, courage and dignity, particularly over the many month he spent in hospital. They deserve immense respect for that.

Condolences AJ, to you and your family.

Edited by BowenBoys
  • Like 4

Really sad to hear this, although I didn't know him personally I'd say hello walking past him when I was in the North Stand, the post that was made about the North Stand making him feel part of the crowd really hit home with me, as he was as loyal a fan as you could find.

The picture of him taking part on the pitch invasion when we won the league is brilliant and sums up what we are as a club, regardless of race, religion, or ability we are one fully inclusive family under the badge.

Would be a good touch if we could get a permanent remembrances for him in the NS.

Sleep tight Robert, I know you'll be watching the games from up above with a lot of other familiar faces that now take their positions in the great stand in the sky.

• Like 4

Such very sad news, I shall miss Rab.

Condolences to you Auld Jag and all the family. The work you did to engage the fans on here with Rab's situation was great. Even in small ways, we could express our best wishes. That is part of what makes this club special.

Let's hope he is watching down on the team as Dools does the 100. He should have been there to present the trophy, but our memories of him will be instead.

Take care AJ

• Like 1