Harry Wraggs Vs Caley Jags

jagfox

Well that was a right boot in the Georgie Dawes for many reasons. Two points dropped, two important players crocked and when they hobbled down the touch line in the second half they didn't look as if they would be fit for next week, especially Abs, was waiting for Thistle for £180 on two coupons that started last night. Plus points...thought Amoo played as well as he has this season when he came on and Ade did some tremendous hold up work, up front. MOTM for me, by the proverbial country mile, was Niall Keown. The boy didn't lose a header all afternoon and has an old head on his young shoulders. If Liam does leave, it would be great if we could get young Niall in as a replacement. As for the referee, I honestly thought Collum had improved this season, but he was back to his whistle happy, infuriating worst today. Just why he booked Amoo for his first foul when it was hardly a vicious assault, only he can explain

Edited by Lindau

Well that was a right boot in the Georgie Dawes for many reasons. Two points dropped, two important players crocked and when they hobbled down the touch line in the second half they didn't look as if they would be fit for next week, especially Abs, was waiting for Thistle for £180 on two coupons that started last night. Plus points...thought Amoo played as well as he has this season when he came on and Ade did some tremendous hold up work, up front. MOTM for me, by the proverbial country mile, was Niall Keown. The boy didn't lose a header all afternoon and has an old head on his young shoulders. If Liam does leave, it would be great if we could get young Niall in as a replacement. As for the referee, I honestly thought Collum had improved this season, but he was back to his whistle happy, infuriating worst today. Just why he booked Amoo for his first foul when it was hardly a vicious assault, only he can explain

Will never be able to afford him so might as well bin that idea now !

Will never be able to afford him so might as well bin that idea now !

We could get him on loan and he will be in the last year of his contract next season as well. Stranger things have happened. He has obviously learned well from his old man. His timing in the air for a guy that is not overly big for a central defender is fantastic. He never lost a header all day

Edited by Lindau

What's it like to be a Jags fan? We totally dominated this match and then .....

Anyway well done all the team. Ryan Edwards was my man of the match, David Amoo added a new dimension to our attack, Lawless was outstanding until he got hurt, Doolan and Erskine were creative and big Ade was superb in holding up the ball and yet they stole a draw.

Ah well, Dools is now on 99, now who do we play next week?

So 100 up and three points and today is history.

Monthejags.

ryan Edwards attitude and energy are fantastic. However both he and booth should have probably stopped the caley player from scoring at the end, instead they kind of switched off. Ryan could also maybe work on some of his shooting- had a decent chance which he ballooned over the bar first half. I thought between Keown, Lindsay and Doolan for man of the match.

David Amoo is an enigma - some of his running on the wing and passing into the box was sheer brilliance, but on 2 occasions the ball came into the box where he was and just required a touch from him and it was in the net but he just stood like a statue.

All Cerny had to do the whole game was pick the ball out of the net twice luckily for us the first time didn't count

We could get him on loan and he will be in the last year of his contract next season as well. Stranger things have happened. He has obviously learned well from his old man. His timing in the air for a guy that is not overly big for a central defender is fantastic. He never lost a header all day

completely agree hope we do everything we can possibly to do to keep both Niall and Liam. I guess the further up the table and more money we then generate gives us as much chance as we can to do so
  • Like 1

First half disallowed goal for Inverness it did seem clear to me even from the North Stand that Billy McKay was well offside and was obstructing Tomas Cerny's view of the ball. Therefore I was expecting the flag to go up and was surprised when this did not happen and then of course relieved when the flag was finally raised 10 seconds later.

First half disallowed goal for Inverness it did seem clear to me even from the North Stand that Billy McKay was well offside and was obstructing Tomas Cerny's view of the ball. Therefore I was expecting the flag to go up and was surprised when this did not happen and then of course relieved when the flag was finally raised 10 seconds later.

You must have pretty good eyesight then PTD. From my position in the NS I saw nothing wrong with the goal.

completely agree hope we do everything we can possibly to do to keep both Niall and Liam. I guess the further up the table and more money we then generate gives us as much chance as we can to do so

Hope so as well TL. He has now played more games for us in his 8 or so weeks at the club than he has in four years at Reading. If you don't ask, you don't get. Would love him to be here next year and he quite clearly enjoys playing for the club.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Oh my! What a drama queen!

You are the biggest drama queen on this forum and you do seem to get upset very easily...lol. Glad you had a good laugh at us losing a last minute goal. Everybody round about me in the North was gutted. Sorta sums up a lot of your previous posts about the club.

Edited by Lindau

You are the biggest drama queen on this forum and you do seem to get upset very easily...lol. Glad you had a good laugh at us losing a last minute goal. Everybody round about me in the North was gutted. Sorta sums up a lot of your previous posts about the club.

Hahaha. You do make me laugh Lindau. I will say that for you. Are you too thick to see that the comment was rhetorical? If you don't laugh you would cry. As much as I was annoyed at losing a late goal (again) I am not going to cry over it as it is only a game. Lighten up.

As much as I was annoyed at losing a late goal (again) I am not going to cry over it as it is only a game. Lighten up.

I honestly don't know the answer to this, but when did we last lose a vital late goal? Still you had a good laugh, that's all that matters, eh, GRE....lol. Me, lighten up? You obviously have forgotten our little PM spat about a year ago, when you were upset (as usual) about something that I said. You do seem to get upset very easily, so I will refrain from commenting on your posts from now on.......well at the moment anyway, ha!

Edited by Lindau

I honestly don't know the answer to this, but when did we last lose a vital late goal? Still you had a good laugh, that's all that matters, eh, GRE....lol. Me, lighten up? You obviously have forgotten our little PM spat about a year ago, when you were upset (as usual) about something that I said. You do seem to get upset very easily, so I will refrain from commenting on your posts from now on.......well at the moment anyway, ha!

Christ! Yes I do get annoyed, but have a look at yourself as well.

Ryan Edwards attitude and energy are fantastic. However both he and Booth should have probably stopped the caley player from scoring at the end, instead they kind of switched off.

Haven't seen any video as yet but if you're correct it possibly highlights our one defensive weakness yesterday. I'm always rather reluctant to criticise our full backs from a defensive point of view due to the way we set up. The like's of Welsh and Osman usually slot in to cover. Muzzy at least had Amoo for company but Booth had to bomb up and down the left on his own once Lawless was subbed. Yesterday Edwards was forced to double up on duties for two thirds of the game.

The goal coming so late on possibly highlights a bit of tiredness, or indecision thru tiredness, As I say I haven't seen any replays as yet but I think it would be understandable if that was at least part of the reason for losing the late goal.

• Like 1

We have no one to blame for the dropping of two points but ourselves! Little we can do about it now, apart from ensuring we beat Killie next week.

Agree. We dominated the game but too often our final ball was poor or when it was decent players in the box didn't move quickly enough to get on to it. I don't think we tested their keeper enough considering how much possession we had.

That is one thing for next season - and I believe barring a terrible collapse we will stay up - we have enough defenders and midfielders signed up for next year (we may lose Lindsay but we'll get more than enough money to replace him) the big thing we need is to find someone to complement Doolan (fill in for him too when injured/off form), someone who also has 10+ goals a season in him. Surely we can find that, it's not that we're looking for a Dembele or something. Maybe we also need an ex-forward to coach our front line players?

Edited by Mr Bunny

We are struggling with injuries at the moment but if we can do enough to avoid defeat (or sneak a win) against Killie then we have the international break coming up which gives players two weeks to recover. Couldn't have come at a better moment the way things are just now.

Edited by Mr Bunny