Celtic Vs Partick Thistle - Tuesday 20 December

jagfox

Anyone going to this?

We'll probably get beat, but you just never know. All part of following the Thistle.

I'd stick with the 5-3-2/3-5-2 as Barton showed great flexibility to move positions yesterday.

Celtic 3 Partick Thistle 1

Attendance : 19,457

Anyone going to this?

We'll probably get beat, but you just never know. All part of following the Thistle.

I'd stick with the 5-3-2/3-5-2 as Barton showed great flexibility to move positions yesterday.

Celtic 3 Partick Thistle 1

Attendance : 19,457

Yes to going

When we played them at Firhill I thought Archie might have brought on Devine for the second half and moved Barton into the midfield. So I agree with jagfox. Most likely quite a narrow set up and just hope the midfield are quick and sharp enough to cover the flanks.

Soap Dodgers 2 Partick Thistle 1

Attendance 19,458 ( just heard of a Jags fan changing his mind and now going).

• Like 1

My Celtic mate is giving me his mates season ticket for this so I will be right in amongst them. Same happened last year. It was pretty clear I wasn't one of them when they scored, but I got no hassle. A few of us are having our annual Xmas bevy before and after the game, kicking off in the Monkey. Can't see us getting anything but there will be a good swally involved and I am a bit more confident after that 2nd half performance yesterday!

Edited by Lindau

if it gets us 3 points I couldn't care less if Thorsten Stuckmann scored our 3 goals lol

Tying to get my head round this and construct a credible scenario. Cannot get 3 points from a 3-3 draw, so will assume that Celtic score only twice. How about

84 mins Lee Griffiths taps home his second to give Celtic a comfortable 2-0 lead. Several Thistle fans leave.

86 mins Sean Welsh feels slight strain and Archie substitutes Davie Wilson for Sean as a precautionary measure.

88 mins Thomas Cerny injured and the BFG takes his place.

90 mins Thorsten catches a clearance kick from his penalty box very cleanly. With the wind behind and some interesting top spin and with Craig Gordon being out of his goal and not paying full attention, suddenly the ball has bounced over his head and is in the net. 2-1.

90+2 mins Thistle force a corner and Archie waves Stucky up the field. Celtic defence concentrate on main perceived threats Lindsay and Barton and are taken aback when Thorsten gets his forehead on the ball and powers it into the net. 2-2. The Thistle fans who left try and re-enter the stadium.

90+4 mins Chris Erskine beats the whole Celtic team in a mazy run and is about to tap the ball home when he is cleaned out by Scott Brown. Referee has ignored his linesmen all night but now desperately consults with them to try to contrive some excuse not to award a penalty and red card Brown, but eventually he has no option but to do so. In Sean's absence, slight confusion in Thistle ranks as to who will take the spot kick. Abdul Osman tries to take control but Stucky pushes him aside, grabs the ball and slams it past a shellshocked Craig Gordon. 2-3 Thistle. Referee blows final whistle. Jags fan in total meltdown. Thorsten is carried by the rest of the players to salute the support. The Archie 12 days of Christmas song is sung ten times consecutively, till everyone has lost count of how many Alan Archibalds the true love would have to source to meet the demand, punctuated only by serenading Brendan Rogers with "You'll be sacked in the morning".

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. We can but dream!

• Like 5

Tying to get my head round this and construct a credible scenario. Cannot get 3 points from a 3-3 draw, so will assume that Celtic score only twice. How about

84 mins Lee Griffiths taps home his second to give Celtic a comfortable 2-0 lead. Several Thistle fans leave.

86 mins Sean Welsh feels slight strain and Archie substitutes Davie Wilson for Sean as a precautionary measure.

90 mins Thorsten catches a clearance kick from his penalty box very cleanly. With the wind behind and some interesting top spin and with Craig Gordon being out of his goal and not paying full attention, suddenly the ball has bounced over his head and is in the net. 2-1.

90+2 mins Thistle force a corner and Archie waves Stucky up the field. Celtic defence concentrate on main perceived threats Lindsay and Barton and are taken aback when Thorsten gets his forehead on the ball and powers it into the net. 2-2. The Thistle fans who left try and re-enter the stadium.

90+4 mins Chris Erskine beats the whole Celtic team in a mazy run and is about to tap the ball home when he is cleaned out by Scott Brown. Referee has ignored his linesmen all night but now desperately consults with them to try to contrive some excuse not to award a penalty and red card Brown, but eventually he has no option but to do so. In Sean's absence, slight confusion in Thistle ranks as to who will take the spot kick. Abdul Osman tries to take control but Stucky pushes him aside, grabs the ball and slams it past a shellshocked Craig Gordon. 2-3 Thistle. Referee blows final whistle. Jags fan in total meltdown. Thorsten is carried by the rest of the players to salute the support. The Archie 12 days of Christmas song is sung ten times consecutively, till everyone has lost count of how many Alan Archibalds the true love would have to source to meet the demand, punctuated only by serenading Brendan Rogers with "You'll be sacked in the morning".

id be delighted if I read that write up in the press the next day

Love It!!

Likewise. :thumbsup2:

Mind you that still wouldn't necessarily stop two or three on here bemoaning the fact we let Celtic have a two goal lead.

Where was Devine to allow Griffiths the space, and Gordon should never have allowed the cross to get over. Don't get me started on Welsh losing possession in the build up, And the 2 sitters that Azeez missed should have had us comfortably ahead by then.

(Have I missed any scapegoats ?)

Just been arranging meet up times with ma Sellik mates for ramorra. They all seem to think we have a wee chance tomorrow. They thought Dungdee were unlucky not to get a point on Saturday and that they (Sellik) looked jaded and in need of a break. Down side was that they all said that Griffiths is fired up after being dropped

If anyone is going in with a Celtic season ticket, it's definitely worth walking round (once you are in the ground) to the away end and asking the stewards if you can go in there.

If you are in the bottom tier you will be able to walk all the way round. I've done this on several occasions in the past few years and always been allowed in. They can only say no.

Edited by ian_mac

If anyone is going in with a Celtic season ticket, it's definitely worth walking round (once you are in the ground) to the away end and asking the stewards if you can go in there.

If you are in the bottom tier you will be able to walk all the way round. I've done this on several occasions in the past few years and always been allowed in. They can only say no.

I am, but happy to sit with my Sellik mates. Never get any hassle at Porkheid.....wouldn't be doing it if it was at the Asbestosdome on the South Side. Come to think of it, seeing as the roofs are apparently near collapse over there, I wouldn't set foot inside it.

• Like 1