Lindsay>>Leeds?

angry gaz

Liam is improving with every game.

It would be in Thistle's and his own interest to stay till the end of the season unless we receive a massive bid. His value will increase on further progress especially if we go on a decent cup run.

I am concerned at the lack of any suitable replacement as we will again be susceptible to set pieces.

I am concerned at the lack of any suitable replacement as we will again be susceptible to set pieces.

Whether he moves or not, we need another central defender in as we are short in that position. Barton has proved he can do a job there though I think Archie would prefer to see him in midfield and Danny Devine has arguably been our most consistent performer in December. Other than that we really have no one else if Liam does go!

Whether he moves or not, we need another central defender in as we are short in that position. Barton has proved he can do a job there though I think Archie would prefer to see him in midfield and Danny Devine has arguably been our most consistent performer in December. Other than that we really have no one else if Liam does go!

Wait and see. Archibald spoke of bringing two boys from England. Maybe a CB in there?

If Liam does go in January we should go and get Gunning from Morton. He's been outstanding for them this season.

Go gunning for Gunning?

Honestly didn't know he was showing good form. Don't really have an opinion about him but would predict that after last season his signing would be extremely contentious.

If Liam does go in January we should go and get Gunning from Morton. He's been oustanding for them this season.

That suggestion may not be too far fetched - I've been thinking the same for the past month or so.

I keep an eye on Morton, as they're my Dads team, and you're right GG has been outstanding for them - he only signed a 6 month deal with them, which I believe expires in the next few days.

I'd also put forward Thomas O'Ware also of Morton - versatile defender, started as a LB but more a CB these days I'm led to believe, with 9 goals to his credit so far this season. Is it my imagination playing tricks, or was it not rumoured in the summer past that Archie was interested in signing O'Ware?

That suggestion may not be too far fetched - I've been thinking the same for the past month or so.

I keep an eye on Morton, as they're my Dads team, and you're right GG has been outstanding for them - he only signed a 6 month deal with them, which I believe expires in the next few days.

I'd also put forward Thomas O'Ware also of Morton - versatile defender, started as a LB but more a CB these days I'm led to believe, with 9 goals to his credit so far this season. Is it my imagination playing tricks, or was it not rumoured in the summer past that Archie was interested in signing O'Ware?

if as suggested the targets are from down south that would rule out both those guys

It was Lee Kilday we were interested in.

Any fee we look for for him should be based on the worst case scenario. How much will it cost us if we get relegated and how long it could take us to get back up. The last couple o times we have gone down from the SPL it has taken us many years to get back up.

Last season Dundee Utd got £1,000,000 for finishing last - so i think we should be looking for a minimum of that.

I can't think of another current central defender who scores goals from set plays with such monotonous regularity. McAuley's goal against Hull was his fourth in the Premier League this season and the way he attacks the ball in the opposition's box is a delight to watch.

This comes from Garth Crooks' Team of the Week on the BBC Football website. Maybe he should think of Liam Lindsay.

• Like 1