Cerny's Save

Jag

Guys in the North Stand may have had a better view but I was shocked Cerny made that save today. As others have suggested in game thread it was the best they have seen and I told my son, who was unable to get to the game today, the exact same thing when I spoke to him.

An incredible save from a brilliant goalkeeper. Looking forward to seeing on TV.

Cerny made a save at McDiarmid early last season that I reckoned was the best I had seen, and would ever see, from a Thistle 'keeper.

Only three words are required to fully describe the save I witnessed this afternoon: un.... flippin'.... believable!

Really pleased for every one of us, and everyone connected with the club that we secured top six today - but especially for our goalie, who has made a huge contribution to that success.

Very proud to support this club, Archie, Shaggy, all the staff, and this group of players....

Edited by ScottyDFA
  • Like 3

The ball seemed to be partly over the line right in the bottom corner, How he got his hand on it and managed to get it round the post was astonishing. Amazing he didn't hit it off the post and in. It took me a second to realise the ball wasn't in the net. A match-winning moment.

Twenty years from now when people ask what is the best save youve ever seen that one will be high on the list.,,,,,,,,,Brilliant

Seriously, and I can only go with what I saw in the split second it happened, but it must be up there with the Banks save against Brazil or am I exaggerating?? I am not sure how he dug that one out. Now we have the Top 6 money guaranteed, give him an extended two year contract. Dools obviously got MOTM for the goal, but that award should have went to Cerny for that incredible save

• Like 1

Seriously, and I can only go with what I saw in the split second it happened, but it must be up there with the Banks save against Brazil or am I exaggerating?? I am not sure how he dug that one out. Now we have the Top 6 money guaranteed, give him an extended two year contract. Dools obviously got MOTM for the goal, but that award should have went to Cerny for that incredible save
If you're exaggerating I'm on that bandwagon too. Made the same Banks/Pele comparison myself when discussing it post match.
  • Like 1

For once I'm jealous of the Northenders who obviously saw something really special this afternoon. They so often don't get the best view of much of a match. From the JHS (South End) it still looked a really fine save but no more. I'm telling all and sundry in the pub tonight that it was comfortable 1-0 as our goalie only had one save to make. Can't wait to see to see the video. Tomas's penalty save during the week was obviously another great stop so he's more than made up for his uncharacteristic error at Rugby Pk.

For once I'm jealous of the Northenders who obviously saw something really special this afternoon. They so often don't get the best view of much of a match. From the JHS (South End) it still looked a really fine save but no more. I'm telling all and sundry in the pub tonight that it was comfortable 1-0 as our goalie only had one save to make. Can't wait to see to see the video. Tomas's penalty save during the week was obviously another great stop so he's more than made up for his uncharacteristic error at Rugby Pk.

I was at the side where he made the save and I am pretty sure it was behind him when he scooped it out. Was certain it was a goal. Agree with what you say though. Don't know how many times I have got things wrong that I was sure were right, only to be disproved when viewed on telly. Looking forward to see if the telly does it justice though. Some of the early online editions of some of the papers are saying it was a wonder save!

Edited by Lindau

The first save was really good as well. I'm far, far away in section 1 (without specs) of the JHS and I could see him deliberately getting in position for the shot after the one that was easier to field. Hat's off.

I was roughly in the same part of the JHS and my initial impression when the header was made was 1-1. I was stunned when Cerny pulled off the save. I never held him to blame for the late equalizer against Inverness but without seeing a playback of today's save I truly believe that it was the harder of the two.

Seriously, this was incredible. I stand about 6 rows back from that post in the Northy, and as my brain had registered a goal for Motherwell, suddenly it was cleared. It looked as if it was over the line ,but it wasn't. A hand clawed it out from under the post. The pace on the ball was only saying Goal, so to see it somehow pushed to safety was absolutely unreal. Best save I've ever seen in 44 years of following The Jags!

The top six achievement means that everyone knows what division we are in. The sixth place money payment probably kicks in. This puts Archie in a great place for contracts and deals. We are a hell of a good club these days.

I was roughly in the same part of the JHS and my initial impression when the header was made was 1-1. I was stunned when Cerny pulled off the save. I never held him to blame for the late equalizer against Inverness but without seeing a playback of today's save I truly believe that it was the harder of the two.

Alan

Are you back in blighty? I am offshore and hopefully back Monday night. How long are you back for and do you want to try and catch a game

Tommy

Gotta admire Cerny. His uncharacteristic error at Rugby Pk cost us 2 points. Next game his penalty save results in one point saved. Yesterday he goes one better and saves us two points. Not the most difficult arithmetic to prove the man's worth to us.

Sorry, appears I have over Doolan-ated in last 24 hours and ran out of likes.

This is maths I can can follow, and succinctly sums up Cerny's net worth to the team.

Cerny made a save at McDiarmid early last season that I reckoned was the best I had seen, and would ever see, from a Thistle 'keeper.

Speaking of great saves at McDiarmid - Stuckmann made an incredible save at the top corner there this season, in the 2-1 last second win, that wasn't included in highlights because the attacker was offside.

Great save from Cerny.