New Players...

Vinnyjag

Its been a long time where I have actively wanted a player to leave. They all bring something to the team, work hard and put in a shift.

For me central midfield is too heavy as it has Welsh, Bannigan, Fraser, Osman, Edwards, Barton and youths. You could lose 2 taking into account budgets and still be ok. We did not miss Bannigan this season when he has been so important and a fans fave in past.

Its been a long time where I have actively wanted a player to leave. They all bring something to the team, work hard and put in a shift.

For me central midfield is too heavy as it has Welsh, Bannigan, Fraser, Osman, Edwards, Barton and youths. You could lose 2 taking into account budgets and still be ok. We did not miss Bannigan this season when he has been so important and a fans fave in past.

Be interesting to see if Bannigan walks back into the team. Of course, he shouldn't.

I'm surprised not to have seen Azeez mentioned in this thread. I know that he brings a lot of other things to the team, but for me, his goals return has not been good enough for a front man. If we have Doolan, with Nesbit as a back up, should we be looking to replace Azeez ?

Imagine Spurs had gotten rid of Son last season who didn't have quite the return on goals that he has this season. He's finding his feet now and still very young. Definitely offers much more than just goals, hope to see the big man stay for a while yet

How much does Azeez really offer us though? He is a physical presence of that there is no doubt and is fast. His decision making when he has time to make a decision is staggering with finishing to match. There is much for him to work on over the summer. I don't think we can afford to wait so long next season for him to add goals to his game. For that reason we need to bring in a goal scoring striker. Another flair player with attacking creative qualities and provided we held on to our existing squad we would be looking good.

Azeez will be kept on for the simple fact that he has brought a lot to the team. Anyone who was at the Ross County game will tell you, we wouldn't have won that game without Azeez coming on when he did. Their defence just couldn't deal with him and in turn he created space for Doolan and our creative midfield players. When we got the 2nd goal he held on to the ball in the corners and kept the pressure off us.

The game at Celtic Park he was outstanding for 90 minutes. I can't believe there are people still writing him off because of his goal return. He brings so much more to the team.

I'd put serious money on him still being here next season.

• Like 2

Can understand negative comments towards Azeez but putting the fact he's under contract aside I feel he's a valuable asset. He's got age on his side and he could/should improve on his modest goalscoring. His decision making will also surely improve. Also if we continue with three at the back the chances of Ade playing as a lone striker are reduced.

I can see Nisbet going back out on loan for first part of the season. He's been physically ready for the first team for a good while now but as a footballer I don't feel he's quite there yet. Could be a striker on a season long loan would suffice. As well as Nisbet I wouldn't rule out Wee McLaughlin featuring for us next season albeit only on the odd occasion . He's got good technique and has that knack of getting into scoring positions.

Not that it's probably needed but here's the players still in contract for next season:

Cerny (2018) Scully (2018)

Dumbuya (2018) Devine (2018) Booth (2018) Lindsay (2019) Penrice (2018)

Osman (2018) Bannigan (2018) Barton (2019)

Erskine (2019) Lawless (2018) Edwards (2018)

Doolan (2019) Nisbet (2018) Azeez (2018)

I'd imagine Elliot and Welsh are likely to re-sign but even without them that looks like a decent basis for a squad. Only slight worry is Lindsay seems likely to go which means bringing in a new centre back. Looking at the above, since Amoo will very likely leave there is room for another winger/attacking midfielder, one preferably with goals in him, in the attacking midfield.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Also if we continue with three at the back the chances of Ade playing as a lone striker are reduced. I can see Nisbet going back out on loan for first part of the season. He's been physically ready for the first team for a good while now but as a footballer I don't feel he's quite there yet. Could be a striker on a season long loan would suffice. As well as Nisbet I wouldn't rule out Wee McLaughlin featuring for us next season albeit only on the odd occasion . He's got good technique and has that knack of getting into scoring positions.

Re Nisbet: I would think (though we still want to pick up points in our last few games) there is a good opportunity to give the likes of Nisbet and McCarthy a run-out in the last few games. They've both had tasters of the first team so we know they won't let the side down. It's the best way to find out if they're ready or need a short loan period.

Re Nisbet: I would think (though we still want to pick up points in our last few games) there is a good opportunity to give the likes of Nisbet and McCarthy a run-out in the last few games. They've both had tasters of the first team so we know they won't let the side down. It's the best way to find out if they're ready or need a short loan period.

Good point. Challenging Hearts for 5th place could quite easily become a forlorn hope early on. Regardless for once we've got the latitude to play two or three youngsters.

I think we will all agree we need to score more goals. Azeez at 23 is relatively young, compared to say, Jimmy Bone. Joking aside, we cant go out and sign the finished article, however, we should have a wee bit extra in the kitty to bring in better quality than we maybe were looking at before. Im sure the management team and himself are working hard to improve that side of his game. He is afterall contracted for another year.

If Lindsay is likely to leave then what value transfer fee are we expecting?

It depends if there is more than one club after him. There'll obviously be a threshold under which we'd knock back any bid. I would tho' imagine that threshold will be relatively low. We can't really be seen to be standing in the way of our academy players as that could jeopardise signing up other youngsters. I'd be very surprised if there isn't a handful of clubs willing to splash out good money for Liam.

I'd love to keep Lindsay. But realistically we will probably sell him to Leeds.

I'd keep Fraser (he'll return better) and buy a defender and a striker.

If we keep Azeez we won't get another striker. We rarely start with 2 forwards, so Doolan, Nisbet and Azeez will be enough.

We do need to replace Liam and Keown, but other than that I suspect it will be players stepping up from the U20 squad

If we keep Azeez we won't get another striker. We rarely start with 2 forwards, so Doolan, Nisbet and Azeez will be enough.

We do need to replace Liam and Keown, but other than that I suspect it will be players stepping up from the U20 squad

A possibility is if Leeds is Lindsay's destination then a deal to bring Erwin could work.

If we keep Azeez we won't get another striker. We rarely start with 2 forwards, so Doolan, Nisbet and Azeez will be enough. We do need to replace Liam and Keown, but other than that I suspect it will be players stepping up from the U20 squad

With Amoo likely to move on I'd say another winger or someone who can play wing/forward or wing/midfield and who can give a decent goal return. I feel Azeez will give us goals next season but am not confident he will be as productive as Doolan. We need goals from elsewhere. More from Erskine and Lawless - especially as we probably won't have Liam's goals next season. One way to get goals is to bring in someone who is either an attacking midfielder or winger and has a knack of getting goals. With extra money this season hopefully we can get someone in who is more than just potential we hope will work out.

Why do we keep thinking Lindsay will go? He has 2 seasons left on contract. He's improving and learning in a team with great spirit and good players. Does he want to be lost in England going to soon?

He has pretty much said himself that he needs to leave if he has any International ambitions. He could also multiply his salary many times over. Wouldn't you take the gamble if you were offered the chance and believed in your own ability ?

Why do we keep thinking Lindsay wil go? He has 2 seasons left on contract. He's improving and learning in a team with great spirit and good players. Does he want to be lost in England going to soon?

Lindsay has aspirations to play for the national team and, while Gordon Strachan is in charge, the only way he will be able to do that is to prove himself in the English Championship.

Had Strachan included him in the Scotland squad for the recent friendly v Canada, it would have put us in a much better position to keep him.

There is still a chance he will stay but I would say it is unlikely.