Niall Keown

BowenBoys

Looks like Keown could be starting on Saturday?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15051670.Alan_Archibald_says_Partick_Thistle_new_boy_Niall_Keown_may_be_pitched_straight_in_against_Inverness/?ref=arc

Wonder if this means Lindsay and Keown in the centre with Elliott right back or can Keown play right back and Barton / Lindsay in the centre?

Looks like Keown could be starting on Saturday?

http://www.eveningti...erness/?ref=arc

Wonder if this means Lindsay and Keown in the centre with Elliott right back or can Keown play right back and Barton / Lindsay in the centre?

Different type of player but I think Barton will either cover for Abdul in midfield or we'll play three at the back. The latter may offer a bit more insurance with both Keown make his debut and Zorro returning. Downside as I see it we'll still need two defensive mids to cover for Abdul or the advanced central midfielder (Edwards?) will be too often drawn back in any case to help out the one defensive mid (Welsh?). On balance three at the back might be too negative tomorrow plus it's a wide pitch. So we'll probably go with a normal back four and I reckon Barton will be more needed in midfield.

I didn't make it to Inverness and the Jagzone highlights didn't feature anything of Niall but the commentary was pretty complimentary. It would be good to have a loan signing that makes an impact other than Lyle I can't think of too many that actually managed some game time never mind make an impact.

I didn't make it to Inverness and the Jagzone highlights didn't feature anything of Niall but the commentary was pretty complimentary. It would be good to have a loan signing that makes an impact other than Lyle I can't think of too many that actually managed some game time never mind make an impact.

Chris Erskine. Callum Booth. Conrad Balatoni. Sean Welsh. Graham Dorrans. Jukka Santala.

I could go on...

• Like 1