January Window

Firhillista

sadly, not a denial that there is interest and perhaps approaches and conversations being had...

"Nothing is concrete though, so I’m 100% focused on Partick Thistle just now and I will be until something concrete happens or an offer is made..."

It's always the case with the January window that managers will be working on their first picks but keeping others 'warm' at the same time while they wait for confirmation of who they might be losing from their own team. The big name signings generally come first and then work down the pack like a big boys game of tic tac toe that leaves big Jim Slavin and Slippers McConnologue the last to get picked.

Ohhhhh the tension.

I'd love to see big Liam in red and yellow for some time to come.

Trialist centre half today was apparently this chap.

https://en.m.wikiped...iki/Niall_Keown

(from another thread)

Putting 2 and 2 together...

Scott Paterson quoted in the E.T. We’re looking at loan deals in the main just because of the time of year, but if the right permanent deal comes up we’re open to that as well.

Might we see Niall, son of Martin Keown up on loan from The Royals under 23 side till the end of the season.

Could this be as cover or as a replacement?

That's what I was thinking. He may also play centreback for all I know but the preference must surely be for a naturally left sided defender. We've effectively replaced Frans/Miller twice over with Gordon, Devine, Barton & at a push, Syme. We never really replaced Seaborne. The composition of the defence shows a balance well in favour of right footed players. Add to that Penrice away on loan and we've only Lindsay and Booth natural lefties.

Further to that I see Michael McMullen, who to me looks similar in development to what Liam Lindsay was at his age, is off on loan. Again a leftie, and also useful in the air, Michael could possibly have come into the 1st team in an emergency and done a "Penrice". Definitely feel we need left sided cover in the defence now more than ever.

Further to that I see Michael McMullen, who to me looks similar in development to what Liam Lindsay was at his age, is off on loan. Again a leftie, and also useful in the air, Michael could possibly have come into the 1st team in an emergency and done a "Penrice". Definitely feel we need left sided cover in the defence now more than ever.

We go to quite a few development games M'Lady. Am happy to see Penrice and McMullen go out on loan as they are probably better than development level now, but still a fair bit below 1st team level, so hopefully this should really improve them, getting competitive games most weeks. Not sure about David Wilson though. At 22 and with his contract up in the summer, I thought he had to make the breakthrough this season and it hasn't materialised. Sadly for him, he is in the most competitive part of the team and that could mean him being shipped in the summer sadly.

Edited by Lindau

I have it from someone in the know that Dobbie is on £2000 a week at queens (a grand each from two directors) so he is well out of our price range.

Go along with that. I didn't know the figures involved but I did hear Dobbie was being "subsidised". Regardless, class player that he no doubt was (is?), I reckon he'd be too big a gamble at his age for the likes of us.

Dobbie has played at a very good level and has scored goals wherever he has played, but really don't want us to sign guys of that age. Just as an aside good to see that Mick McMullin played the full 90 minutes today for Peterhead in their 1-0 victory at Alloa and Penrice and Wilson also got 90 minutes each for East Fife and Stranraer.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

According to the website when he went out on loan it was until the 14th of January so yesterday would have been his last game for Ayr:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/kevin-nisbet-joins-ayr-united-on-loan/

McCall was pretty scathing about him in a recent interview when he went off injured. Didn't see him playing for them again.

According to someone on P&B, Alan Nixon, well known sports journo and jags fan saying Lindsay likely to be joining Leeds in the summer. Quite happy if that's true and we get say £300,000- £500,000 and a percentage of any sell on fee!!

Edited by Lindau