Partick Thistle Vs Formartine United

jagfox

Some really decent finishes yesterday. Azeez must be cursing big Osman as he was poised for a tap in. Good professional performance by all accounts and shapes us up nicely for next weeks massive game. Hope this evenings draw is a home tie against Ayr/Queens Park or Stirling/Clyde.

Edited by MonehJags

One gripe is our players seem to have a mindset of pass before shoot when they get a glimpse of the goal.

Go along with that. Two or three times at least that extra pass was either unnecessary or went to a player in a poorer position to score. Lawless's goal was the complete opposite. Great interchange with Welsh(?) then no second thoughts and fired it straight in the net. More of that, please.

Some really decent finishes yesterday. Azeez must be cursing big Osman as he was poised for a tap in. Good professional performance by all accounts and shapes us up nicely for next weeks massive game. Hope this evenings draw is a home tie against Ayr/Queens Park or Stirling/Clyde.

At least thank christ we won,t be getting Dundee Utd AWAY again!

Should definitely have been more but once we were 3-0 up there was absolutely no need to over exert ourselves and can even understand some players pulling out of 50/50s. Felt the opposition were maybe out to make their mark in that respect and that's when you pick up injuries. In Muzzie's case they definitely took a few swipes but simply couldn't catch him.

Hard to judge the team properly against that kind of opposition but we were never in danger and are safely in the next round. Considering a lot of people thought we might be in for a difficult afternoon (and I don't just mean on here but in the media as well) it's a decent afternoon's work.

Our traditional dreadful cup draw is only hours away however.

• Like 1

Efficient and business-like performance, getting ahead early on and never allowing any doubts as to the outcome of the tie. Sean Welsh was quite heavily involved but I suspect he'll be pleasantly surprised at getting the MotM award from the sponsors; definitely not one of his more polished displays, imo.

Enough of the churlishness from me: the shed was in grood voice, and it was great to hear the reception given to wee Muzzy when he came on. I've not managed to see that much of him since we acquired him, but that wee pair of legs must have the greatest rpm in the whole of sport; it looks like a torso on wheels of fire when he goes on a run. He didn't shirk out of any of the 'meaty' hielan challenges either.

A wee word of credit to the Formartine fans: sure, it was the biggest day out in their history, but the number of them that made the sojourn southwards put a few PL clubs to shame. Also, what nice people the ones we got chatting to were. I'll remember them fondly.

Now for an extended good run in the league. WAT.

• Like 1