Robert Watson

Lindau

There will be a minutes applause as a tribute to Robert's life on Saturday.

It will start at 31 minutes (3.31pm).

The club are fully in support of this and will publicise the event.

Please spread the word. Could those with Twitter and Facebook please make sure that this gets as much publicity as possible. I'll post in the match thread on P&B.

Let's show how much we care.

• Like 10

There is going to be a tribute to Robert in Wednesdays Paisley Gazette.

I arranged for someone who works in Paisley to pick up a Gazette for me and am so glad I did. Robert is the lead story on the front page and the only thing wider than his smile is a "We Are Thistle" scarf which dominates the view. Great to see so much red and yellow! Almost a full page spread thereafter on Page 5. Due honour is given to his Jags allegiance and the support he received from the Thistle community in his fight to be cared for in the family home rather than a nursing home. However, I also learned so much more about the other sides to Robert's life, much of which has been hinted at in tributes on the forum from those who know him better. A tireless campaigner and a charity trustee, "Robert was great fun, he was engaging and he never held back in getting involved or sharing his passions".

A well balanced piece with contributions from "a spokesman for Partick Thistle FC", his family, co-campaigners and even some grudging respect from those who were the target of his campaigns! A total credit to his family, his local community and our football club.

I arranged for someone who works in Paisley to pick up a Gazette for me and am so glad I did. Robert is the lead story on the front page and the only thing wider than his smile is a "We Are Thistle" scarf which dominates the view. Great to see so much red and yellow! Almost a full page spread thereafter on Page 5. Due honour is given to his Jags allegiance and the support he received from the Thistle community in his fight to be cared for in the family home rather than a nursing home. However, I also learned so much more about the other sides to Robert's life, much of which has been hinted at in tributes on the forum from those who know him better. A tireless campaigner and a charity trustee, "Robert was great fun, he was engaging and he never held back in getting involved or sharing his passions".

A well balanced piece with contributions from "a spokesman for Partick Thistle FC", his family, co-campaigners and even some grudging respect from those who were the target of his campaigns! A total credit to his family, his local community and our football club.

I have tried to copy and paste the tribute article. Hope this works!

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/15189884.Community_pays_tribute_to_fighter_Robert_Watson/?ref=mr&lp=2

• Like 2

I've been offline since early last week and am only today catching up with this sad, sad news.

Anyone passing at any age is always difficult whatever the circumstances, but Robert's passing at such a young age and in those circumstances is particularly poignant. I can only imagine the emotions that you and the family are going through at this time, AJ, but I hope that in due course you will be able to focus on many, many happy times with him at Firhill and elsewhere to go alongside his range of impressive achievements. As others have pointed out, his attitude in the face of his illness was a shining example to us all.

My sincerest condolences to you and all the famiiy, AJ.

RIP Robert.

We have put the ball that Chris & Callum brought up,Doolan 100 scarf and our season tickets in Roberts coffin.It would be great if somebody could video any tribute made to Robert also if there is anything in the programme we would like to see it.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 2

Also, perhaps, someone with audio capture software could record the Audio Commentary tomorrow around 31 minutes.

I'll get a programme for AJ.

BB could the club not make available a copy of the match which would include the 31 min tribute?

Have been raising funds in support of a memorial to Robert. The Last Jag Standing donations have raised £556 and today one man with a bucket raised an incredible £288.30.

Thanks to those here who contributed and to those on their way to the JHS and in the North Stand that filled the bucket. Big thanks to digger for his one man crusade today. Tremendous effort.

Total raised £844.30

• Like 3