Motherwell 08/04/2017

Lindau

Just back home quickly before hitting the West End. Cerny's save from that header was world class. Was sure it was behind him and in but somehow he got it back and out. Opposite from Wednesday, we were in total command in the first half and could have been 2 or 3 up but looked a tired side in the second and we're hanging on for dear life at the end. Need a drink. What a season this has been!

• Like 1

First half was incredible.

Second half I witnessed something I've wanted to see for years.....

The Jags are now streetwise!

Staying down injured when under pressure, keeping the ball in the right areas (mostly) and not falling for Well's hatchet men tactics.

Well done to all concerned, a brilliant season.

p.s. Nice to see young McCarthy giving Lesley a taste of his own medicine!

• Like 3

Can anybody believe that crowd was less than 4000 today? Pretty sure they said 810 Well fans leaving just over 3000 of us. JHS looked pretty busy from my view in the North and the North was busy as well. Pretty baffling, though admittedly my mince pies ain't as good as they used to be!

• Like 1

I think scoring with pretty much our first attack today, lured us into a false sense of security. We played really well in the 1st 30-35 minutes and should have scored two more except for a bit of nonchalance from Dollan and Lawless.After that we hardly had the ball and were under a lot of pressure with no real scoring threat from Well, largely due to another superb defensive display. I know Doolan scored and got man of the match, but did Keown miss a header or tackle - I don't think so. Lindsay too had a great game. Elliot wasn't as good as the last 2 or 3 games. 1st half Erskine and Lawless were great too, but fell out of it in the 2nd half. However it is hard enough to play against 11, nevermind the real ref and 2 backseat refs in McDonald and Lasley

What a great season, and for me the best part about it is the continuing improvement as the season has progressed. The club should now be much more stable both financially and in footballing terms than they have ever been since I started supporting them over 40 years ago.

well done Jags, thoroughly deserved!!!

At least 3 referees on the pitch today (not counting that clown Beaton)

Lasley is a horrible horrible individual, as are most of 'well - got what they deserved from the game.

Bring on the sevco.

Did Lasley ever find his watch? He seemed to be telling the ref that it had cone off his wrist for most of the second half.

• Like 1

The sun shone, there was a noisy crowd, Dools scored and we are now in the top six. Maryhill truly is wonderful.

Great performances from all thirteen players, all of them deserved the man of the match award, but most of all a huge thanks to Archie, Shaggy and the others behind the scenes.

Some of the football we played in the first half was unbelievable and we coped well with their imaginative high ball tactics in the second half.

The save Thomas made was world class but my lasting memory will be Ryan Edwards running forty yards to win the ball in the corner in the last five minutes. To me that sums up the spirit around Firhill this season.

And to cap it all Jackie Campbell made the halftime draw.

For me that was the best day out watching the Jags in a long time.

I hope all the players and staff have a good night out tonight. OTIG.

• Like 1

The performance of Devine , Keown and Lindsay was a fitting tribute to Jackie Campbell.

Total regaurd action in the second half but the team's commitment , effort and passion was magnificent. Coming out of that game with a clean sheet is testomony to how many of they guys are giving all for the jersey.

Cerny's save was as good as anything Ive seen going back to the days of Rough.

So proud of the players at the end.