January Window

Firhillista

Would indeed and with two years still on his contract in the summer, we are in the driving seat regarding the fee!

potential as well for a few other clubs to become interested and maybe even Drive up any few? Unless of course there's already an agreement in place with Leeds though if Liam has 2 years left on contract not too sure there would be an agreement set in stone

Just as an aside good to see that Mick McMullin played the full 90 minutes today for Peterhead in their 1-0 victory at Alloa

As the score suggests he played well. Exceptional when you take into account he'd just been signed. Think being captain of the U20s helps as he was quite vocal yesterday. Man marked Greig Spence, who's usually a handful.

According to someone on P&B, Alan Nixon, well known sports journo and jags fan saying Lindsay likely to be joining Leeds in the summer. Quite happy if that's true and we get say £300,000- £500,000 and a percentage of any sell on fee!!

If true they could be a Premiership team by then

If true they could be a Premiership team by then

Yip, Gary Monk has certainly turned them round. As someone pointed out elsewhere, he had a habit of taking young Scottish players to Swansea and developing them. Swansea must be wondering why they sacked him, given the situation they find themselves in now, a scenario a few on here should take on board when criticising our own manager!

• Like 2

Yip, Gary Monk has certainly turned them round. As someone pointed out elsewhere, he had a habit of taking young Scottish players to Swansea and developing them.

Leeds tho' are a basket case. If Monk's still in charge in the summer he'll no doubt be entitled to some sort of long service award.

Hopefully press reports aren't too wonky and at least a couple of other clubs are interested in Lindsay. It's evidently often the case that transfer money isn't necessarily paid upfront especially when there's no competition for a player's signature. I doubt Leeds United would be the club you'd have top of the list owing you money.

Two Crewe fans linking defender Harry Davis, ex-teammate of Abdul Osman, with us.

"harry going out on loan or full move to partick thistle"

"one of clubs talking to so we led to believe down here."

"was (captain) under his dad who got sacked last week. New manager doesn't appear to want him, believe loan deal."

A Leeds United supporter I work with says that in one of the Yorkshire media outlets that they are preparing a £2 million bid and want him immediately in January. He also said that currently the 2 centre halves that they have are the best they have had since Ferdinand and Woodgate.

If we get £2 million and were able to re-invest some of it in the squad, we would be in a very good place for the foreseeable

A Leeds United supporter I work with says that in one of the Yorkshire media outlets that they are preparing a £2 million bid and want him immediately in January. He also said that currently the 2 centre halves that they have are the best they have had since Ferdinand and Woodgate.

If we get £2 million and were able to re-invest some of it in the squad, we would be in a very good place for the foreseeable

Dont think we will get anything near that, more likely to be less than a mil.

But to be fair, as long as sell on clauses / appearance clauses / and possible clause for promotion is in place it could all add upto 2mil

No way £2m that is fantasy. Cardiff only offered £500k for Hayes and I would expect any offer for Lindsay to be significantly less than that.

James McCarthy went for 1.2mil in 2009, McArthur for 500k, and the English Market is so invested in heavy cash the now it could well be anything up to and possibly over £1mil for Liam.

Yet, I do believe its likely to be nearer £300k with add-ons (clauses previously mentioned) which could see it possibly go up to nearer the £500k mark.

I could be wrong, but the SPL is bargain basement for english clubs...

James McCarthy went for 1.2mil in 2009, McArthur for 500k, and the English Market is so invested in heavy cash the now it could well be anything up to and possibly over £1mil for Liam.

Yet, I do believe its likely to be nearer £300k with add-ons (clauses previously mentioned) which could see it possibly go up to nearer the £500k mark.

Fairly sure the James Mcs had sell ons as well. If not both certainly one of them and a tidy sum as well.

The club would have to be off their chump to sell him for £300 000, even with add ons. He is worth far more to us in terms of staying in the Premier League. Hayes is 29 and not realistically going to improve much more, Liam is 21 and has the potential to improve significantly.

• Like 4

Maxie mentions in the ET about a certain philosophy re putting our youngsters on longish contracts under a proviso that the Club wouldn't stand in their way should a bigger club comes in for them. I don't know whether that means there's individual written thresholds or just a tacit understanding. The Club would be foolish to stand in the way of any such move as other promising youngsters wouldn't sign up to extended contracts. That's why I think it's important that more than one club bids for Lindsay . If only one club bids then we may have to accept a relatively low to moderate fee just to protect our policy.

Jings, that is some pretty severe devaluation from 2M to 300K in about an hour!

Killie have just turned down £500k for 22 year old Coulibaly from an Egyptian club. Interestingly, his contract is the same length as Lindsays. Not a straight comparison but gives an indication of what we shoukd be looking for if Lindsay moves on now.

Killie have just turned down £500k for 22 year old Coulibaly from an Egyptian club. Interestingly, his contract is the same length as Lindsays. Not a straight comparison but gives an indication of what we shoukd be looking for if Lindsay moves on now.

Coulibaly is certainly capable of scoring a spectacular goal or two, but I think he has been pretty anonymous in our two games against them this season, especially the last one at Firhill.