Jam Tarts 25/02/2017

Lindau

Not been his biggest fan but thought Devine was outstanding today, he and Lindsay refused to be bullied by the hertz forwards, showed great maturity. Also thought Edwards ran his socks off chasing down in the second half particularly.

Devine has been a revelation since mid-December.

Long may it continue.

Agree about Devine, looks a totally different player and was outstanding yet again. Keown is also turning into a very shrewd signing, another extremely accomplished performance. I'm still of the belief that Barton is far better at the back but it was good to see him get on to the end of a lot of Cerny's goal kicks. An excellent couple of weeks.

I thought that was truly excellent today. Very rarely if ever have I seen thistle boss a premier league game from start to finish like that. They could still be playing now and hearts wouldn't have scored.

I've thought all season that this is the best team we've had in nearly 40 years; now we're starting to show it.

• Like 5

I thought that was truly excellent today. Very rarely if ever have I seen thistle boss a premier league game from start to finish like that. They could still be playing now and hearts wouldn't have scored.

I've thought all season that this is the best team we've had in nearly 40 years; now we're starting to show it.

I'm beginning to think you might be right. This team has the potential to go far.

Great result today and throughly deserved.

The 3 centre backs were superb and keown never lost a header. The easiest game cerny will have all season.

Only issue was we gave away possession far too easily in the middle of the park.

Doolan could have had a hat trick in the first half but if it wasn't for good goal keeping (and maybe a header straight at him) we could have went in at half time more comfortable.

The difference in the team mentality was massive. There players didn't look as if they knew who each other were. Absolute no togetherness and too many Jonny Foreigners. The difference being when lawless bullied their player out the park near the end and at least 5 thistle players gave him a hand slap to show how well he done was great too see.

Cerny in the crowd at the end showed how much this means to the team. If I was a hearts fan I would be gutted at the way cathro has took this team.

• Like 1

This is a superb result for us. Three Premiership teams heartily gubbed by us in quick succession, and not a goal ceded (if I'm thinking right).

I can't honestly think of the last time when we had a management unit that was bringing us the top flight stability that we're currently being served up by Messrs Archibald and Paterson. I'm working (maybe dangerously) on the assumption that we're staying up yet again.

I am a very happy and contented Thistle fan right now.

• Like 1

Defence was as solid as I can remember. Sad to say we should enjoy this time as Mssrs Archibald, Paterson and Lindsay will be snapped up very soon. Dools and Squiddy were awesome at ripping their defenders to shreds. Midfield were very good at containing as they were happy to let Hearts pass the ball about aimlessly though I would like Barton to release the ball a little earlier. I know he ouses class but he got his pocket picked more than once today and needs to cut that out. That being said, not a failure in the team. Liam Lindsay wins every high ball and is imo, a future Scotland international albeit with a 'fashionable' team. Devine and Keown were also awesome. From positions they had no right to win the ball, they consistently came from behind to beat the Hearts forward to the ball. No wonder Congalves (sp) got sent off as not just him but a good number of their guys...No 4 should have gone too. All in all....proud to be a Jag and may Mssrs Archibald, Paterson and Lindsay (all Scotsmen) reign.

Undoubtably one of our best performances in Archies 4 year reign. The defence was absolutely rock solid with Lindsay magnificent and Devine and Keown not far behind. Everybody put a shift in and we didn't have one single failure. Have read elsewhere people saying Hearts were poor. Maybe they were but don't let that detract from a great performance from our team. I thought once we got the defence sorted we would be OK and my goodness this has to be one of the best defences we have had in years. Fantastic keeper, 3/4 excellent centre backs and two great full backs. Not complaining but surprised Dools got the MOTM, Liam Lindsay for me, was magnificent.