Development League Game V. Motherwell

Mr Bunny

I thought that too. As you can see only following on the web text thingy so it may be McLaughlin isn't thought to be physically strong enough yet. I've seen Nesbit a couple of times in short appearances in the first team and he does seem physically strong enough. Could easily risk him in a game if you had to, I think all he lacks is experience now and there's only one way to get that.

Great entertainment. Fully expected a defeat given Motherwell are high flyers and knocked us out the cup when we had a stronger line up than tonight. Motherwell also threw in a couple of overagers into the bargain. So I thought when they went a goal up so early it might be a case of damage limitation. I'm often wrong but rarely so wrong.

McLaughlin was deservedly MotM. Not just for his hat-trick. His link up play was excellent, as was his assist for Nisbet's goal. Great team effort, tho', and we even managed to take off two of our strongest players for younger subs.

After the free scoring first half it was imperative we didn't let 'Well back in the game. I was impressed with the passage of play just after the interval when we protected our very young back three, absorbed any pressure and killed the game a while. Our 6th goal was one of the finest I've seen at this level. Definitely well worth watching the video highlights for that goal alone.

• Like 1

Never been to a live game or bothered to watch the highlights but watched the 10

mins on Jagzone.the boy Lamont looked like a class act, along with Mcglaughlin and Nisbet.Nisbet looks like the guy who is too big and strong for his age group, would love to see him get a run of game once we are safe.I thought Motherwell looked terrible!both keepers weren't up to much either. cracking interviews from the boys afterwards, looks like they both love playing for Thistle and are desperate to make the first team.

Never been to a live game or bothered to watch the highlights but watched the 10

mins on Jagzone.the boy Lamont looked like a class act, along with Mcglaughlin and Nisbet.Nisbet looks like the guy who is too big and strong for his age group, would love to see him get a run of game once we are safe.I thought Motherwell looked terrible!both keepers weren't up to much either. cracking interviews from the boys afterwards, looks like they both love playing for Thistle and are desperate to make the first team.

Just shows you how a few minutes highlights can give anyone a distorted opinion. Motherwell's U20s are anything but terrible. Definitely in the top 3 or 4 in the league. Our keeper, Cullen, was obviously at fault with the first goal but he's helped earn the team many a point throughout the season with his performances. To say he's not up to much is way off the mark.

I don't subscribe to Jagszone so who are the lads being interviewed?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Not sure Cullen could be blamed that much - their first goal was a bit of a fluke for instance. I thought the Motherwell keeper at fault for 2 of our goals but most keepers would have been beaten by the other efforts.

@LIB

It was McLaughlin and Lamont who were interviewed. Both came over as having good attitudes and McLaughlin seems bit of a bubbly character but I suppose goal scorers are usually confident kind of guys.

I would be happy to see Nesbit appear in the first team even now (though more realistic for him to make a sub appearance in the last quarter/third of a game I suppose) and once we are secure in the top six see McLaughlin get some time in the big team. In fact if we make top 6 secure quite a few young lads would be worth a try-out.

Edited by Mr Bunny