Aberdeen 4/2/17

Lindau

Well after that shocker on Wednesday, can't say I hold much hope of grabbing even a point up there, however we are capable of pulling something out the hat when least expected, so fingers crossed. No idea what team we will put out though would like to see Barton back in defence. In reality not one of the players that appeared on the pitch v St Johnstone could complain if they were dropped

2-0 Aberdeen sadly!

Edited by Lindau

Grabbing at straws but Aberdeen will play open football, which will suit us better.. I don't see us getting a result but if we can create a few chances and play better, both as a unit and individually and even if only on the break, it could at least lift confidence.

As Lindau says no one (bar Cerny) could complain if he was dropped. That being the case you can turn that around and probably justify playing the same starting eleven. I'd be happier with a 1-3 than a 0-2 just to get the no goals tag off the back.

If Muzzy is anywhere near full fitness, he should start. Likelihood is that Aberdeen wide attackers will be Hayes and McGinn, fast, inventive and intelligent players. Callum Booth can match one of them, but I would be happier with Muzzy rather than Christie facing up to the other one. Less need for physicality against Aberdeen than against other teams.

If Muzzy is anywhere near full fitness, he should start. Likelihood is that Aberdeen wide attackers will be Hayes and McGinn, fast, inventive and intelligent players. Callum Booth can match one of them, but I would be happier with Muzzy rather than Christie facing up to the other one. Less need for physicality against Aberdeen than against other teams.

Think it's likely that Muzzy isn't ready yet and that's mainly why we appealed Christie's red card.

I want to say I believe we can grab a point here with a spirited reaction to Wednesday. I don't believe it, but I'll say it anyway.

Head is saying standard 2-0 defeat without laying a glove on them. Would like to see a bit more width in midfield, and hypocritically, less attempts at getting it into a corner for rubbish crosses.

The perfect opportunity for the players to redeem themselves and show the fans they have the bottle to bounce back from a poor performance and actually compete against one of the established top 3 teams.

Fingers crossed we don't repeat the disastrous front 2 pairing of Azeez and Amoo again. Ever.

cerny

elliot keown lindsay booth

amoo barton osman lawless

edwards

azeez

controversial but welsh,erskine and doolan on bench

The more I see Barton the less convincing I feel he is suited to midfield, he is more effective in a back three, in the middle he offers no cover or invention and is as well not being there. No argument with Erskine and Doolan on the bench but Welsh needs to start.

Tomas Cerny

Mustapha Dumbuya

Liam Lindsay

Abdul Osman

David Amoo

Kris Doolan

Steven Lawless

Adam Barton

Christie Elliott

Daniel Devine

Ryan Edwards

Not sure how they'll line up. I'd guess three at the back with Elliot and Dumbya wingbacks? Though that would also mean only two midfield. Maybe sticking with Barton midfield and Devine replacing Keown? Erskine, Welsh and Keown on the bench - maybe knocks.

Edited by Mr Bunny