Vote For Next Season's Strip

twinny

"The two final designs are below so all you need to do is pick and vote"

Does this not infer that other designs were rejected? God alone knows how bad they must have been if the best of the bunch are the two horrific efforts we have been asked to vote on :mad:

I honestly believe that given the negativity towards the two options both on here and on Facebook that the club should restart the vote with a third option of "None of the Above"

Surely the whole point of this exercise is to sell the tops? Therefore they need to listen to the fans and make changes now whilst they still can, otherwise it's going to be a costly mistake!

Edited by Camallain
  • Like 3

Great. Let us vote between two absolutely howling strips.

People complained about last season's strip having too much red in it yet they have managed to make the same mistake again.

Well done Thistle and TTL, you have made a total arse of it.

i had no problem with last years top having so much red as our colours are red and yellow but the 2 offered for choice are very poor

TTL - Trotters Trading Limited.

Won't be buying anything from this company again after the owner was seen openly celebrating Rangers goals in the North Stand a few weeks ago. There's been no apology.

Plus the quality of product is shocking.

I haven't bought a single new Thistle item since the end of the Greaves deal, partly because the quality has been total cack, the completely nonsensical location of the shop, and now, the owner's disrespect for PTFC and their fans. Somehow I don't see that changing with these two new monstrosities that are being foisted on the supporters without any real consultation.

I haven't seen Facebook but, given the reaction on here and on Twitter, the club and TTL should be having a rethink.

There will always be some people that don't like a new kit design but I haven't seen much positivity at all towards these two 'efforts'.

I applaude the Club for giving us the opportunity to choose the kits, that's productive fan engagement.

I think it's important to separate that from any frustration of the kits design.

You get the impression that our new kit for the season HAS to be a new template Joma kit for the new season. There are plenty of pretty decent template kits from Joma in the past few years which other teams have used. In an ideal world, you'd like to think the Club can source them through our TTL deal. From the outside looking in, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I applaud the Club for giving us the opportunity to choose the kits, that's productive fan engagement.

I think it's important to separate that from any frustration of the kits design.

You get the impression that our new kit for the season HAS to be a new template Joma kit for the new season. There are plenty of pretty decent template kits from Joma in the past few years which other teams have used. In an ideal world, you'd like to think the Club can source them through our TTL deal. From the outside looking in, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Totally agree with your first point, mate. However, were those who attended the Fans Trust meeting not told there would be three options and that before it was put to a vote, a fan would be chosen, to liaise with the Club/TTL?

That's absolutely fine if it's a template, practically every strip in the western world is taken from a template and the mock ups i produced on the What If You Had Real Choice thread were all taken from templates. Not all Joma, but templates none the less. There is a negative perception of templates, but if done correctly it can be very effective. There is no rule that says we need to stick to the colour scheme in the catalogue. Take season one for example which allowed us to have black shoulders, valencia had the same top, with blue shoulders.

Regardless, I think the "our hands are tied" template thing is a red herring. Last seasons strip with the polka dot fade on the hoops... Didn't see that in any Joma catalogue. Likewise the year before, the candy stripe, again, didn't see that in any Joma catalogue. So that's two years in a row we didn't have a template straight out a catalogue.

We renewed the TTL contract for the season ahead. Now, I'm sure the club looked at other options, but I can understand why continuity and having the UK's third biggest football brand are appealing. However, the club must have looked at the new designs in the catalogue for 2017/18, which incidentally isn't yet available to the public and there's no way they looked at it and thought... "yeah, i like this range. There's easily three seasons worth of kits in there." Because the two we have been given are absolute shit.

To me it looks as if they committed to something they very quickly regretted and just pointed at what ever was on page 1 and 2. I mean come on, option 2? Option 1 isn't that bad, if a bit of work and thought went into it... or a bit of black went into it.

Repeatedly the club and TTL have been told to ditch red shorts. But the laziness/arrogance of this? its the same shorts for both strips?

Likewise they have been repeatedly told the fans don't want a big panel on the back for the numbers. The Premiership have added more colours for numbers, so its not like a panel's even needed. There's no excuse for it.

For anyone that's not seen them, i threw together 9 mock ups in a couple of hours and put them up on the following thread:

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/12050-what-if-you-had-real-choice/page__st__20

Of course, it's very easy for the club to come out of this smelling of roses... You told us the options were shite, and to show we listen, it's back to the drawing board. That's fan engagement.

Just to pick up on one point PT made in his very good post.

"Totally agree with your first point, mate. However, were those who attended the Fans Trust meeting not told there would be three options and that before it was put to a vote, a fan would be chosen, to liaise with the Club/TTL?"

3 options was mentioned and I would be interested to hear why it is only 2 we are voting on but I don't remember any mention of a fan liasing with the club or supplier before the options were revealed.

• Like 1

I appreciate the sentiment of giving fans a say, but should this not be behind the pay-wall and one member one vote?

One viral smart arse twitter message or post on "Pie n Bovril" from, Timmy Hunsman c/o Section B, Killie Institute for Bully Wee Fuddery... and we could get humped with non-jag consensus opinion of the shite-iest of the two.

Anyhoo.....

Option - chewingummacaroonbaaaz - 6r36nt.jpg

Cetic play in hoops ffs!!!!! ... and no black shorts is racist!!!

:fan:

I appreciate the sentiment of giving fans a say, but should this not be behind the pay-wall and one member one vote?

One viral smart arse twitter message or post on "Pie n Bovril" from, Timmy Hunsman c/o Section B, Killie Institute for Bully Wee Fuddery... and we could get humped with non-jag consensus opinion of the shite-iest of the two.

Anyhoo.....

Option - chewingummacaroonbaaaz - 6r36nt.jpg

Cetic play in hoops ffs!!!!! ... and no black shorts is racist!!!

:fan:

That would be an excellent kit

I'm disappointed that both sets of kits have the same shorts and socks - we are just choosing the shirt.

I have no problem with red shorts and socks but only if the jersey is a lot of yellow

This seasons kit looks classy

But aren't we glad that we can mix it up and a bit of red yellow and black variety? Just think of our noisy neighbours who MUST wear the same stuff every year for fear of Armageddon

They're not that bad. Go with black shorts and they'll do ok. In saying that the other thread with the NASL team (Fort Lauderdale Strikers is it?) and most of potty trained's mock-ups show that it's really pretty easy to come up with something better, so not sure why Joma and Thistle keep making it look so difficult.