Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw/replays!

Lindau

4 hot balls

4 cold balls

2 idiots who will obey the which ball to draw instruction

bingo! top 4 get home ties all 'diddy' teams away

sponsors wet dream

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

could some mathematical probability expert please tell me the chances of that draw actually happening .

we ain't no diddy team we are partick thistle

Shite draw. After watching some of that hunmince earlier, I would've quite fancied our chances there. Aberdeen, though, are hardly invincible, and a bit of luck coupled with a relatively full squad to choose from might just see us pull off an unfancied win up there. Nonetheless, it's the second worst draw we could've got.

I'm sure the organisers aren't the slightest bit Duke of Kent; it just looks that way, hugely.

• Like 1

Yes it would have been nice to get a home draw but however there was a lot of negativity going into the tie v st johnstone so hopefully that result will let us be positve going to aberdeen to get a result afterall theres not a great deal between both teams up to now in terms of competing so fingers crossed this may change

With a half share of a 10k crowd + TV cash a reasonably lucrative afternoon in store. Plus not playing RFC / CFC always a positive in my book.

if we get the TV game then as you say tv money l, plus nearly half game and quarter round prize money get us about £120k handy for extending contracts, signing possibilities etc

Yippee! Another visit to Pittodrie. Segregated entrance that can offer over a quarter of a mile tour of the ground. Full body search for septuagenarians. Restricted view of the pitch. With gate share there's no guarantee of course that concession tickets will be as low as the customary £19. Lovely view of a Halliburton advertising poster, of which they must be oh so proud. What's there not to like about the draw?

we ain't no diddy team we are partick thistle

I & you know we're not - however 'diddy' referred to the perception out there that we are a team to be tolerated and under no circumstances lauded by the SFA/TV partially due to a smaller fan base and decades without getting near a trophy

On the subject of a previous post by Big Col, I would take issue with his perception of gloryhunters at semifinals - at the previous semifinal all those years ago my missus and bairns went (they don't usually although the missus did gloryhunt this season at the ICT game in August & the Formatine cup game - she's a lucky charm as we won both)... in addition to that other members of the famiily came north from London and back from Europe for the Hampden game with their bairns - should they stop supporting from wherever as they cannot make it back to Firhill regularly enough for Big Col's I'm a better fan than you short leet?

I'm a better fan than you short leet?

Please don't misquote me and make things up. At no point did I say that and I would never engage in such nonsense - there are others on here who already do that. You are another person who has misinterpreted what I said. Read my second post which clarifies what I meant and tell me if you are happy with a drop of 7000 between the semi final and our next home game.

Edited by Big Col

FFS, some people throwing in the towel 3 weeks before the game. Sat game v St J was a canter, I never thought at any point they were going to score, and that with a patched up team.

Aberdeen IMO apart from Hayes and McGinn are very beatable, but not if we approach it like a bunch of shitebags and think that we are inferior to the opposition. Positivity is important in games like this, we could / should have been 2-0 up before they scored last week at Pittodrie, so another performance like that, take 1 chance and let's see how we do.

• Like 3

could some mathematical probability expert please tell me the chances of that draw actually happening .

That exact draw in that exact order would be 1/8 x 1/7 x 1/6 x 1/5 x 1/4 x 1/3 x 1/2 = 1/40320

To get that draw with the ties coming out ion any order need to divide that by 4x3x2x1 = 1/1680

To have all of the "big" 4 at home is much more likely 4/8 x 4/7 x 3/6 x 3/5 x 2/4 x 2/3 x 1/2 = 1/70

Rangers getting 14 out of 16 home ties I'm still working on, but it is going to be highly unlikely !

That exact draw in that exact order would be 1/8 x 1/7 x 1/6 x 1/5 x 1/4 x 1/3 x 1/2 = 1/40320 To get that draw with the ties coming out ion any order need to divide that by 4x3x2x1 = 1/1680 To have all of the "big" 4 at home is much more likely 4/8 x 4/7 x 3/6 x 3/5 x 2/4 x 2/3 x 1/2 = 1/70 Rangers getting 14 out of 16 home ties I'm still working on, but it is going to be highly unlikely !

Think we need Zaphod Beeblebrox to run the "Improbability" drive to give us that figure!

That exact draw in that exact order would be 1/8 x 1/7 x 1/6 x 1/5 x 1/4 x 1/3 x 1/2 = 1/40320 To get that draw with the ties coming out ion any order need to divide that by 4x3x2x1 = 1/1680 To have all of the "big" 4 at home is much more likely 4/8 x 4/7 x 3/6 x 3/5 x 2/4 x 2/3 x 1/2 = 1/70 Rangers getting 14 out of 16 home ties I'm still working on, but it is going to be highly unlikely !

http://calculator.tutorvista.com/coin-toss-probability-calculator.html (if we take a Home draw to be a Heads toss) tell us that The Rangers getting 8 home ties out of their last 8 was 256-1, and 14 of 16 is 546-1. I've always laughed when people talk about rigged draws, but these are pretty long odds......

As for ours, at least it's not Celtic. It's not unimaginable that we could grind out a draw there and beat them at Firhill. I can't see us winning at Pittodrie.

Please don't misquote me and make things up. At no point did I say that and I would never engage in such nonsense - there are others on here who already do that. You are another person who has misinterpreted what I said. Read my second post which clarifies what I meant and tell me if you are happy with a drop of 7000 between the semi final and our next home game.

I can guarantee you Big Col that you were neither misquoted nor misinterpreted as my commentary was based upon your original statement which went (to remind you) as follows:

- Would love a tie against a lower league side for a better chance of getting to Hampden so the thousands of glory hunting Jags "fans" that don't go to any other cup or league games can have a day out

Whilst you did indeed later attempt to dig yourself out & justify the comment in the 10k to 3k scenario, it was by any stretch of the imagination a shockingly poor choice of words initially. In failing to retract them I can only surmise that you are of the opinion that there are different categories of "fans" ( your quotation marks not mine) in your eyes whose sense of entitlement is equally ranked.

In my post, of the 14 in the extended family who attended the last semifinal, only myself is a semi-regular ... on a 1:14 ratio it's no surprise to me that normal attendances are lower when compared to big games like semifinals or the Morton game a few years ago.