Liam Lindsey's (Relative) Value?

thistle4celtic1

This is all about demand and supply.....we have him contracted till 2019 and it appears a number of teams are interested so the only should be if he wants to go this summer or we want the money if neither apples I would wait till next summer as his value should increase

Comparisons to past players are meaningless and the money in the English leagues is so much more

Current valuation should be at least £1m

This is all about demand and supply.....we have him contracted till 2019 and it appears a number of teams are interested so the only should be if he wants to go this summer or we want the money if neither apples I would wait till next summer as his value should increase

Comparisons to past players are meaningless and the money in the English leagues is so much more

Current valuation should be at least £1m

I'd agree it's largely about supply and demand but there's maybe also internal "political" issues to be taken into account. As a product of our youth system we can't be seen to be standing in the way of his future. A prominent way of selling our academy to kids & parents will be demonstrating previous success. Plus obviously there could be a release clause in Liam's contract that's below his current valuation. So I don't believe it's entirely down to supply & demand. Hopefully if there's two or more clubs bidding market forces are by far the major influence. If that be the case then it's not much difference from selling a house in as much as the asking price is inconsequential.

Yet again that same photo of Liam and Kingsley appears. Are the club angling for a joint bid? In which case what is the combined transfer value of Liam and Kingsley?

However, my understanding is that unless Kingsley signs a new deal his contract expires at the end of this season and therefore he may become available on a Bosman.

Edited by partickthedog

It certainly wouldn't do him any harm to stay for another year. Will he be guaranteed regular football if he moves?

I'd love us to keep him for one more year; by then, he'll have been in the Scotland squad and his value will have increased

• 1 month later...

Are you joking. We should sell for no less than £750k with add ons and sell on clause. But then again it's the sun.

Not disagreeing but it is possible to have a below market transfer fee with very favourable add & sell ons that will turn out to be far better than a higher transfer fee and average add/sell ons. Not saying that'll be the case but I'm rather surprised that competition for Liam hasn't been more evident.

Absolute joke if it's £350k. Lindsay has two years left on his deal and the only player outside the top two to make team of the year. I would expect £500k then add ons at the very least.

Especially considering how poorly how thistle players have done down south we should be taking as much transfer fee as possible with the only add on being a percentage of any future transfers

• Like 1

If there's no competition from other clubs then a lower fee was likely ... there may have been a clause in Lindsay's new contract meaning the club had to allow talks at a lower offer than they'd prefer, in which case the club has to try to get as good a deal as possible at that level. Of course Lindsay still has to agree terms: the money may be right-ish for the club but he still has to get the right deal for himself - and if possible get a feel for the club and whether it is right for him.

As an aside, I wonder if a club gets better offers for players if they have a track record of selling for big money. Like Hamilton a few years ago had several big sales in a row. Maybe we need to get that reputation before we get £1 million pound offers.