Quarter Final Partick Thistle Vs Aberdeen Sunday 5 March

jagfox

How often do we not turn up when we bring a big support or have high expectations, just once I'd love to see us make a major final.

I'm 43 yr old and seen us in 1 Scottish Cup semi final, I wonder if I ever will

We've not made a Scottish Cup final since 1930, or a league cup Final since 1971, I would happily take relegation to see us lift the Scottish Cup.

St Mirren, Killie, Airdrie, St Johnstone, Caley, County,Motherwell, Raith, Ayr, f*****n Gretna have all made or won finals in my time, when's it our turn??

That's my logic too Norge.

I was fortunate enought to be there in 1971 at the age of 14 and thinking then there would be a few more days like those.

Not so, so far. Archie is taking us in the right direction for sure, and I guess that the disappointment today is in large part due to the anticipation that has been built up with the undeniable progress that has been made over the last four years.

One other thing - am I the only one that didn't think that Abduls's header at the end was a sitter? In my view he did well to get anything onto the cross.

One other thing - am I the only one that didn't think that Abduls's header at the end was a sitter? In my view he did well to get anything onto the cross.

Absolutely - a chance but far from being a sitter. Some perspective required overall here I think - did people really think we were going to go up there and play AFC off the park?

• Like 1

Absolutely - a chance but far from being a sitter. Some perspective required overall here I think - did people really think we were going to go up there and play AFC off the park?

It's not that we expected to play them off the park, but to have a go. Even Archie said we would go there and have a go. Did we? Nowhere near it.

That's my logic too Norge.

I was fortunate enought to be there in 1971 at the age of 14 and thinking then there would be a few more days like those.

Not so, so far. Archie is taking us in the right direction for sure, and I guess that the disappointment today is in large part due to the anticipation that has been built up with the undeniable progress that has been made over the last four years.

Add to that list Dunfermline, Livingstone, Dundee, Falkirk & Dundee. 2 finals in 60 years, won 1 lost 1. Seriously proud of what Archie and the club are doing at the moment, but winning the cup or at least getting a cup final experience at Hampden is what I want over anything else, seen promotion, staying up, relegation and mid table boredom, give us the cup

Awful game & performance...I lost interest long before the end...we never looked remotely like scoring & wouldn't have deserved a draw...Aberdeen didn't have to be that good to win comfortably.

Other than excellent goal-keeping from Cerny and our defence restricting Aberdeen to relatively few chances, we offered nothing. Our midfield & wing backs gave Doolan & Erskine little to work on - I'm guessing that Barton was injured but he had a poor game and he is much better as a central defender...Osman is a good ball-winner but keeps heading the ball on to nobody...Edwards chases after the ball but doesn't do much when he gets it.

On a poor playing surface and against competent opposition we looked a very limited team...I know we can be better than that but nobody watching on TV will have been impressed and no armchair Thistle fans will be enthused about taking in a game at Firhill.

I am all for giving youth a chance but couldn't believe Amoo wasn't brought on instead of Nisbet. Only 1-0 down and by all accounts Amoo ran them ragged up there the last time, a fact stated by Archie himself in the pre match interview. We needed to get width and someone running at their defence. To go out the cup with a display like that is a sore one to take but a top 6 finish will mean we have had a very good season, so the players need to dust themselves down and make sure that we achieve that!

• Like 1

Yup, they will want to make sure Sevco get the easiest game. Not that it will be that easy, Hibs could still give them a hard time. Maybe with that in mind they'll draw them against Celtic so they can be sure of an OF cup game.

Cup draw Celtic v Sevco; Dons v Hibs

Was offshore once when we played St Johnstone in a midweek top of the table clash. Told everyone what a great game it would be and it was the worst game in history

Kept my mouth shut this time but that fair was not much better. Feel deflated by going out with a whimper.

• Like 1

I don't think having to play on Wednesday did us any favours either. Poor fixture scheduling.

Had nothing to do with the result, even though they played a day earlier than us. We went into today's game on a great run, they went into it on the back of a defeat to a team in the bottom 2. We lost today because it looked like we were more than happy to get a replay at Firhill. The lack us having a go, in a SC quarter final when one down, was dreadful.

• Like 2

Agree with the consensus above, Aberdeen deserved to win because we created nothing until Abdul's header while Tomas kept us in it. We started really well but once the game as played in the air we weren't at the races. Barton looked as if he was carrying an injury and I would question Lawless coming on in this type of game. I did agree with the introduction of two fresh strikers though. I'm sure Archie was trying to go for it but we weren't good enough.

We are good enough to make the top six so let's put it behind us and achieve it.

Finally well done to all the fans who created a great atmosphere. Let's now get behind the lads for a big push for that too six place.

Couldn't make the game today, working last night & tonight.

From what I saw though, I thought McInnes paid us a huge complement by doing to us exactly what we've been doing to other teams for the past 4 or 5 weeks. 5 across the middle of the park, difficult to break down & looking to feed off what you can going forward. They did it better than us on the day.

They're the 2nd best team in the league & I reckon there are only 2 of our current squad that would get in to that Aberdeen side & improve it (Cerny & Osman). That's just the harsh reality of Football.

• Like 1

The Osman Edwards Barton midfield 3 just didn't work at all. Barton didn't look interested, he was woeful today. looked like a big fairy and shat out of every tackle. Edwards ran about like a heidless chicken and Osman was trying to do his job while carrying the other two. hopefully this game will give the players a boot in the baws. Cerny and Osman would be the only ones who would get pass marks. pish.bring on ICT next week.

When the Jags go up to lift the Scottish Cup, we'll be dead, we'll be dead........

Only joking - we'll get it next year.

Aberdeen were absolute gash today; unfortunately, we were even worse. It's a shame we couldn't produce a performance when our opponents were there for the taking.

Back to high standards against ICT next weekend, please.

• Like 1