January Window

Firhillista

Gordon is 3rd choice after Muzzy and Elliot, and with Keown coming in his chances of playing have narrowed further. Archie clearly doesn't fancy him now so better to free up his wage rather have him warming the bench for the rest of the season. Even if that means letting him go for free, we didn't pay anything for him and we couldn't claim he's improved during his time with us.

Certainly looks that way. Gordon would be more in the running for a position in a starting eleven if there was more emphasis placed on defending. We don't, and prefer to use our defensive mids as cover. Without injuries and/or suspensions it's hard to see him get much game time.

What is more of a concern is, if Ziggy leaves, we effectively will only have three full backs. No knowledge of course but Gordon leaving could free up a substantial wage. Conversely his contract might be weighted towards appearances and that's what is prompting a move away?

If Liam stays, we have filled the obvious vacancy in our central defence and it could mean a move further forward for Adam. Ziggy would be no more than a 3rd choice at right back if Muzzy and Christie are fit, so no need for any other cover to be drafted in there with the added bonus that Christie can fill in at left back as well, if anything happens with Booth. The squad is looking very good

Ziggy was almost as big a failure as Stevenson. Well done to Archie for realising this.

Compare his attitude to Muzzy or Barton or Booth. Chalk and cheese. If Keown has anything like the same ability/desire as his father he will be a great signing.

I hope we can keep Liam till the end of the season ad also sign a striker if Gordon's wages have been freed up.

Ziggy was almost as big a failure as Stevenson. Well done to Archie for realising this.

Compare his attitude to Muzzy or Barton or Booth. Chalk and cheese. If Keown has anything like the same ability/desire as his father he will be a great signing.

I hope we can keep Liam till the end of the season ad also sign a striker if Gordon's wages have been freed up.

stevenson played his part in Keeping us in the premier league in his first season. Far more players such as Jim Hamilton who could be named as a failure before Stevenson
  • Like 3

Of all the things I could criticise Ziggy Gordon for, his attitude would probably the very last thing on the list. What a bizarre thing to post.

Edited by Roque
  • Like 2

Went down in my estimations with his 'I'm only here for a year' line. And then claiming the reason he was dropped was because of a change in formation. Ha.

Plus I didn't think he was very good anyway.

Good luck to him in pastures new.

Edited by Big Col

Of all the things I could criticise Ziggy Gordon for, his attitude would probably the very last thing on the list. What a bizarre thing to post.

From the little I've heard Gordon's attitude has been first rate. When he's on the bench you can often see him encouraging his teammates. Things haven't always worked out great on the park, especially early on in the season. I don't think it's been any coincidence his best performances have been in matches against the ugly sisters and I seem to mind Gordon also being good up at Pittodrie. These are games where (rightly or wrongly) we're less gung ho with our full backs and more defensive minded.

• Like 1

From the little I've heard Gordon's attitude has been first rate. When he's on the bench you can often see him encouraging his teammates. Things haven't always worked out great on the park, especially early on in the season. I don't think it's been any coincidence his best performances have been in matches against the ugly sisters and I seem to mind Gordon also being good up at Pittodrie. These are games where (rightly or wrongly) we're less gung ho with our full backs and more defensive minded.

.... And we lost all three......

Ziggy must be hoping tis Bialystok and bloom...

The Producers of that post have to realise that only Jags of a certain vintage will get it :)

To diverge for a moment, only saw that movie in the Salon off Byres Road one Saturday in the seventies after the late cancellation of a Jags v Hibs game!

• Like 3

Amazing profit for Killie in 6 months with the fee for Coulibaly

I honestly don't think he is that good, though he can score the occasional sensational goal, so if Killie have got this amount, it is a fantastic bit of business. Rumours are that McDonald is going to Ibrokes for £200,000 as a replacement for Gilks. They have a Newcastle reserve keeper to take his place but McDonald has been half decent for them. Killie fans are also worried that MJ might trouser most of the Coulibaly money before getting out. My worry would be giving Clark any of the money they received, to bring in another 30 players that no one has heard of!

Edited by Lindau