January Window

Firhillista

Stuckmaan, Docherty, Penrice, Wilson, McMullin, Gordon gone with Ridger and Keown in suggests there will indeed be a bit more activity, hopefully starting with Erwin

That looks convincing but I doubt we'll be much in credit. If we're anything more than marginally better off with our lads out on loan I'd be surprised. Unless of course Ziggy was on some super-duper wage and/or Keown is getting largely funded by Reading. If we do add another player it could just as easily be due to Archie having being within budget all along.

That looks convincing but I doubt we'll be much in credit. If we're anything more than marginally better off with our lads out on loan I'd be surprised. Unless of course Ziggy was on some super-duper wage and/or Keown is getting largely funded by Reading. If we do add another player it could just as easily be due to Archie having being within budget all along.

Was looking more at numbers rather than on a budgetary basis. If you add in that we are unlikely to see Scully, Bannigan or Fraser again this season, I would be surprised if we didn't bring another one in before Tuesday. As I said, if we get Erwin it will give us good competition throughout the squad. The incentive to finish in the top 6 is massive this season, with the likelyhood of another two home games against Celtic and Sevco

• Like 1

Has there been any update on the injuries to the 3 mentioned above?

Was Banzo not supposed to be back after 6 months?

Very tough on young Scully if he is out for the season just when he looked like making the grade.

And Fraser needs to prove himself before the expiry of his contract.

The bad injuries of these 3 young stars show the vicissitude of a career in football.

Banzo wont be back this season, he couldnt turn, so had to get another OP.

Scully is out until Feb/March according to Archie.

Fraser also injured, although not too sure whats wrong as not heard much. However, I dont think we would chuck him, just look, the club stuck by Welsh on a pay as you play deal, and hes been one of our best players this season.

Was looking more at numbers rather than on a budgetary basis. If you add in that we are unlikely to see Scully, Bannigan or Fraser again this season, I would be surprised if we didn't bring another one in before Tuesday. As I said, if we get Erwin it will give us good competition throughout the squad. The incentive to finish in the top 6 is massive this season, with the likelyhood of another two home games against Celtic and Sevco

Then in agreement, tho' the three players you mention play in positions that are well covered.

One of the problems that can arise when you take a player on loan is his parent club will be anticipating a certain amount of game time. Other times they may just want the player off the books, which raises the question if he's worth the bother. Erwin looks on face value a good punt. Enough experience and should be keen to succeed having done little since leaving our league. No idea if a deal is on the cards or not but I wouldn't disagree if the only further signing was an out and out forward.

Thought it was interesting that he said there were offers in for two players, and then added that there was the possibility of getting a second player in.

I'm guessing both bids are for a striker, and then the other player will be somewhere else on the park.

Logically I'm guessing it would be a winger, with Elliott probably being regarded as a full back till the end of the season as we only have three.

We're pretty stacked everywhere else, so an upgrade on Amoo would be nice.

Thought it was interesting that he said there were offers in for two players, and then added that there was the possibility of getting a second player in.

I'm guessing both bids are for a striker, and then the other player will be somewhere else on the park.

Logically I'm guessing it would be a winger, with Elliott probably being regarded as a full back till the end of the season as we only have three.

We're pretty stacked everywhere else, so an upgrade on Amoo would be nice.

As far as I see it any "upgrade on Amoo" has to be left sided. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we bring in a striker that in any way marginalises the three strikers we presently have.

Might it not be time to play Amoo as a striker, if only to increase the flexibility in the team?

I think that there is something in that. Amoo is more of a natural predator than Azeez. His long run to score against St Johnstone was the exception. Most of his other goals have been due to being in the right place at the right time to force the ball home whether with head or foot.

• Like 1

I said last season that we should give Amoo a chance as an out and out striker. Has the pace and is good in the air. If we don't get anyone else in it would be worth a throw of the dice!

When we adopt the three at the back with two strikers Amoo has been used as a striker off the bench. Admittedly that's not been often, possibly only two or three times, but I don't think playing Amoo thru the middle is completely out of Archie's mind.

Killie being linked with stokes, Erwin, dean shields , stockley and also Oliver and Forbes from morton. No doubt there will be a few clubs chasing the same targets at this late stage. Out of that lot it would only be Erwin, Stockley or shields who would interest us.

Alan Nixon saying Erwin a possibility but Leeds would prefer he stays in England. Seemingly Kilmarnock in for him too. Says we are in for a more skilful, attacking midfielder as well, that can play off a front man. Sounds interesting...

that would be someone like ...............erskine

Alan Nixon saying Erwin a possibility but Leeds would prefer he stays in England. Seemingly Kilmarnock in for him too. Says we are in for a more skilful, attacking midfielder as well, that can play off a front man. Sounds interesting...

surely if Leeds are interested in Lindsay it would be in their interest to help us rather than killie with getting Erwin