Harry Wraggs Vs Caley Jags

jagfox

Having missed the last three home games through illness, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today. Both that I manage it and for the result.

Only thing I'm wondering about. Should I wear the Doolan 100 scarf?

Bring it folded in your coat pocket; then produce it with a flourish when Dools knocks his second in !

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

Having missed the last three home games through illness, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for today. Both that I manage it and for the result.

Only thing I'm wondering about. Should I wear the Doolan 100 scarf?

Bring it folded in your coat pocket; then produce it with a flourish when Dools knocks his second in !

Nonsense, its a 100% 6 pointer. As for 6 places above them, that means hee haw. Defeat tomorrow and the garden doesnt look so rosey anymore. First and foremost we need to win to stay in the league. 3 points will keep us on course for top 6

Perhaps my use of garbage was a bit strong, and I appologise to JeanieD for any offence caused. It is however a term which I detest even when used correctly. In this case, we are not going tobe invoved in any relegation battle and Inverness are not going to get close to top 6. As Roque says, if this is a 6 pointer then every game is, which completely negates the use of the term.

Hearts, St. Johnstone, Dundee and perhaps Kilmarnock and Rangers are the teams that we are in direct competion with.

It was a pretty good performance today. Played some nice stuff in the 1st half without creating (m)any clear cut chances. Erskine and Lawless were on song and we restricted ICT to only a couple of long range efforts. Our rhythm was disrupted a bit with the injuries to Abdul and Lawless. Took us a little while to get going in 2nd, but once we scored we played well again and were only denied by a couple of instinctive saves by their goalie. For me there were no failures today, the defence looked solid, Edwards harried and hassled all day and Erskine and Doolan linked up really well. Amoo had a good game on the right getting past his man time and again. I am not quite sure what happened at the end, but it isn't as if we were defending deep as were doing earlier in the season.

Next week is another big game.

How did that happen? Inverness were not the worst side I've seen at Firhill this season but I thought we had defended pretty well with Keown & Lindsay winning just about every high ball...then we switched off to allow them too much time to make the cross.

We played reasonably well but didn't make too many clear chances despite getting in to good positions to cross on about 30 occasions. We never picked out our own player in the box with Dumbuya & Booth particular culprits. I have been critical of Amoo but he beat the full back umpteen times and got to the bye line - we don't seem to have players who time their runs into clear space.

The injuries to Osman & Lawless disrupted the flow of the side with Lawless causing real problems to their defence. We are running out of options in midfield - Doolan playing deeper is not ideal but he still scored yet another well taken goal. Azeez did well in holding the ball up and pressing defenders but will we ever see him score...or even have a decent effort at goal? Erskine & Barton are a pleasure to watch.

No idea why their goal was chalked off in the first half...I thought the main stand linesman had failed to call a blatant offside 10 minutes earlier so I was pleased when I saw he had his flag up for no obvious reason.

Thought we lost our way a wee bit when Abdul and Stevie went off. Credit to Archie as we seemed to sort it out at half time. Need to see the replay but think we got a break when their 1st half goal was ruled out. Caley would have been a different proposition if they'd gone ahead. We had a couple of chances which with a bit of composure would have given us a two goal lead. Disappointed not to get the win but can't fault the effort of the team. Onwards to next week.

• Like 1

What's it like to be a Jags fan? We totally dominated this match and then .....

Anyway well done all the team. Ryan Edwards was my man of the match, David Amoo added a new dimension to our attack, Lawless was outstanding until he got hurt, Doolan and Erskine were creative and big Ade was superb in holding up the ball and yet they stole a draw.

Ah well, Dools is now on 99, now who do we play next week?

So 100 up and three points and today is history.

Monthejags.