Aberdeen 4/2/17

Lindau

Azeez has had his chance and has proven that he is as capable at this level as Pogba was. Let's hope that Banton is up to the task.

Pretty concerning already that we've been utterly toothless recently and he hasn't gotten a look in. Why not chuck him in the last 20 minutes yesterday if hes lacking in fitness? Lawless for instance was completely hopeless again yesterday yet lasted 90 minutes and we still left this guy on the bench.

Pretty concerning already that we've been utterly toothless recently and he hasn't gotten a look in. Why not chuck him in the last 20 minutes yesterday if hes lacking in fitness? Lawless for instance was completely hopeless again yesterday yet lasted 90 minutes and we still left this guy on the bench.

I suppose Nisbet coming on ahead of him either explains the guy's lack of fitness or his goal scoring potential. Hopefully it's the former. He was possibly on the bench simply to get a run out if the game was over result wise. Perhaps he'll get 45 mins for the U20s this week.

After the game on Saturday, left Pittodrie disappointed at the result but not the performance, we are a good striker away from being a comfortable top 6 side.

The rest of our play is very good and even on Saturday where we were set up to be a bit more defensive, we created a number of very good chances.

After the game on Saturday, left Pittodrie disappointed at the result but not the performance, we are a good striker away from being a comfortable top 6 side.

The rest of our play is very good and even on Saturday where we were set up to be a bit more defensive, we created a number of very good chances.

No disrespect to Dools, but we have been a good striker short since promotion, apart from the loan spells of Lyle Taylor. Dools is a great striker to have, but we need another who can score when he has a poor run.

Couple of things are concerning me about this season.

1, our inability to field a settled team for more than 2 games running. We're not sure if Barton is a CB or a midfielder, we don't know our best formation. I don't think this is doing us any favours. and B, the same pattern emerging - away games, play better football and fail to convert chances; home games, play decent for a half but fail to break down a resolute team.

No disrespect to Dools, but we have been a good striker short since promotion, apart from the loan spells of Lyle Taylor. Dools is a great striker to have, but we need another who can score when he has a poor run.

There's a wee bit of irony in there with this being a post Pittodrie thread. Taylor had two incredible misses up there that would've made Paul Keegan blush. Lyle was far from being a natural striker. What he did have the knack of doing was carving out a fair amount of chances for himself to score. Ade was showing signs of doing the same earlier in the season. That seems to have dried up somewhat of late and he's not even playing the percentages

Couple of things are concerning me about this season.

1, our inability to field a settled team for more than 2 games running. We're not sure if Barton is a CB or a midfielder, we don't know our best formation. I don't think this is doing us any favours. and B, the same pattern emerging - away games, play better football and fail to convert chances; home games, play decent for a half but fail to break down a resolute team.

My take on Barton is he's a midfielder first and foremost unless we return to a back three. I don't think he's played as a centreback in a back four other than when he's covering for an injury to another centreback. With Keown's arrival we might not see him play in the back line much.

That tho' only stresses the point you're making about an unsettled formation. For instance I don't have a clue how Archie's going to fit Welsh, Barton and Osman into a midfield and maintain an attack minded formation.

I also find it quite difficult to see how Lawless and Erskine can both play in their preferred positions. Factor Edwards in and they'll be tripping over each other.