Jagszone - International Streaming To The Nomads

Shuggie

The Jagszone World Service’s future is contingent on people signing up - no surprises there.

It’s important that we realise that the international side of Jagzone (particularly the live stream aspect) is the most costly and difficult for the club to provide and, unless numbers increase over the next few months, the Club will need to think seriously about whether it continues next season.

To be absolutely clear, this is not something that anyone wants to have to do, but if the figures don’t add up then the Club’s hand may well be forced.

It is a service that we Nomads asked for, so to enable it to continue, we need to sign up in greater numbers.

Can I ask you all to stop and think about signing up and doing so soon, particularly those international Nomads?

If you have a reason for not doing so, could you send me a Personal Message and spell it out to me. I will then be able to give full and honest feedback to the Club. I ask you to do this so we keep this thread “nice and clean”!

To show everyone who has responded, please add your name to this thread.

One further thought, have you registered your email with the Club so that they can communicate directly to you? It would be good if we all did – and let them know where you are from!

Nomads, just crazy about the Jags.

I don't use it because a 3 pm kick-off means midnight where I am; at that time I'm already fast asleep or else out somewhere. Midweek games are during the middle of night here, again not convenient.

That's the case for many many Nomads, some of whom will watch the game when they next can after awakening. That is the nature of the offer to this round world of ours.

I.m kinda working back in the UK now Shug. But will still look at the package

Is there a number on how many more have to sign up to get to break even.

Cmon guys.. Shug put in a mountain of effort to set this up for the Nomads. If you love the Jags and are overseas sign up. Think of it as a season ticket. You don,t always use that every other week if your home.

If you don,t use it you lose it! And you also lose it for those guys who have signed up already.

I.m kinda working back in the UK now Shug. But will still look at the package

Is there a number on how many more have to sign up to get to break even.

Cmon guys.. Shug put in a mountain of effort to set this up for the Nomads. If you love the Jags and are overseas sign up. Think of it as a season ticket. You don,t always use that every other week if your home.

If you don,t use it you lose it! And you also lose it for those guys who have signed up already.

That's persuasive. I'll reconsider, but if I sign up then something else will have to give, e.g. the various fund-raisers for player sponsorship. The question then becomes: is it better for the club to struggle to break even for a relatively small number of overseas supporters, or to get in more funds that go towards youth, players etc?

If any single act is taken in isolation, we could lose sight of the bigger benefit to be had by encouraging a mutually beneficial bond between the Club and those supporters who are unable to get to Firhill - the core of the Nomad family. With approx 750 Nomads with a good number coming from other countries, we have shown both here and on Facebook that we can raise funds when motivated.

I suggest all parties remain motivated. UK Nomads can get their "season Ticket" as I do for lots of Jagszone goodies and the prospect of seeing the Jags in full a few hours after the game.

That is the core reason for Nomad existence.

I guess the threat comes from Nomad numbers and the International uptake. If Shuggie reckons there are 750 Nomads and only 20 have signed up then there is a threat as only overseas guys get the match live if they want it.

Have you got numbers yet Shug?

Still the Jags themselves could boost this uptake by skellping Aberdeen in the cup.

Edited by topcat

I was all set to sign up but for some reason my postcode is not recognised when trying to set up my account so unable to proceed further with it. I emailed the club at the time but never heard back from them. Same went for trying to buy a calendar for this year, previously not had an issue getting one but since the move to the new system I can't get an account because I have an invalid postcode!

I don't know if its just me but if other Nomads are having difficulties then the club aren't making it easy for themselves.

Deco City Jag

The word on the street from another Nomad is at the beginning just put in a UK postcode. Maybe a relative you know back here. Once signed up you can then go into chnage address function and it allows you to update. Go to the main forum for a thread I started for help. Hope I will be updating my totalizer soon!

From Twinny

So I've just had a go, it seems that once you are registered it is fine, the change address function allows you to select country and then changes the fields to the appropriate country. I don't remember having this happen when I signed up, which is one reason why I would have used my UK address I guess.

regards

Topcat

I've been signed up since it started and it's excellent, get on board Nomads it's worth every penny

This!

Also been signed up since the start. Don't always get to see the live games due to travelling to/from games here in Germany, but will then watch either the highlights or full-match the following day.

Good commentary team as well. Nothing like the clowns on the likes of rangers/celtic.tv.

Objective / constructive critiscism of Thistle when required as well as praise for opponents when deserved.

For any Nomads not sure about this, the picture quality is excellent, the commentary is far better than any radio or tv I've seen, half time interviews are very informative and lighthearted, plus the cost, it really is cheap as chips, at around £11 a month it's like buying Archie a pint every Saturday, and lets be honest we'd all buy Archie a pint every Saturday

• Like 2

For any Nomads not sure about this, the picture quality is excellent, the commentary is far better than any radio or tv I've seen, half time interviews are very informative and lighthearted, plus the cost, it really is cheap as chips, at around £11 a month it's like buying Archie a pint every Saturday, and lets be honest we'd all buy Archie a pint every Saturday

Every word true. Commentary is as objective as can be reasonably expected. Picture quality is great. Preview and post match interviews with the manager and a couple of players before and after every first team fixture. Development squad coverage. It's great stuff. Buy it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shuggie

I hope the club keeps this going.

The reason I've not signed up is because of current location i.e . Northampton.

The site won't allow me to take out global membership because of some arcane broadcasting law about being in the UK.

The fact it might be quicker for me to travel and watch a game live in France or indeed watch on TV than go to Firhill seems lost on them

Any help that anyone can offer would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shuggie

I hope the club keeps this going.

The reason I've not signed up is because of current location i.e . Northampton.

The site won't allow me to take out global membership because of some arcane broadcasting law about being in the UK.

The fact it might be quicker for me to travel and watch a game live in France or indeed watch on TV than go to Firhill seems lost on them

Any help that anyone can offer would be appreciated

Yes unfortunately those who are local Nomads still have the same problem. I don,t know if the old changing your proxy still works. This was a trick that allowed your PC to have an IP address that made you appear to be located internationally. I took the £12.99 package just to donate to the club but I know not everyone can afford that. I do sometimes get work overseas so will come in handy then. I would still encourage you to at the least take the £5.99 Jagzone offer as you still get to see the matches later and get live commentary which is excellent.

Anyone know more about using a proxy?

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone deciding on signing up to this.

It's excellent. I'm in Saudi Arabia and never thought i'd be able to watch Thistle live except for televised games. It 'forced' me to get a new telly up on the wall in the garden, wife in the house watching some other nonsense while the weans and I watch Thistle outside. Perfect.

Few teething problems when it first started but the stream is pretty much faultless for me now and i'd say my internet connection is average at best.

In addition to watching the games, it's a way of me contributing financially to the club while i'm working away from home. With that and the Player Fund i'm probably putting more in than I was when I was at home. (The wife is unaware of this obviously!)

Edited by cjptfc
  • Like 2

Well I just downloaded google HOLA vpn and it seems to do the trick.

You open the ptfc.co.uk website page as normal

You then click on the hola icon on the toolbar and it asks what country you want to pick. I picked America and then it connects to the PTFC website via that country. I then entered the Jagzone and brought up Live streaming. Normally this would say content not available in this country but this time it opened.

If that is the case the likes of yourself Shuggie could buy the "£12.99" package and watch the match live too. Looking forward to trying it on my first home match if I can,t make it to Firhill