Another Two Years For Elliott.

Garscube Road End

Nothing wrong with suggesting Christie practices crossing a ball with his weaker foot. Assuming Penrice doesn't go back out on loan Elliott will likely be third in line as a left wingback/left back but even so it could still be a helpful exercise.

However I don't understand why Christie should be singled out for such criticism. Firstly he's most certainly not patonesque as proved at Rugby Pk.. Secondly he's no worse with his poorer foot than many of our higher rated players. Defenders are forever playing Erskine and Lawless onto their right foot, Bannigan to a degree likewise. Our best keeper for yonks is slightly uncomfortable with passbacks to his right hand side. Even an out and out winger like Amoo looks largely useless played down the left wing and the experienced Dan Seaborne couldn't even cover right centreback, leaving that duty to a left sided novice.

If watties wallies is meaning as a complete utility player Elliott should be equally proficient with both feet then I can see his point. Christie's final ball is not his strongest part of his game regardless of which foot. Certainly feel that his crossing lacks variety but he's a guy that improves year on year. Besides Christie offers so much more that I feel I'm being slightly churlish singling out any weakness.

Extending Christie's contract is great bit of business. Not just as he fits into the starting XI with such ease in a number of positions. Elliott's strength and pace make him an effective impact sub but equally importantly his presence in the squad allows Archie to have a couple extra options on the bench.

• Like 2

Undoubtedly now one of our most important players and without doubt our first choice full back on whichever side we choose to use him. He's forced his way in to the starting 11 of a team who has achieved it's highest league finish in 35 years. No mean feat.

He's been an outstanding servant to the club and a key part of our success this season.

• Like 5

It's incredible to think when we came up, he was a striker, who could play on the right.

Both him and Mcguigan were coming to the end of their contracts.

Archie went with Christie and the rest is history. He has developed into a sold player in every position he plays.

Imagine being a manager and having someone like christie in your team. Who, no matter what you ask of him, goes out and gives it everything he's got.

I would b not be surprised to see him fill in at Centre Half in a back three, such is his versatility.

Id love to hear him and archie sit down in an interview and talk through his development over the last 6 years.

• Like 1